ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:10 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by bobhill:
What kind of surgery?
ingrown toenail

He'll be back in a couple of years.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:28 PM 02-24-2021
October 19, 2019... that is the last football game Niang played in.

Seems like a major projection to think a guy who hasn’t taken part in organized football activities, practices or games in almost two years is going to instantly compete for a starting job next season.

Working out with his own trainer doesn’t count.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:37 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
What do you think he's been doing this year on the opt-out? Unless the Chiefs Medical department and training staff is totally incompetent he's been learning the offense, rehabbing his injury and doing strength training as well. When he opted out I don't think they gave him a bag of Cheetos and said "see you next spring."
This is grossly misinformed.

Teams were not allowed contact with players who opted out for the season.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:42 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Good by the opener!? Happy to place a wager on that one.
I had Achilles reconstruction and I was much older than fish at the time . I had full medical release and was back in the gym doing heavy squats at exactly 6 weeks post op.

It does depend on what repair method they actually used but he does not need the burst and cutting that a WR or RB would need so he should be good to go by week one.
[Reply]
In58men 03:46 PM 02-24-2021
Everyone here suddenly became a doctor :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 03:48 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Everyone here suddenly became a doctor :-)
Why not? There are more here that think they are qualified to be a GM or Head Coach that are less qualified to do so than Elmer Fudd is qualified to be a surgeon.
[Reply]
TEX 03:53 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I had Achilles reconstruction and I was much older than fish at the time . I had full medical release and was back in the gym doing heavy squats at exactly 6 weeks post op.

It does depend on what repair method they actually used but he does not need the burst and cutting that a WR or RB would need so he should be good to go by week one.
Good to hear that it will be ok if he lost his burst!
[Reply]
In58men 04:00 PM 02-24-2021
Why not? There are more here that think they are qualified to be a GM or Head Coach that are less qualified to do so than Elmer Fudd is qualified to be a surgeon.
I love this place
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:39 PM 02-24-2021
Forget months back. Just right now in this moment, this was best case scenario. I thought he was retiring for sure and if not, I thought he’d just ‘try’ to play only to get hurt again shortly after.

The surgery means he can and maybe should start and finish the year. Fills a massive hole AND gives the Chiefs the best possible RT, in all likelihood.
[Reply]
TRR 04:44 PM 02-24-2021

Suggs was able to come back in 5 months from a partial tear. If that’s the case, he might have an outside shot at playing some point within the season. Opening day? I’ll be awaiting your friendly wager good sir.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:48 PM 02-24-2021

Yeah... No..
[Reply]
penguinz 04:55 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah... No..
Do you have an actual intelligent response?
[Reply]
penguinz 04:57 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Suggs was able to come back in 5 months from a partial tear. If that’s the case, he might have an outside shot at playing some point within the season. Opening day? I’ll be awaiting your friendly wager good sir.
What do you want to wager that isn’t actual $. Restaurant gift card? Have to become gochiefs fanboy?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:57 PM 02-24-2021
Regarding Niang, this is encouraging:

This is really nice to see. Niang doing work. Also looks WAY more comfortable than he did his last year in college, where he was playing hurt. https://t.co/BjVVK3jHWp

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) February 24, 2021

Apparently that YouTube account has several other videos where he has been working with an offensive line technique coach, or something along those lines. And obviously looks healthy.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:59 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Forget months back. Just right now in this moment, this was best case scenario. I thought he was retiring for sure and if not, I thought he’d just ‘try’ to play only to get hurt again shortly after.

The surgery means he can and maybe should start and finish the year. Fills a massive hole AND gives the Chiefs the best possible RT, in all likelihood.
Just watched his wife’s IG stories. Some interesting things were said:

-He was with the training staff trying to get better. Sounds like he was making some progress but just not enough.
-Knew he was going to need surgery in the offseason.
It was spinal surgery.
-He’s in Dallas getting fixed by “best spinal surgeon in the country”.
-Key words here: she said it was VERY quick recovery

Sounds like minimally invasive? He’s going to be back in the Fall and I think he’ll be okay thank god.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up