ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 88
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Rausch 12:45 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:

He may not be a volume receiver in year one, but he is going to tilt the field in our favor.
Keep in mind that he won't waste year one transitioning from HB - He's a legit WR with a route tree who's already one of the best coming out at tracking the deep ball.

He's no MVS or Hardman: he's better than all 3 on day 1...
[Reply]
Warpaint69 01:00 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Keep in mind that he won't waste year one transitioning from HB - He's a legit WR with a route tree who's already one of the best coming out at tracking the deep ball.

He's no MVS or Hardman: he's better than all 3 on day 1...
I'd like to see him brought along in the offense like Rice was. Start with the slot and as his knowledge of the offense grows start moving him around. Don't really care to see him as a gadget guy, unless its more of a decoy situation.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:17 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
I'd like to see him brought along in the offense like Rice was. Start with the slot and as his knowledge of the offense grows start moving him around. Don't really care to see him as a gadget guy, unless its more of a decoy situation.
Fuck that. Get him out there from the get-go. Rookie or not his speed will stretch the D and put them in binds.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:58 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're being obtuse. It's faster than any in game GPS time Tyreek put up las year (and I'm pretty sure the last few years). Tyreek might be faster in game more consistently, but it's close.

Also, look at where #10 is when Worthy is around the 50. He's ahead of him by a couple yards, has the angle, and still can't catch him.
That's like Tyreek Hill shit, where a guy thinks he's got an angle, but it doesn't matter and Hill beats them to the spot and zooms on by untouched. The dude is fast as shit.

That #10 is Darrien Porter, who is fast.

Darien Porter, a wide receiver for Iowa State University, ran a 400-meter time of 46.99 seconds in 2019, breaking the Class 4A state record and becoming the first Iowa prep athlete to run the 400 in under 47 seconds. Porter also won the Class 4A state championship in the 400 meters in 2017 and 2019, and was the runner-up in 2018. In 2019, he was also a member of the state champion Class 4A 800 sprint medley team and won the state title in the 200 meters.

Like fast fast.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That's like Tyreek Hill shit, where a guy thinks he's got an angle, but it doesn't matter and Hill beats them to the spot and zooms on by untouched. The dude is fast as shit.

Darien Porter, a wide receiver for Iowa State University, ran a 400-meter time of 46.99 seconds in 2019, breaking the Class 4A state record and becoming the first Iowa prep athlete to run the 400 in under 47 seconds. Porter also won the Class 4A state championship in the 400 meters in 2017 and 2019, and was the runner-up in 2018. In 2019, he was also a member of the state champion Class 4A 800 sprint medley team and won the state title in the 200 meters.

Like fast fast.
Wow that is some important added context.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:14 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wow that is some important added context.
Yeah, he may not look Tyreek fast, but he absolutely is zooming around out there. He may not have Tyreeks elusiveness/quickness, but he's right there with him in top end speed. Also Hill is a ****ing HOF once in a lifetime talent. No one has it all like Tyreek does.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:20 PM 05-03-2024

Like fast fast.

:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:42 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Reply #1046 shows that Worthy ran significantly faster in a game last season than any NFL player including Hill. Taking his combine into consideration, it's safe to say that Worthy is the fastest player in the NFL.

His running style may have something to do with your perception of his speed. For instance, Pacheco is fast as hell, but his "stomping" makes him look slower than he is.
Not trying to muddy this thread up but once again comparing him and saying he is faster than Tyreek I think is a mistake and unreasonable expectation. Tyreek would beat him in a foot race and it probably wouldn't be all that close.

Is he fast, definitely and I love that he is on our team. I like the fact that he is tough as well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:47 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not trying to muddy this thread up but once again comparing him and saying he is faster than Tyreek I think is a mistake and unreasonable expectation. Tyreek would beat him in a foot race and it probably wouldn't be all that close.

Is he fast, definitely and I love that he is on our team. I like the fact that he is tough as well.
Tyreek isn't just fast. He's got insane quickness and can stop on a dime and change direction and get back up to full speed in no time. Worthy might beat him in straight line speed, but he's not able to do what Tyreek is able to do. If he was he'd be a top 10 draft pick.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:55 PM 05-03-2024
Tyreek isn't just fast. He's got insane quickness and can stop on a dime and change direction and get back up to full speed in no time. Worthy might beat him in straight line speed, but he's not able to do what Tyreek is able to do. If he was he'd be a top 10 draft pick.
Overall No disagreement

I am excited about Worthy and can't wait to read the reports of his performance this weekend. The fun offense is coming back this season and I am hyped.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:57 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Don't really care to see him as a gadget guy, unless its more of a decoy situation.
Weeeeell....we both know he'll be doing that. Hopefully not just that though...
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:59 PM 05-03-2024

Considering Worthy has a faster 10 yard split, 20 yard split, 40 yard time AND top speed, there is no evidence to suggest Tyreek would beat worthy in a foot race at all, let alone handily.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 05-03-2024

"Don't believe the lying 40 laser time and GPS!"

It's amazing how people can be presented with facts and just ignore them by doubling down.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Considering Worthy has a faster 10 yard split, 20 yard split, 40 yard time AND top speed, there is no evidence to suggest Tyreek would beat worthy in a foot race at all, let alone handily.
I'm even willing to give him that Tyreek could win despite that, but it's the "wouldn't even be all that close" part that is just the epitome of willful ignorance.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:29 PM 05-03-2024

Like fast fast.
It is details like this that help make this place the most awesome site on the interwebs!

Thank you, sir.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 88
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up