Page 2 of 275
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
staylor26 05:30 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Pretty much set in stone it'll be

Williams
Daniels
Maye
Harrison

Only intrigue at the top is who is actually taking Maye.
Unless everybody in the media is getting it wrong, the Commaders are going Daniels, and therefore the Pats will get Maye.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:32 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Unless everybody in the media is getting it wrong, the Commaders are going Daniels, and therefore the Pats will get Maye.
I know. Heard the Giants, Vikings, and Broncos are all incredibly interested if Maye drops to 3 though.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:32 PM 04-24-2024
Whoooooooooooooooooooooo's horny?!?

Feels like I've got a slab of throbbing granite in my trousers.

LFG.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:34 PM 04-24-2024
I know. Heard the Giants, Vikings, and Broncos are all incredibly interested if Maye drops to 3 though.
Breer said the Pats will take him if he does, and word is that they were telling FAs they were staying at 3 and taking a QB.

I don't see any way they trade that pick unless they get an insane offer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:35 PM 04-24-2024
Breer said the Pats will take him if he does, and word is that they were telling FAs they were staying at 3 and taking a QB.

I don't see any way they trade that pick unless they get an insane offer.
Ah. Last I heard they were 'listening'. As in, offer us 3+ first rounders and we might listen.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 04-24-2024
Ah. Last I heard they were 'listening'. As in, offer us 3+ first rounders and we might listen.
Found the tweet:

The #Patriots' pitch to offensive free agents in early March was that they would sign a veteran quarterback and then draft a rookie quarterback third overall, per @MoveTheSticks.

“In free agency, I know when they were talking to some offensive players and trying to get them to… pic.twitter.com/aHFQ4BC3eG

— Carlos Talks Pats (@LosTalksPats) April 23, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:36 PM 04-24-2024
Do you guys have concerns about Daniels’ ability to last in the league?

He took some monster hits in college. Seems like he doesn’t protect himself well.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:37 PM 04-24-2024
And the Breer tweet:

"I now feel pretty good that [Drake Maye] will be a New England Patriot." - @AlbertBreer on Instagram.

— Hayden Winks (@HaydenWinks) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 05:37 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Do you guys have concerns about Daniels’ ability to last in the league?

He took some monster hits in college. Seems like he doesn’t protect himself well.
I personally think it's a little wild to take him over Maye.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:38 PM 04-24-2024
I personally think it's a little wild to take him over Maye.
I could see his rookie season ending early when he tries to do too much honestly
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:38 PM 04-24-2024
Fair enough. Chargers are in position to make out like bandits then if enough teams want McCarthey then.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:39 PM 04-24-2024
That's Penix for me. Had his season ended 4 times. In college. He's not durable enough for the NFL.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:27 PM 04-24-2024
Fair enough. Chargers are in position to make out like bandits then if enough teams want McCarthey then.
The problem ther is that the two teams other than the Vikings most likely to trade up are the Broncos or Chargers.

If you're the Vikings, you know they aren't giving a division rival a potential franchise QB, especially not the one that Harbaugh loves.

I think the Vikings might be able to get it for just their 2 1st rounders.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:38 PM 04-24-2024
The problem ther is that the two teams other than the Vikings most likely to trade up are the Broncos or Chargers.

If you're the Vikings, you know they aren't giving a division rival a potential franchise QB, especially not the one that Harbaugh loves.

I think the Vikings might be able to get it for just their 2 1st rounders.
I think they could game the Giants into giving up some pretty valuable draft capital if they feel there's a significant dropoff between JJ McCarthey and Nix/Penix. That would still leave them in prime position to get whoever they desired.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:43 PM 04-24-2024
Joe Alt smokes crack, spread the rumor, lets get him to 32

And Marvin Harrison smoke way more than Joe, lets get him to 64
[Reply]
Page 2 of 275
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up