ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 378 of 380
« First < 278328368374375376377378 379380 >
The Dumbass Lounge>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:27 AM 09-18-2020
Trying to stream the US Open at work. Can't get any of the streams to work correctly.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:37 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Trying to stream the US Open at work. Can't get any of the streams to work correctly.
Ah, stupid ad block & stop auto play killed it.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:20 PM 09-18-2020
I would be happy with a 3-putt on some of these massive sloped greens at Winged Foot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:31 PM 09-18-2020
Fatprick Reed winning the US Open would be the most 2020 thing that could happen.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:08 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Fatprick Reed winning the US Open would be the most 2020 thing that could happen.
Guy misses every green. Makes pars. I want to see ball striking succeed.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:23 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Guy misses every green. Makes pars. I want to see ball striking succeed.
I find it interesting that a guy who has been caught cheating by improving his lie multiple times somehow always has a great lie when he's missing fairways in 4+ inch rough.
[Reply]
Miles 06:43 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I find it interesting that a guy who has been caught cheating by improving his lie multiple times somehow always has a great lie when he's missing fairways in 4+ inch rough.
I donít follow the PGA all that close outside of the big tournaments and didnít realize he had a this history until now.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:26 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
I donít follow the PGA all that close outside of the big tournaments and didnít realize he had a this history until now.
He was also kicked off his college team for stealing and cheating.

Peter Kostis made news for talking about it earlier this year:


"Iíve seen Patrick Reed improve his lie up close and personal four times now. But puttingÖ. You can go on YouTube. Itís the only time Iíve ever shut McCord up, he didnít know what to say when I said Ďthe lie that I saw originally wouldnít have allowed for this shot.í Because [Reed] put four, five clubs behind the ball, kind of faking whether heís going to hit this shot or hit that shot Ė and by the time he was done, he hit a freaking 3 wood out of there. Which, when I saw it, it was a sand wedge layup originally, right?"


He caught a penalty for improving his lie in a waste area last year here:

https://youtu.be/nCuTyD5VhsM

His relationship with his parents is completely toxic. He even said he'd have them thrown out of a tournament if he knew they were there early in the round.

By most accounts heís a loathsome person.
[Reply]
Miles 07:51 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He was also kicked off his college team for stealing and cheating.

Peter Kostis made news for talking about it earlier this year:


"Iíve seen Patrick Reed improve his lie up close and personal four times now. But puttingÖ. You can go on YouTube. Itís the only time Iíve ever shut McCord up, he didnít know what to say when I said Ďthe lie that I saw originally wouldnít have allowed for this shot.í Because [Reed] put four, five clubs behind the ball, kind of faking whether heís going to hit this shot or hit that shot Ė and by the time he was done, he hit a freaking 3 wood out of there. Which, when I saw it, it was a sand wedge layup originally, right?"


He caught a penalty for improving his lie in a waste area last year here:

https://youtu.be/nCuTyD5VhsM

His relationship with his parents is completely toxic. He even said he'd have them thrown out of a tournament if he knew they were there early in the round.

By most accounts heís a loathsome person.
Thatís a bit of a bummer about him. I know a fair number of members of his local club and they always have good things to say about him but easy with limited interaction.
[Reply]
Miles 07:53 PM 09-18-2020
How are you liking the i500s? I got 4 rounds in last week and was striking my irons as well as I have in a while and loving these things.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:56 AM 09-20-2020
The last of my new clubs finally came in and I picked them up yesterday. Can't wait to get out and hit them.



[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 09-20-2020
Yeah reed is an ass.

On a separate note

One of the guys I play with a lot played at South Carolina collegiately. Still is a stick, really good player. He played with matt kuchar a lot when he was at Georgia tech. Interesting to hear him talk about how the guys who were the best players in college generally aren’t the ones who made it on tour. A lot about luck and development I guess
[Reply]
philfree 10:14 AM 09-20-2020
I don't know if I can watch the final group much today. Two weird swings that are not really nice to watch. One guy just tries to gorilla it on every swing and the other guy has a really awkward twitchy forward press or something combined with a funky takeaway and rerouted swing. The Gorilla vs Twitchy.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:17 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah reed is an ass.

On a separate note

One of the guys I play with a lot played at South Carolina collegiately. Still is a stick, really good player. He played with matt kuchar a lot when he was at Georgia tech. Interesting to hear him talk about how the guys who were the best players in college generally arenít the ones who made it on tour. A lot about luck and development I guess
I mean the guys who are good enough to make the PGA (or even Nationwide) are probably at that level by their middle college years if not earlier. Wouldn't you rather get paid to play golf rather than pay tuition to play?
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I mean the guys who are good enough to make the PGA (or even Nationwide) are probably at that level by their middle college years if not earlier. Wouldn't you rather get paid to play golf rather than pay tuition to play?
Some are but not most.

The biggest breaking point on it is always cash. It costs a fuck load to go out and try to make it. Most of those guys who are that good arenít paying tuition anyway and the amount of experience they get in college without having to be paying for it is worth it.

Itís a lot different that the other sports. Very few if any guys come out and are ready to do it halfway thru college.
[Reply]
Page 378 of 380
« First < 278328368374375376377378 379380 >
Up