ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 375 of 460
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Monticore 06:06 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thats alot of coin! Once Bitcoin hits 12,000 I'm gonna buy some PXG 0311 Gen3s. See if it makes any difference than my 16 yr old irons.
I love blades , grew up playing McGregor Muirfield 20th irons I hate the fact I don't play enough to be consistent with them anymore and have to use cavity muscle irons the AP2 are ok but feel is just not the same.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:38 AM 08-07-2020
Thats alot of coin! Once Bitcoin hits 12,000 I'm gonna buy some PXG 0311 Gen3s. See if it makes any difference than my 16 yr old irons.
Those PXGs look nice, Never even heard of Dartgods new sticks before but those look nice as well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 08-07-2020
Just a tip but I wouldn’t buy pxg. It’s pricey and I just wasn’t overly impressed.

I’ve always been a titleist guy but the ping blades and mizuno blades are more bang for your buck

IMO
[Reply]
tonyetony 08:11 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Those video breakdowns are cool but if I try and get to technical It’s over , just hit the damn ball is my motto.
Yep. Once I'm setup my swing thoughts are pretty simple.
1 Keep weight inside of right leg
2. Keep left arm as straight as possible
3. Strong left grip
4. Lastly focus on how close to the center of the club face I'm going to strike the ball.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:47 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Just a tip but I wouldn’t buy pxg. It’s pricey and I just wasn’t overly impressed.

I’ve always been a titleist guy but the ping blades and mizuno blades are more bang for your buck

IMO
I never tried the PXG but I Had few sets of Mizunos and there were the best feeling clubs around at the time, The AP2 are a nice performing club but well hit balls still don't feel as nice as the Mizuno forged.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:57 AM 08-07-2020
I love blades , grew up playing McGregor Muirfield 20th irons I hate the fact I don't play enough to be consistent with them anymore and have to use cavity muscle irons the AP2 are ok but feel is just not the same.
I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 handicap. I wasn't good enough I didn't think and went back to players irons. I did love how they performed out of heavy rough. The smaller faces of blades make them cut thru the rough like butter

Have you ever tried a mix? Say cavity backs for 4 iron to 6 iron, blades from 7iron to PW? I've never been a great long iron player. I just cant hit them straight and hook them more than any club in the bag but maybe thats because everything is offset. My strength in my game is mid irons so I love blades for 7i to Wedge.

BTW, why do they make irons automatically offset? It drives me nuts. No one under a 12 handicap wants offset.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:24 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Very cool. I've been contemplating getting something like this for awhile. Might take the plunge on this one.
Fuck it. Bought one for me and one for my dad.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:55 AM 08-07-2020
I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 handicap. I wasn't good enough I didn't think and went back to players irons. I did love how they performed out of heavy rough. The smaller faces of blades make them cut thru the rough like butter

Have you ever tried a mix? Say cavity backs for 4 iron to 6 iron, blades from 7iron to PW? I've never been a great long iron player. I just cant hit them straight and hook them more than any club in the bag but maybe thats because everything is offset. My strength in my game is mid irons so I love blades for 7i to Wedge.

BTW, why do they make irons automatically offset? It drives me nuts. No one under a 12 handicap wants offset.
Never tried a mix but I assume it would make sense, I don't hit a high ball so long irons are not my strong suit not sure any amateur hits them well , I hti a pretty mean 2 iron off the tee on short par fours until I discovered hyrbids but I don't think i'm ready for 3-5 hyrbids just yet, and I concur on offset clubs drives me nuts.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:15 AM 08-07-2020

My dad uses a full set of mizuno blades and does ok at 73 , shot his age(par 70) this year, but he is like me and would rather play with what he likes and struggle rather than go full game improvement.
[Reply]
philfree 04:17 PM 08-12-2020
Just sent an email asking for an application to the elite country club in the area. I played golf there when I was young on my dads membership so I know it well. I could have joined years ago but I didn't because to me it's a great responsibility and frankly I didn't want to be responsible. But it's time and I'm excited. I'm also buying a house there as well so woo who!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:25 AM 08-13-2020
I have a like new set of Callaway Apex 19's arriving today. First time in a long time that I've bought a set of irons based on just hitting the demo, but as I get older and less flexible, the MP53's are getting harder and harder to hit consistently. Handicap has risen from 9 to 12 recently which is no bueno.

Looking forward to something more forgiving across the face, and not having to hit a sweet spot the size of a pencil eraser.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
Just sent an email asking for an application to the elite country club in the area. I played golf there when I was young on my dads membership so I know it well. I could have joined years ago but I didn't because to me it's a great responsibility and frankly I didn't want to be responsible. But it's time and I'm excited. I'm also buying a house there as well so woo who!
Where you goin?
[Reply]
philfree 06:05 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where you goin?
HHCC
[Reply]
O.city 08:04 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
HHCC
Nice

You’ll enjoy.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:32 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I have a like new set of Callaway Apex 19's arriving today. First time in a long time that I've bought a set of irons based on just hitting the demo, but as I get older and less flexible, the MP53's are getting harder and harder to hit consistently. Handicap has risen from 9 to 12 recently which is no bueno.

Looking forward to something more forgiving across the face, and not having to hit a sweet spot the size of a pencil eraser.
You will probably miss that buttery feel and feedback but long term new stick might help the game
[Reply]
Page 375 of 460
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Up