ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 459
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
007 12:39 PM 01-23-2011
Just got my new X22s Guess I will see if a club really can improve a crappy game. heh
[Reply]
spanky 52 01:20 PM 01-23-2011
You got a cool brother in law. Enjoy the trip.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:21 PM 01-23-2011
Damn you Hamas lol...jealous now.

Getting to play the Old Course would be worth it alone...Carnoustie is awesome too. Just don't go full van de Velde on 18 lol.

What are the other courses you can choose from? Something like Troon or Turnberry would be the icing on top.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:22 AM 01-25-2011
Here are the courses:

St. Andrews Old Course
St. Andrews New or Jubilee Course
Carnoustie Championship Course
Prestwick Old
Nairn (I guess they held the 1999 Walker Cup there and will host the 2012 Curtis Cup)
Royal Dornoch (which is rated by Golf Digest as the #3 course outside of the US). Tom Watson said it was the best links course he's ever played.

I'm just stunned.
[Reply]
Fairplay 01:34 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by Guru:
Just got my new X22s Guess I will see if a club really can improve a crappy game. heh

That is a sweet set of clubs Guru, at least you'll look good out on the course.

A friend of mine plays really good golf, low 90's. Hes cheap though, real cheap. He uses his dads old set of clubs from the 70's. I mean they look bad. But he does good out there. Imagine what he'd do with quality clubs like yours.
[Reply]
Fairplay 01:37 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So, my brother-in-law won a 7 day golf vacation via a contest he entered (yes, it's actually legit) and he's taking me to play five courses:

St Andrews (Old and New)
Prestwick
Carnoustie
and one other of our choosing from a certain list.

Thats awesome Hamas. A dream vacation to say the least.

Cool stuff.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:02 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Here are the courses:

St. Andrews Old Course
St. Andrews New or Jubilee Course
Carnoustie Championship Course
Prestwick Old
Nairn (I guess they held the 1999 Walker Cup there and will host the 2012 Curtis Cup)
Royal Dornoch (which is rated by Golf Digest as the #3 course outside of the US). Tom Watson said it was the best links course he's ever played.

I'm just stunned.
That is cool as hell man. Congrats!
[Reply]
Jerm 08:28 AM 01-25-2011
I've heard Dornoch is a gem...wow congrats.

That is an epic trip.
[Reply]
TIED5573 08:38 AM 01-25-2011
That is an epic, way cool trip. Hit'em straight!
[Reply]
Stewie 02:27 PM 01-29-2011
I just bought the Callaway Diablo Edge driver for $99 on ebay... $15 shipping. I loved it when I hit it a year ago but wasn't willing to spend the money when the price was sky high. I'll re-grip it with a Tacki-mac jumbo grip when it gets here. It's a 10.5 with a stiffy. Heh! Stiffy!
[Reply]
Braincase 04:25 PM 02-03-2011
My oldest daughter didn't make the volleyball team this past fall, but she has two years of junior golf under her belt, so I've talked her into taking a crack at the golf team this fall as a freshman. I'll get her some lessons with the local pro at LCC. I wasn't about to drop $500.00 bucks on a set of Pings for her, but I may have found the next best thing. Ordered her a set of Ping G-15 knockoffs from Gigagolf.com. Hell, you can get a complete iron set for $120.00 if you go with stock grips and the less expensive Tru-Temper steel shafts.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 04:30 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I just bought the Callaway Diablo Edge driver for $99 on ebay... $15 shipping. I loved it when I hit it a year ago but wasn't willing to spend the money when the price was sky high. I'll re-grip it with a Tacki-mac jumbo grip when it gets here. It's a 10.5 with a stiffy. Heh! Stiffy!
I switched to the Diablo this summer (I had a Rapture before) and gained a few yards, but more importantly gained some accuracy.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 04:35 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by Braincase:
My oldest daughter didn't make the volleyball team this past fall, but she has two years of junior golf under her belt, so I've talked her into taking a crack at the golf team this fall as a freshman. I'll get her some lessons with the local pro at LCC. I wasn't about to drop $500.00 bucks on a set of Pings for her, but I may have found the next best thing. Ordered her a set of Ping G-15 knockoffs from Gigagolf.com. Hell, you can get a complete iron set for $120.00 if you go with stock grips and the less expensive Tru-Temper steel shafts.
If you haven't purchased these yet you might go for a used set. You can likely find a high quality used set for $120 or less.

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/...efault,pd.html
[Reply]
RockChalk 04:35 PM 02-03-2011
Just a comment from a Ping fan (I5's in my bag)

Does your daughter really enjoy the game? If so, wouldn't that $500 set of clubs be worth the initial investment if she became good enough to earn a scholarship?

Trust me, I'm out at Alvamar enough that I often catch the KU women's team practicing. It apparently doesn't take a whole lot of skill to play for KU golf. While I'm sure there are some really good golfers on the team, there are also some girls that you wonder how they made their high school team.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:36 PM 02-03-2011
Shit.

Wish I had known. I'm getting ready to sell a cherry set of Ping G5's.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 459
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up