ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 460
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:28 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
FWIW, as much as hitting a slice would suck, being someone who hits a hard draw is even worse when it comes to looking for equipment. I went back to Dick's in CoMo tonight and was looking hard at an FT-iQ with the tour version of the Fubuki (63g), but even that driver had a shut face.
Why do they make every club w/ a offset closed face just about? I know there has got to be a reason? Most pros hit like to hit a fade w/ as it's more controlled, but do they tune their clubs to be offset a little?
[Reply]
Shag 08:33 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Why do they make every club w/ a offset closed face just about? I know there has got to be a reason? Most pros hit like to hit a fade w/ as it's more controlled, but do they tune their clubs to be offset a little?
Same reason you see "draw" clubs - 99% of recreational golfers slice the ball...
[Reply]
Miles 08:34 PM 04-13-2010
BTW, Golfnow.com is pretty cool. You can get discounted tee times. I found a deal to play Tiffany Greens for like $35 w/ a cart. Of course you have to be able to play in the evening, but that is when you don't have fivesome's of old guys hibbity hobbling around and can go faster.
Yeah it's a handy site. Golfhub.com is another good one to look for deals.
[Reply]
Miles 08:39 PM 04-13-2010
FWIW, as much as hitting a slice would suck, being someone who hits a hard draw is even worse when it comes to looking for equipment. I went back to Dick's in CoMo tonight and was looking hard at an FT-iQ with the tour version of the Fubuki (63g), but even that driver had a shut face.
For some reason I remember it being easier back when Callaway sold neutral faced drivers. Off the top of my head about the only thing you might find at Golfsmith is a Taylor Made TP.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:46 PM 04-13-2010
Because 90% of golfers hit a slice.
[Reply]
Miles 08:50 PM 04-13-2010
Because of the nature/speed of their swings, I think most tour players are typically a few degrees open and I have heard as much as 7 degrees.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:52 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Miles:
Because of the nature/speed of their swings, I think most tour players are typically a few degrees open and I have heard as much as 7 degrees.
Vijay had a 9 wood bent 7 degrees open and de-lofted to a 7 wood.

:-)

How would you think to tell the equipment guys to do that.
[Reply]
Miles 08:56 PM 04-13-2010
Vijay had a 9 wood bent 7 degrees open and de-lofted to a 7 wood.

How would you think to tell the equipment guys to do that.
Do the equipment guys even respond with words to that or just return a blank stare like they don't understand the language he is speaking?

Vijay is where I am pretty sure I had heard about using the 7 degree open driver.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:31 PM 04-13-2010
Do the equipment guys even respond with words to that or just return a blank stare like they don't understand the language he is speaking?

Vijay is where I am pretty sure I had heard about using the 7 degree open driver.
7 degree open driver? That would be awesome. I wouldn't have to swing like a girl anymore and duck hook it into the ground.
[Reply]
Miles 10:57 PM 04-13-2010
7 degree open driver? That would be awesome. I wouldn't have to swing like a girl anymore and duck hook it into the ground.
-7 is pretty extreme. What were you doing with previous drivers back when you played more often? I seem to recall you saying you used to play in college or had at least had a swing up there of that caliber at some point.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:25 PM 04-13-2010
-7 is pretty extreme. What were you doing with previous drivers back when you played more often? I seem to recall you saying you used to play in college or had at least had a swing up there of that caliber at some point.
LOL I know I was just joking. I still have my straight faced Ping driver. I don't even know what it's called. Whatever the big black thing was around 1999. I think it's a IST. All I know is that driver helped me out a little bit. I used to have a Calloway Steelhead fairway woods that were really offset and I would duck hook it bad. I wonder how much of that was in my head though.
[Reply]
Miles 11:40 PM 04-13-2010
LOL I know I was just joking. I still have my straight faced Ping driver. I don't even know what it's called. Whatever the big black thing was around 1999. I think it's a IST. All I know is that driver helped me out a little bit. I used to have a Calloway Steelhead fairway woods that were really offset and I would duck hook it bad. I wonder how much of that was in my head though.
About the open face or your game?

I would guess that Ping is probably the TISI. That was one of the first that got everyone worked up about the springboard face of larger drivers. Unless it has one of the better upgraded shafts you likely could have ordered from Ping at the time, there is a decent chance that shaft could be screwing you on the hook. That was right about the time tour quality shafts finally started doing interesting things (in the good sense).
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:26 PM 04-14-2010
Thought people might get a kick out of this:

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:32 PM 04-14-2010
And a golf cussing montage:

(Els calls himself a cunt)

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:35 PM 04-15-2010
Thought people might get a kick out of this: