ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 460
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:08 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
More like "fucking ankle-grabbingly anti-climatic."

Well, for 9 holes at least, this was one of the best Masters Sundays in recent memory.

Then the fucking wheels fell off and we might have well been watching the goddamn John Deere Classic from Shitsville, IL.
That's golf, though. Tiger really didn't have it today, and Phil has never been able to play 18 holes of lights out golf. He's always pretty much been a 6 hole golfer. He'll have 6 holes where he's better than anyone, 6 holes where he plays like a 4 handicap on a tour course, and 6 holes where he's alright. Phil's putting was awful, though.

Generally, you aren't going to get "great finishes" in these events w/o guys like Tiger and Phil winning. All the classic Masters moments have the best guys winning. It's not a coincidence.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:10 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I thought it was awesome. Exactly what I was cheering for after Tiger fell out.
Eh, whatever. It turned out to be a bunch of bumbling and reluctance to step up and win the thing. Sudden death gold is always good to watch, especially at Augusta, but is is too much to ask that the players get there on a birdie-birdie run, not fall there by a bogey-bogey?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 06:10 PM 04-12-2009
More like "fucking ankle-grabbingly anti-climatic."

Well, for 9 holes at least, this was one of the best Masters Sundays in recent memory.

Then the fucking wheels fell off and we might have well been watching the goddamn John Deere Classic from Shitsville, IL.
Or Butt Crack, Il. Er...Butt Creek, Il
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:12 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's golf, though. Tiger really didn't have it today, and Phil has never been able to play 18 holes of lights out golf. He's always pretty much been a 6 hole golfer. He'll have 6 holes where he's better than anyone, 6 holes where he plays like a 4 handicap on a tour course, and 6 holes where he's alright. Phil's putting was awful, though.

Generally, you aren't going to get "great finishes" in these events w/o guys like Tiger and Phil winning. All the classic Masters moments have the best guys winning. It's not a coincidence.
Personally, I wasn't expecting a great finish to begin with - even if Tiger or Phil had posted 11 or 12 under, it's a wait to see if it holds up.

But seeing one guy give up 2 shots in the last 2 holes to a guy that was playing his 3rd shot from 180 away on the 72nd hole is about as shitty as it gets for the best tournament of the year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:15 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Eh, whatever. It turned out to be a bunch of bumbling and reluctance to step up and win the thing. Sudden death gold is always good to watch, especially at Augusta, but is is too much to ask that the players get there on a birdie-birdie run, not fall there by a bogey-bogey?
I love watching players that are known to be chokers choke. It's hilariously awesome. And Cabrera seems like a cool dude.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:16 PM 04-12-2009
Personally, I wasn't expecting a great finish to begin with - even if Tiger or Phil had posted 11 or 12 under, it's a wait to see if it holds up.

But seeing one guy give up 2 shots in the last 2 holes to a guy that was playing his 3rd shot from 180 away on the 72nd hole is about as shitty as it gets for the best tournament of the year.
It's Kenny Perry. Part of major ch. golf are the collapses. That's why it's so captivating.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:19 PM 04-12-2009
You wouldn't like the US Open much if you don't like epic collapses.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:37 PM 04-12-2009
What a strange game. It's what makes for such great storytelling. To be literally that close and not win would haunt me forever and ever.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:44 PM 04-12-2009
Oh well, I still have the satisfaction of being right. Which is priceless.
By picking Cabrera on the 73rd hole to win?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:54 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
By picking Cabrera on the 73rd hole to win?
Exactly. Priceless.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:56 PM 04-12-2009
What a strange game. It's what makes for such great storytelling. To be literally that close and not win would haunt me forever and ever.
Greg Norman?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:01 PM 04-12-2009
Greg Norman?
Van De Velde, Monty, Thomas Bjorn, Sergio Crycia. The list is long.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:03 PM 04-12-2009
And I wonder where Paddy would be if he hadn't pulled a Lazarus and come back from the dead to put down Garcia at Carnoustie?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:05 PM 04-12-2009
Speaking of Garcia, he was just on the Golf Channel crying about the course in Augusta. What a fucking pussy.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:12 PM 04-12-2009
Speaking of Garcia, he was just on the Golf Channel crying about the course in Augusta. What a fucking pussy.
JFC. That makes literally no sense. 276 just won that tournament, not 295. If they wanted to, they could fuck the players hard with pin positions, but the tournament organizers realize that and give them pins on days like today where if you hit it to the right tier of the green it will trickle down within a few feet, and those greens are incredibly receptive to long approaches.

He will never win a major. What a cunt.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 460
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up