ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1027 of 2690
« First < 27527927977101710231024102510261027 102810291030103110371077112715272027 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Spread 'em and run middle screens all day.

FAX
Jack and Smith will blow those up.

This ain't your average defense, mang.
[Reply]
FAX 03:29 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jack and Smith will blow those up.

This ain't your average defense, mang.
Okay. Run the reverse bubble screen converted I-set RPO.

There has to be something we can do.

What we're looking for here is something that will both confuse and tire. (That's why I was thinking middle screen from the spread.)

Anyhow, if they're confused, they will begin to question and doubt their fellow teammates. If they're tired enough, it may come to blows.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 03:30 PM 09-19-2018
Actually, while we're on the subject ... how good are the Jags' special teams?

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 03:30 PM 09-19-2018
Yeah, I dunno how you beat that Jags D.

IIRC, last year they weren't very good vs the run. Maybe ?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 09-19-2018
mahomie don't play dat

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:35 PM 09-19-2018
I had a guy about 4-5 rows down yelling up at me during the Bills game about what an idiot I was for blaming Smith on missed targets. "What do you want to do, go to Mahomes and end up back in the 3-13 days with Cassel?!" It was literally the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Then he doubled down with standard "Smithisms" about how he never turns the ball over, blah blah blah.

That mother****er didn't say boo after Smith threw a terrible interception to end that game.

The number of people that aren't going to eat the shit they deserve to eat just frustrates the hell out of me. Those aggressively indignant one who sucks the peniss have no right to enjoy this, IMO.
Been there. My buddy is a Skins fan and his friend is a 49ers fan and loves Alex Smith. He swears by him and is trying to use Kap as why Mahomes may not be good. LOL. We have a bet on more wins, TDs and less INTs. I obviously took Mahomes and he took Smith. I'm already up in wins and crushing him in TDs through 2 games. The Alex homers are just brainwashed and too much to handle at times. They take stupid to another level. I'm patting myself on the back to them because I've been telling them how bad Alex is and how good Mahomes will be and could be. I've nailed everything about it so well that my buddy text me about Mahomes throwing 6 TDs, "meanwhile Alex is leading FG drives." 3 FGs agianst the Colts. :-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:35 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomie don't play dat

Eh, feels like that could be taken the wrong way. He's a demi-god, not a clown
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:37 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Keitzman loving him some Mahomes today.

Saying his interview today is the best we have heard.

My how things have changed huh?
He is such a flip flopping bastard, like Clay if he was on radio.
[Reply]
FAX 03:37 PM 09-19-2018
Yeah ... that's a bad meme deal and should be permanently deleted. Wish I'd never seen it, actually.

FAX
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:38 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
He is such a flip flopping bastard, like Clay if he was on radio.
I'm still relatively new here. Which one is Clay?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:38 PM 09-19-2018
Blitz him.

He'll do what Brady does - he'll find the blitz and he'll throw at it. With as many dangerous weapons as we can put in the pattern, you can't blitz AND play man; the math doesn't add up. So all you can do is blitz and throw a zone at him.

Well if you're blitzing, you're opening a hole in the zone where the blitzer is coming from. Smith would run away from the blitz and try to buy time for one of his receivers to find a hole and sit in the zone. Mahomes does the opposite - he stands there, looks right through the blitzing player and throws into the opening. He did it 3-4 times against Pittsburgh. He's just not the slightest bit afraid of those blitzes.

The only way to make a blitz work against him is to disguise the hell out of it but even that is difficult with as much motion as the Chiefs use. How can you keep a blitz disguised when you have 2-3 guys changing where they are in the formation? Or you just selectively deploy them and hope you catch him napping.

Which is where I get back to the death by 1,000 papercuts approach. I'd play a shitload of 2 deep man and try to lull him to sleep - then send a safety or something off the edge and try to catch him off guard.

Mostly, if I'm a defensive coordinator, I have an ulcer for a week and hope I get to face Gruden's "1995" offense the following game.
Did it against the Bears to Hunt for the TD. Mahomes is so good for 23 years old. It's wild to think what he could be
[Reply]
CupidStunt 03:39 PM 09-19-2018
So Brett Favre is a HUGE fan. Which is saying something given that everyone compares PM to him. Says his talent is "as good as anyone in the league now, and that's ever played the game."
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:42 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomie don't play dat

Delete this bullshit. WTF are you doing?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:43 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Mahomes has received a lot of blowback skepticism because of two guys. Jared Goff from Cal’s Air Raid offense drafted #1 in 2016 and sucked big time as a rookie. So that reinforces negative beliefs about Mahomes before 2017 Draft.

Deshaun Watson’s hot start and regression this year causes the more cautious approach on Mahomes’ performance this year. The Goff thing helped Mahomes avoid some bad coaches and franchises at the top of the Draft. The Deshaun Watson hypocrisy in the media will hopefully continue to fuel Pat’s fire. He has been proving people wrong for many years.

Some minds reject what they see when they witness greatness. They can't conceptualize that this arm talent and this mind add up to hall of famer.

You would not believe the haters of Brady and Manning if twitter was a thing their first year.

Here's the thing though, these idiots will finally come around, many already have.

I did a twitter search of "wrong about Mahomes" and it was hundreds and hundreds of GLORIOUS crow-eating.

I highly recommend it. It was like I kept pressing a morphine button.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:43 PM 09-19-2018

[Reply]
Page 1027 of 2690
« First < 27527927977101710231024102510261027 102810291030103110371077112715272027 > Last »
Up