ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
phisherman 08:40 PM 04-16-2021
We canned a fresh run of Rad AF yesterday at City Barrel and we'll also can a run on 4/20. The dankest batch of Rad AF ever.

I've probably ran 2000 miles or more sweating off freakin' Rad AF. One of my fraternity brothers is one of the owners of City Barrel and he'd brewed that recipe for several years prior to opening as a homebrewer.

It's funny; a lot of my good friends opened breweries in the last few years and they've all seen great success.

While I am down with all that have been recommended thus far, I stick with the following list. First, the Kansas City "ABCs".

Alma Mader
BKS Artisan Ales
City Barrel

Don't sleep on Torn Label, Crane, Emperial, Servaes, Transparent, Diametric, Grains and Taps, Fringe, Windshift, Apex or Three Trails. I'm sure I've forgotten some too. My main pick for best new brewery is PATHLIGHT in Lenexa/Shawnee. The owners are cool AF and are sharp and astute brewers. You really can't go wrong in KC when it comes to craft. If anyone has questions, please ask.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:39 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
More evidence that you never have a clue WTF you are talking about no matter the subject.

What makes Canoe Paddle a "Non Craft" beer?
Originally Posted by phisherman:
We canned a fresh run of Rad AF yesterday at City Barrel and we'll also can a run on 4/20. The dankest batch of Rad AF ever.

I've probably ran 2000 miles or more sweating off freakin' Rad AF. One of my fraternity brothers is one of the owners of City Barrel and he'd brewed that recipe for several years prior to opening as a homebrewer.

It's funny; a lot of my good friends opened breweries in the last few years and they've all seen great success.

While I am down with all that have been recommended thus far, I stick with the following list. First, the Kansas City "ABCs".

Alma Mader
BKS Artisan Ales
City Barrel

Don't sleep on Torn Label, Crane, Emperial, Servaes, Transparent, Diametric, Grains and Taps, Fringe, Windshift, Apex or Three Trails. I'm sure I've forgotten some too. My main pick for best new brewery is PATHLIGHT in Lenexa/Shawnee. The owners are cool AF and are sharp and astute brewers. You really can't go wrong in KC when it comes to craft. If anyone has questions, please ask.
I really didn’t care for Transparent.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:23 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I really didn’t care for Transparent.
They're not bad. No technically offensive beers but nothing that's going to wow you. The food they serve in house is amazing too. I don't get out there much but if I'm out by Lukas in Martin City it's worth a stop.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:08 PM 04-17-2021
I didn't remember the Lucas being there, Guess it'd been a while since I was in the area. I have not been to any of the breweries in Martin City. It's like what I am going to be doing before and after my next rack of lamb at Jack's Stack.

Originally Posted by phisherman:
They're not bad. No technically offensive beers but nothing that's going to wow you. The food they serve in house is amazing too. I don't get out there much but if I'm out by Lukas in Martin City it's worth a stop.

[Reply]
BWillie 11:05 PM 04-16-2021
I don't understand how anybody actually likes the taste of beer. They used to say you have to get used to it or it will grow on you. No, its because it doesn't taste good. If it didnt have alcohol nobody would drink it. Thats why all of the watery shitty beers are so popular because it deadens the test of an otherwise super disgusting beverage. People may prefer beer over cocktails because it allows for them to be "doing something" in social situations instead of sipping on some mixed drinks or whiskey.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:30 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand how anybody actually likes the taste of beer. They used to say you have to get used to it or it will grow on you. No, its because it doesn't taste good. If it didnt have alcohol nobody would drink it. Thats why all of the watery shitty beers are so popular because it deadens the test of an otherwise super disgusting beverage. People may prefer beer over cocktails because it allows for them to be "doing something" in social situations instead of sipping on some mixed drinks or whiskey.
Repeat this out loud to yourself over and over: "Other people like different things."
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:47 AM 04-17-2021
Uh, did you forget that you've already posted in this thread, including a picture of your beer? Maybe something to keep in mind in the future when you're shitposting.

What is wrong with a little ICE COLD COLORADO KOOL AID? Our fearless leader Patrick Mahomes drinks it.

Now, it's not as good as Keystone Ice. They don't even carry it at The Bellagio. Such bullshit. I like to drink it when I play cards with one of those horrible paper straws they have.

[Reply]
|Zach| 03:44 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Uh, did you forget that you've already posted in this thread, including a picture of your beer? Maybe something to keep in mind in the future when you're shitposting.
Amazing
[Reply]
Lzen 07:07 PM 04-17-2021
I know what you mean. Like you, I used to hate beer. But then I grew up.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:10 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I know what you mean. Like you, I used to hate beer. But then I grew up.
I fucking love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:11 PM 04-17-2021
I ****ing love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
Exactly!
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:24 PM 04-17-2021
I fucking love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
Absolutely. Before going to Florida recently, I was being asked if I had looked at things to do, etc.... and I was like, uh, you mean breweries and bottle shops? Yep, got it covered! :-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:29 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Absolutely. Before going to Florida recently, I was being asked if I had looked at things to do, etc.... and I was like, uh, you mean breweries and bottle shops? Yep, got it covered! :-)
I’m trying to convince my wife to go on a Bozeman, MT trip just so I can visit Mountains Walking :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:02 AM 04-17-2021
I can't can't or wont spend what good booze (whisky) costs in a bar, great beer, you taste it, love it, and it's affordable.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:11 AM 04-17-2021
I've had a $50 cinderblock giftcard in my wallet for like two years now. I need to use it eventually.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up