ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 3903
« First < 3181121127128129130131 1321331341351411812316311131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:27 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hahah we are just stacking up the Billions in lost revenue and wages now. I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about other than a seasonal bug. But my god people......
It'll be worse than the Great Recession in short order.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:27 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All march madness games will be played without crowds.
Talked about it a couple pages back. Conference tournaments as well

I haven't found confirmation on conference tournaments
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:28 PM 03-11-2020
I mean I guess everyone agrees about border wall now XD
Yeah but it is to keep Americans in so they don't infect the rest of the world who isn't fucking delusional
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:28 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I sure hope we can look back and say certain steps were not necessary.

I trust that these big decisions are not being made on a whim.
Unfortunately I think they are being made because public of perception. Again I'm worried the panic now has over taken the damage the virus had the potential for.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:28 PM 03-11-2020
I can agree with this, can we agree that maybe we are taking actions a little to drastic that in hindsight we will see as being a overraction. I don't care anymore because cat is out of the bag.

But,
Being realistic in my OPINION we might be over blowing the **** out of this.
Germany has a small % of our population. They just announced that 50-60 million could be right now, infected with the virus.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:29 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
If it was a stupid game everyone wouldn’t be taking these pro cautions. Right?

Just because you feel fine. Who says you aren’t carrying the virus?
I would never know because there's no way I can get tested. Why is that so hard to understand?

In S. Korea I could go to a drive through and get tested. We should be doing that.
[Reply]
Donger 03:30 PM 03-11-2020
Germany has a small % of our population. They just announced that 50-60 million could be right now, infected with the virus.
50 to 60 million Germans could be infected?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:30 PM 03-11-2020
I think she meant eventually.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:31 PM 03-11-2020
Do you not agree this is a crisis?
So you suggest everyone go get tested regardless of symptoms? Overwhelming our hospitals for tests they don't even have for people who most likely aren't infected? That's a better solution than simply...idk, washing your hands frequently and not attending a basketball game?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:31 PM 03-11-2020
Unfortunately I think they are being made because public of perception. Again I'm worried the panic now has over taken the damage the virus had the potential for.
of course there is an over reaction. Maybe if they hadn’t been lied to this whole time by the government, maybe they would have remained calm. When you can’t trust the people supposedly mitigating the threat, people let the minds run to worse case scenerio.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:32 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think she meant eventually.
Which makes me believe the Corona Virus will be a seasonal thing like the flu that settles down toward .1 mortality rate.

Time will tell, everyone pray there isnt a run on the banks, or more people will suffer than if they had gotten the virus in the first place.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:32 PM 03-11-2020
So if everyone is doing what you’re doing. Why all the panic?
What panic?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:32 PM 03-11-2020
of course there is an over reaction. Maybe if they hadn’t been lied to this whole time by the government, maybe they would have remained calm. When you can’t trust the people supposedly mitigating the threat, people let the minds run to worse case scenerio.
I mean how are we going to stop China from lying? Our own government cut travel very early. I don't know what they have LIED about.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:33 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We had it here before Italy.
In quarantine. Our community spread is 11 days behind them. 3 weeks ago Italy had 3 confirmed cases.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:34 PM 03-11-2020
Which makes me believe the Corona Virus will be a seasonal thing like the flu that settles down toward .1 mortality rate.
:-)

It's not and it won't.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 3903
« First < 3181121127128129130131 1321331341351411812316311131 > Last »
Up