ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Burleson: How to Slow Down Mahomes
Tribal Warfare 05:23 AM 01-25-2020

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:12 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Hey Nate it is against the rules to land with your body weight on the QB.
Like I said they may take a penalty or two. Like Mega said, Mahomes has no weaknesses and they know it so.............
[Reply]
stevieray 12:18 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Hit Mahomes fine you're just going make him angry and I don't think you will like him when he is angry..
This is an excellent point. He has such a endearing demeanor and attitude, you don't think about what he's like pissed off. He's a pretty big ol boy.

:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 12:22 PM 01-25-2020
Nothing fazes Pat.

If you watch his face after he straddled the sideline and knew the hit was coming, he was NONCHALANT about the contact, it almost looks like he just brushes him off before the DB tries the strip.

Cool as ice.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:35 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I've seen this sentiment repeated several times over the last few days. What they're saying is that there is no defense for Pat Mahomes. Which we knew. He had trouble with man-to-man press coverage for a minute, but now he's one of the best QBs at beating it. And he's always been the best at beating zone. You can't blitz him, because he's the best QB at beating the blitz. If you send 3 and drop 7 with a low LB spy, Pat manipulates the 3 rushers, gets outside of contain and either throws for big chinks or runs for TDs.

He has no weakness, there is no solution for defending Pat.

In football when this happens, the defense has one option which is to put as many hits on the QB as they can to try and compromise either his will to run and make him get rid of the ball early out of fear, or to actually hurt him enough to compromise the accuracy and even velocity and touch of his throws. Or both.

On the surface, because it's our QB, it feels like dirty play, but this has been a part of the game since before I was born. It's simply a part of the game. I can't cry about it now.

But honestly, I don't think this will be an issue. Even if they try to use this tactic, I don't think they're going to be able to either hurt him or get in his head.

Pat has an incredible ability to avoid big hits. So I don't see him taking a big shot, so long as he sees the rushers, and the OL does its job.

And we know you can't get in Pat's head.
Yeah, we had another QB like this- his name was Joe. It took a late, dirty, helmet to helmet hit by the fucking Bills to get him out of the game. It cost us a trip to the SB.

So when I hear these dirtbags advocating late hits on Mahomes, I take it seriously and I hope the Chiefs and the NFL do as well.

Fuck these guys and their thinly disguised Mahomes hate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:42 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yeah, we had another QB like this- his name was Joe. It took a late, dirty, helmet to helmet hit by the ****ing Bills to get him out of the game. It cost us a trip to the SB.

So when I hear these dirtbags advocating late hits on Mahomes, I take it seriously and I hope the Chiefs and the NFL do as well.

**** these guys and their thinly disguised Mahomes hate.
I completely agree about the dirty hits. But what Nate is talking about is legal hits within the rules of the game. Of course, some of those hits would be on the edge of legal, but that's how the game is played. As a player, you take your game as close to the edge as you can, which means sometimes you're going to be wrong and your hit will be outside the framework of the game. That's what Nate is talking about and advocating and I would agree with him. It's how the game has always been played and how it should be played.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 PM 01-25-2020
I completely agree about the dirty hits. But what Nate is talking about is legal hits within the rules of the game. Of course, some of those hits would be on the edge of legal, but that's how the game is played. As a player, you take your game as close to the edge as you can, which means sometimes you're going to be wrong and your hit will be outside the framework of the game. That's what Nate is talking about and advocating and I would agree with him. It's how the game has always been played and how it should be played.
Nate is a Chief hater and has picked against them nearly as much as Skip and Prickso. He would love to see Mahomes hurt and the Chiefs lose.
[Reply]
splatbass 02:05 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Nate is a Chief hater and has picked against them nearly as much as Skip and Prickso. He would love to see Mahomes hurt and the Chiefs lose.

This is something I see here but don’t understand. Why give a crap what the media thinks? We will win this on the field, we don’t need to win it on NFLN or ESPN. Let them hate, it doesn’t hurt us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:08 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by splatbass:
This is something I see here but don’t understand. Why give a crap what the media thinks? We will win this on the field, we don’t need to win it on NFLN or ESPN. Let them hate, it doesn’t hurt us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is not that I care what they think- it is the constant barrage of fake news, bullshit SJW and negativity hurled at the Chiefs since training camp. They have been running a smear campaign against the Chiefs and now are advocating hurting Mahomes. Fuck these idiots that hide behind their "journalist" titles while pushing a false narrative against a great football team.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:32 PM 01-25-2020
You douchebags for 20 years: “I hope someone takes out Brady at the knees and injures him!”

You douchebags now: “Oh my gawd I can’t believe people are saying they should try to injure our widdle quarterback!”

****ing hypocrites.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:38 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
You douchebags for 20 years: “I hope someone takes out Brady at the knees and injures him!”

You douchebags now: “Oh my gawd I can’t believe people are saying they should try to injure our widdle quarterback!”

****ing hypocrites.
:-)

You really can't see the difference between a few fans on a message board posting stuff against a hated Cheater like Brady...

and the National media advocating an injury to the best player in the NFL?
[Reply]
wazu 04:44 PM 01-25-2020
Oh, man. I wish these guys would shut up and stop giving the 49ers ideas! The last two years I'm sure no team thought it might be a good idea to hit Mahomes. They've been laying off just to be nice. It surely can't be the fact that he stays a step ahead and just out of reach.
[Reply]
Calcountry 04:55 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So this is going to be the thing now: Celebrate the Niners for knocking Mahomes out of the game. Just win, baby.

Maybe we should just make the NFL like Rollerball — injure and maim everyone on both sides until it’s last man standing.
No time limit no substitutions
[Reply]
Calcountry 04:57 PM 01-25-2020
Then it should become like hockey every time Gretzky gets on the ice Marty McSorley is on there too
[Reply]
DRM08 05:01 PM 01-25-2020
Bring on the hits. Mahomes was a very physical player in college. He can take it, despite the media knuckleheads thinking he is soft.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:27 PM 01-25-2020
I see his point though. It`s a bad time to be a defender because if you hit a QB too hard or along the sideline (even though he is considered a runner) you will most certainly be called for roughing or unsportsmanlike conduct. When PM ran for his TD it appeared defenders began to let up as he approached the sideline before PM turned it upfield. Then again it appeared defenders were scared to hit him at the goal line. Most of us with a bit of grey in our hair know that a QB would not have gotten that TD in the 70s and 80s. He would have woken up in the fifth row of the stands. Having said that, smart QBs are taking full advantage of this hesitation by the defenses and I cant blame them.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up