ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephen A. Smith "Alex Smith would've taken 2019 Chiefs to SB & Trey Wingo's rebutta
Tribal Warfare 10:51 PM 01-23-2020

Yep, Stephen A. went there
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:49 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
24-0 and Alex Smith would still be trying to rack up more hidden TDs.
I was thinking this as it was happening...If Smith was down 24-0...that game would have been over.

Smith was the QB for a Chiefs team that has 2 of the top 5 collapses in post-season history...all in the span of 5-6 years.

So an emphatic "hell no" to the notion he would be in a SB with this team...
[Reply]
Bump 02:30 AM 01-24-2020
Some media talking head says something stupid to get attention in a desperate attempt to boost ratings! Shocking!
[Reply]
Spott 05:26 AM 01-24-2020
Just when you think people can’t get any dumber. I think these media guys just say crap like this for the ratings. Smith is certainly a tool, but it’s hard to believe he could really be this dumb.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:10 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He should go back and watch the 2016 Steelers game.

I keep trying to post that gif of Alex staring at Tyreek running down field wide ****ing open and Alex turtling into a shell and taking the Checkdown, but it won’t load.

Anyways, I was at that game. Multiple plays like that happened. Alex ****ing sucked, we lost, I was pissed.
You should subscribe to The Athletic and then go read "‘But he was open!’ Common traps to avoid when watching and evaluating an NFL football game"
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:11 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Some media talking head says something stupid to get attention in a desperate attempt to boost ratings! Shocking!
This is the guy who once said a team should attempt a field goal on third down in case they missed it, so they could try again on fourth down.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:15 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I managed to watch about 20 seconds of the Stephen Smith video before I had to turn it off. He's just too annoying, and I'll never forget that great piece of "analysis" where he was talking about how the Chiefs would match up against the Chargers with DJ against Henry in coverage in the season after DJ left and Henry was on IR...
Originally Posted by Spott:
Just when you think people can’t get any dumber. I think these media guys just say crap like this for the ratings. Smith is certainly a tool, but it’s hard to believe he could really be this dumb.
It's really not that hard
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:17 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
This is the guy who once said a team should attempt a field goal on third down in case they missed it, so they could try again on fourth down.
Someone please que this footage up. I could use a good laugh
[Reply]
VAChief 06:31 AM 01-24-2020
I could get on board with him leading the the 1995 or 1997 Chief teams the Super Bowl. Good defensive teams have won with middling QB's that limit mistakes. His mobility would have been handy in the "he who should not be named" frigid bowl.

Last year, uh no (and I actually liked the guy when he was here).
[Reply]
493rd 06:33 AM 01-24-2020
He’s a moron who has watched 2 Chiefs games this year. Alex Smith loses that game to the Texans, no doubt in my mind about it.
[Reply]
notorious 06:37 AM 01-24-2020
This is the best their writers can do? We all know the actors play their part of the script.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:43 AM 01-24-2020
So many great story lines, and THIS is what they want to talk about? Alex Smith? Are you fucking kidding me? JFC. There’s a reason I only watch ESPN for games, and very little else. Screamin A is a fucking buffoon. Can’t stand him
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:45 AM 01-24-2020
The check-down bowl?
[Reply]
notorious 06:50 AM 01-24-2020
Alex Smith DID take the 9ers to this Super Bowl......
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:15 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He should go back and watch the 2016 Steelers game.

I keep trying to post that gif of Alex staring at Tyreek running down field wide ****ing open and Alex turtling into a shell and taking the Checkdown, but it won’t load.

Anyways, I was at that game. Multiple plays like that happened. Alex ****ing sucked, we lost, I was pissed.
I'm pretty sure that play is what got Mahomes drafted the following spring.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:20 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I could get on board with him leading the the 1995 or 1997 Chief teams the Super Bowl. Good defensive teams have won with middling QB's that limit mistakes. His mobility would have been handy in the "he who should not be named" frigid bowl.

Last year, uh no (and I actually liked the guy when he was here).
Or, you know, we could've just started Rich Gannon :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up