ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Long Time 49ers Lurker - Chiming in for the First time in a While - SB Let's GO!
DonTellMeShowMe 09:53 PM 01-23-2020
Let me just say, I come in peace...and what a hell of a year we both have had...I have enjoyed lurking around on this forum for damn near a decade. This forum and going to Arrowhead are, although infrequent, favorite pastimes of mine.

My first thread here back in 2010 was about where to stay for a SF v. KC game. This place is by far my favorite to go to each week during the season; the camaraderie with members and history (some of the Hall of Classics have had me dying) are top notch stuff and chalk full of time killing entertainment.

For a bit of background, my brother and I are from California, and grew up in the 80s/90s. He has been a die-hard Chiefs his entire life, me a 49ers fan. Story goes he chose the Chiefs as a kid when Joe was traded to KC, and we had family travel in the area at times, and he decided to ride with them at a pretty young age given everyone else were 49ers fans. Our first Arrowhead trip might have been when he was ~8. Ever since, we have always had a 1A and 1B rooting situation with each other's teams.

We went to the SF v. KC game in the great Mike Singletary and Todd Haley era in 2010; seeing Tony Moeaki's best play of his entire career against a young Navarro Bowman; my only blessing was finding out 49ers OC Jimmy Raye was fired while waiting at the airport on Monday for my flight.

We caught the 49ers and Chiefs again in our neck of the woods here in the Bay in 2014 at Levi's, Smitty's return against Harbs (monitoring the "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck." thread was a favorite of mine; most perplexing "what a nice guy, maybe he can do it, he probably can't" QB of all time).

We returned to Arrowhead in 2017 for the Division playoff game against the Steelers, our flight getting cancelled day of due to the ice storm; we found a way to Omaha to drive in from there arriving at 4am the day of. It's a trip I'll never forget, especially that pit in the gut of our stomachs walking out losing to 6 field goals, and the refs stealing our moment on the Fisher "hold" to tie the game on the 2-pt conversion.

Last -and most recently- we returned to Arrowhead Fall 2018, sat Row 1 endzone, only to see my beloved Niners get boatraced and Jimmy G blow out his knee, a really shitty start to our 2018 season...

I wax poetic on a lot of this, because this "stars aligning" moment is so incredibly rare and unbelievable, and I'd be remised if I didn't post in advance, I just can't believe our teams are in the damn Super Bowl. I have to keep reminding myself of all the shit before: our respective Alex Smith years, Matt Cassel and his inability to put his hat on his head, the year where no one would shut the hell up about "Did you know that no receiver caught a TD for the Chiefs blahaha", Scott Pioli and candy wrappers, both having plane flying banners over our stadiums at points, the 49ers Harbaugh meteoric rise and downfall.

My scope and years of experience is fairly limited, starting around the mid 90s; I never really saw or appreciated the 94-95 49ers season. So relatively speaking, my years for the 49ers have been a struggle minus three great Harbaugh years, and many shared heartbreaks with my brother for the Chiefs. Through the years, lurking on these forums have gotten me through some tough times and many threads including gblowfish's "Ten Things About..." is always a Monday must read for me.

I understand how huge this is for the 49ers but more importantly the Chiefs. It's a rare moment where I'm obviously going to root for my Niners, but I'm going to sit back, relax and truly enjoy that one of us is going to win a damn Championship. I'm really happy for the Chiefs fanbase, can't think of really any others who truly deserve this, and possibly winning one for Andy Reid.

Alright, I'll stop the ski poling and prepare for tree fire and antifreeze chugging.

Good luck ya'll it's gonna be one helluva game.

TL, DR: Two teams left, one is mine the other is yours, wow much SB.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:15 PM 01-23-2020
Hey, I remember you.

It was always refreshing to hear a take from a Niners fan, rather than those peculiar Alex Smith fans that followed him to the Chiefs (I've never seen anything like that).

You should hang around for the next couple of weeks. They're going to be legendary.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 10:16 PM 01-23-2020
Best Team Wins, obviously. You forgot to mention Steve Bono going to the house...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:17 PM 01-23-2020
Gonna get boatraced again?
[Reply]
DonTellMeShowMe 10:18 PM 01-23-2020
Yes, I'm going to enjoy all media focus and breakdowns being centered on our teams, and will be following this forum over the next couple of weeks closely. And there's definitely a lot I did not cover for sure...also going to REALLY enjoy how conflicted Faiders fans are gonna be over this one.
[Reply]
DonTellMeShowMe 10:20 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Gonna get boatraced again?
We'll see...Chiefs D made big strides this season, much better than Grandpa Bob. Don't sleep on our defense, front 4 is dirty, but PMII is the truth. Hoping it will be a much closer and better game than the 2018 one.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:21 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe:
Let me just say, I come in peace...and what a hell of a year we both have had...I have enjoyed lurking around on this forum for damn near a decade. This forum and going to Arrowhead are, although infrequent, favorite pastimes of mine.

My first thread here back in 2010 was about where to stay for a SF v. KC game. This place is by far my favorite to go to each week during the season; the camaraderie with members and history (some of the Hall of Classics have had me dying) are top notch stuff and chalk full of time killing entertainment.

For a bit of background, my brother and I are from California, and grew up in the 80s/90s. He has been a die-hard Chiefs his entire life, me a 49ers fan. Story goes he chose the Chiefs as a kid when Joe was traded to KC, and we had family travel in the area at times, and he decided to ride with them at a pretty young age given everyone else were 49ers fans. Our first Arrowhead trip might have been when he was ~8. Ever since, we have always had a 1A and 1B rooting situation with each other's teams.

We went to the SF v. KC game in the great Mike Singletary and Todd Haley era in 2010; seeing Tony Moeaki's best play of his entire career against a young Navarro Bowman; my only blessing was finding out 49ers OC Jimmy Raye was fired while waiting at the airport on Monday for my flight.

We caught the 49ers and Chiefs again in our neck of the woods here in the Bay in 2014 at Levi's, Smitty's return against Harbs (monitoring the "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck." thread was a favorite of mine; most perplexing "what a nice guy, maybe he can do, he probably can't" QB of all time).

We returned to Arrowhead in 2017 for the Division playoff game against the Steelers, our flight getting cancelled day of due to the ice storm; we found a way to Omaha to drive in from there arriving at 4am the day of. It's a trip I'll never forget, especially that pit in the gut of our stomachs walking out losing to 6 field goals, and the refs stealing our moment on the Fisher "hold" to tie the game on the 2-pt conversion.

Last -and most recently- we returned to Arrowhead Fall 2018, sat Row 1 endzone, only to see my beloved Niners get boatraced and Jimmy G blow out his knee, a really shitty start to our 2018 season...

I wax poetic on a lot of this, because this "stars aligning" moment is so incredibly rare and unbelievable, and I'd be remised if I didn't post in advance, I just can't believe our teams are in the damn Super Bowl. I have to keep reminding myself of all the shit before: our respective Alex Smith years, Matt Cassel and his inability to put his hat on his head, the year where no one would shut the hell up about "Did you know that no received caught a TD for the Chiefs blahaha", Scott Pioli and candy wrappers, both having plane flying banners over our stadiums at points, the 49ers Harbaugh meteoric rise and downfall.

My scope and years of experience is fairly limited, starting around the mid 90s; I never really saw or appreciated the 94-95 49ers season. So relatively speaking, my years for the 49ers have been a struggle minus three great Harbaugh years, and many shared heartbreaks with my brother for the Chiefs. Through the years, lurking on these forums have gotten me through some tough times and many threads including gblowfish's "Ten Things About..." is always a Monday must read for me.

I understand how huge this is for the 49ers but more importantly the Chiefs. It's a rare moment where I'm obviously going to root for my Niners, but I'm going to sit back, relax and truly enjoy that one of us is going to win a damn Championship. I'm really happy for the Chiefs fanbase, can't think of really any others who truly deserve this, and possibly winning one for Andy Reid.

Alright, I'll stop the ski poling and prepare for tree fire and antifreeze chugging.

Good luck ya'll it's gonna be one helluva game.
Hey welcome back!

Now suck my d*ck!
[Reply]
DonTellMeShowMe 10:21 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hey, I remember you.

It was always refreshing to hear a take from a Niners fan, rather than those peculiar Alex Smith fans that following him to the Chiefs (I've never seen anything like that).

You should hang around for the next couple of weeks. They're going to be legendary.
Alexsexuals believe they are called...strange group.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:25 PM 01-23-2020
Cliff notes. OP too much!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:26 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
OP admits all people from SF are pieces of shit and expects the Chiefs to win by 50+ points.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:27 PM 01-23-2020
We'll see...Chiefs D made big strides this season, much better than Grandpa Bob. Don't sleep on our defense, front 4 is dirty, but PMII is the truth. Hoping it will be a much closer and better game than the 2018 one.
You're okay.
[Reply]
DonTellMeShowMe 10:27 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Added a TL, DR for you Hog and others, will save some time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:50 PM 01-23-2020
It's nice to see you post. You seem like a nice guy so I'll feel bad about killing you due to your team affiliation.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:59 PM 01-23-2020
Alexsexuals believe they are called...strange group.
Strange for sure. I can understand people following Montana to his new team, but the Alex thing is pretty weird.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:08 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Strange for sure. I can understand people following Montana to his new team, but the Alex thing is pretty weird.
Nothing weird
It's SF
Shi*y by the bay
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up