ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:33 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He wouldn't make my Hall. The dude was never even really a top 5 QB at any given time.

But he's got the name, the Super Bowls, and the iron man start streak so he'll definitely get in.
Right. He was a lucky David Tyree catch and a bad Brady throw away from being a .500 QB with zero SB wins and, what, 3 or 4 NFL interception-leading seasons?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:43 PM 01-23-2020
I understand that in some of our opinions that he may not belong in the HOF based on this area or that area. There are also opinions that say he does belong in the HOF based on this are and that area.
The biggest thing for me is that there are others that are less deserving overall than Eli. The HOF has already been letting players in that have done less for the NFL than Eli.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:43 PM 01-23-2020
in at some point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:01 PM 01-24-2020
Per tradition, he gave a retirement speech that sounded like a third grader reading an essay about Bangladesh. And he referred to himself in the third person. I'm surprised that his dad didn't read it for him.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:27 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Per tradition, he gave a retirement speech that sounded like a third grader reading an essay about Bangladesh. And he referred to himself in the third person. I'm surprised that his dad didn't read it for him.
He's probably a TRUMP fan and picked up the referring to himself in the third person from Don the Con. They were both in New York together for years.
[Reply]
oldman 10:39 PM 01-24-2020
I'm sure he'll be in, but should he? I'm kind of on the fence with that one. When I think of the top 5 QBs each year over the last 20 years or so, Eli doesn't ever make it. So he falls in the "pretty good" category for me. Yes he was the QB for 2 SB winners and he was MVP for both. I'd point out that Phil Simms, Mark Rypien, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles were also SB MVPs.
On the plus side, he did play well for most of his career.
Bottom line he gets in because of where he played and the 2 SB wins.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:44 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm sure he'll be in, but should he? I'm kind of on the fence with that one. When I think of the top 5 QBs each year over the last 20 years or so, Eli doesn't ever make it. So he falls in the "pretty good" category for me. Yes he was the QB for 2 SB winners and he was MVP for both. I'd point out that Phil Simms, Mark Rypien, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles were also SB MVPs.
On the plus side, he did play well for most of his career.
Bottom line he gets in because of where he played and the 2 SB wins.
Again, it's been an interesting 20 years...

Favre, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Luck... this list has played most of or nearly half of that timeframe.

Dawn of a new era with the passing game a few decades ago. And, aside from Luck - you will see all of those guys in the HOF.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:20 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Eli Manning won two SBs on the luckiest fucking luck anyone has ever had.

Shit, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, and so did Brad Johnson. Should they be in?
We've seen the lucky shit that child molester Brady had happen in order for him to system QB his way into a few titles.

Glass houses and all.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:22 AM 01-25-2020
He's gonna get in. Played forever, got the right name and beat the cheats twice. I'd put him in solely for denying those frauds two more tainted titles.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:24 AM 01-25-2020
What about Matt Ryan? Does he get in? He's been a much better QB than Eli but doesn't have the name or the titles.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:26 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
What about Matt Ryan? Does he get in? He's been a much better QB than Eli but doesn't have the name or the titles.
Needs a ring, and he's not getting one.

Shit, how about Phyllis?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:52 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
So, explain that... would love to hear the argument.

I've already gone on record to say that Eli, Ben, Rivers, Ryan and ultimatlely Stafford if he plays another 3-4 years will get in on stats/longevity alone. But, curious to hear the Ryan is greater than Eli bullet points.
[Reply]
njchiefs 08:56 AM 01-25-2020
Being from NJ, he gets my vote, because if it weren’t for his draft day antics I would have had to watch that cry baby Phillip Rivers on TV every Sunday for the last 15 years.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:19 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He's gonna get in. Played forever, got the right name and beat the cheats twice. I'd put him in solely for denying those frauds two more tainted titles.
Well you are a moron so that does explain why you'd put a QB in HOF for 'beating' the Pats when you consistently screamed when Alex Smith was here how winning is a 'team accomplishment'.

Typical flip flop from Pablo The Duck.

Eli doesn't deserve to get in. He's an average QB who helped win Giants two SBs with some clutch plays. But those Giants teams mainly won due to probably the best dline the NFL has ever seen.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:53 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Shit, how about Phyllis?

In a landslide...if his children grow up to be HOF voters.

If not, Whitney Houston will probably make it in before him.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up