ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:13 PM 01-23-2020
Both SB wins came on the back of those defenses.

Eli has never been considered a top 10 QB while he played.

I'd never vote the guy in. But he's a Manning so he'll get sucked off into the HoF.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:19 PM 01-23-2020
Look, if Tom Brady tripped on a clod of dirt and broke his neck and it prevented the Patriots from going 19-0 then that clod is a lock for the HoF in my book. Eli is that clod.

Beating the cheating Patriots in the SB twice is like Buster Douglas whipping Mike Tyson and then hopping on a bicycle and beating Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:20 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

I'd never vote the guy in. But he's a Manning so he'll get sucked off into the HoF.
Except they weren't. His defense played well. But those were team wins. It wasn't like Tampa or Baltimore who backed into the playoffs. For most games Eli was either really good or really efficient. He wasn't great in playoffs outside those 2 super bowl runs, but for those 2 super bowl runs he was excellent.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 04:20 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He goes in the Hall of Alright, I Guess.
fyp
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:23 PM 01-23-2020
Yes, maybe not 1st ballot but it shouldn't be awhile either
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:25 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Except they weren't. His defense played well. But those were team wins. It wasn't like Tampa or Baltimore who backed into the playoffs. For most games Eli was either really good or really efficient. He wasn't great in playoffs outside those 2 super bowl runs, but for those 2 super bowl runs he was excellent.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

Eli wasn't bad in the playoffs either. Marino was bad in the playoffs - overall losing record.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:55 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't think there is any doubt he will be in the HOF.

Two super bowl wins.
2x Super Bowl MVP
7th in career passing yards and Passing TDs

Plus he's a Manning.
I assume this isn't a completely serious comment, but why do people keep saying it? It's fucking stupid.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:02 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Are there a bunch of Mannings in the HOF that I'm not aware of?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:12 PM 01-23-2020
Eli is going to get in. He's got two SB rings, and two SB MVPs. There's no QB in NFL history that has two SB MVPs that isn't in the HOF.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:20 PM 01-23-2020
The fact he has two Super Bowl wins/MVP’s is his only argument to get into the HOF.

Otherwise he is Joe Flacco.
[Reply]
Bump 06:20 PM 01-23-2020
I voted first ballot but it could be second but I'm not sure what the classes are going to look like when he's eligible. 2 Rings and a long career is going to put him in whether he actually deserves it or not. Stats, long career and multiple rings pretty much guarantees him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:30 PM 01-23-2020
He wouldn't make my Hall. The dude was never even really a top 5 QB at any given time.

But he's got the name, the Super Bowls, and the iron man start streak so he'll definitely get in.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:40 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He wouldn't make my Hall. The dude was never even really a top 5 QB at any given time.

But he's got the name, the Super Bowls, and the iron man start streak so he'll definitely get in.
Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
He is a 2 time SB Champ. He is a 2 time SB MVP. He is #7 all time in the passing yards.
He is one of 5 QBs that have ever won 2 SB and 2 SB MVP.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Get the **** out of here with that shit.
He is a 2 time SB Champ. He is a 2 time SB MVP. He is #7 all time in the passing yards.
And one could easily argue that he was not a top-ten quarterback in the league during his career. His only argument is that his father strong-armed him onto a strong team that carried him to success.

I suspect he'll make it because Archie and Peyton will lobby for him and try to bypass the system as usual, but he doesn't deserve it. His undermining of the NFL draft was bad for the sport.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:52 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
The dude played for 16 years. Tell me which season you'd have considered him a top 5 QB.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up