ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:48 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Jameis Winston has a higher career QB rating than Eli Manning.
Such a weird stat to cherry pick...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:58 AM 01-23-2020
Most HOFers played in a different era. The average QB in the NFL today has a rating of about 90. A few years back in his prime, Eli had a season with a rating of 69.4 in this pass happy era.
Technically... no, realistically, you're not correct. There are 11 times a QB ended the season with a league leading best over 80, none greater than 88.5 (Brady in 2007).

And, those 11 ratings over 80 belong to:
Brady (1), Peyton (3), Brees (3), Rodgers (1), Garrard (1), L Jackson (1), Mahomes (1) ... the 11 greatest QBRs in a season belong to 7 QBs, all of whom have careers that benefited by primarily playing in the last 20 years of the pass-happy NFL.

The highest QBR since 2012 was 2019, Lamar Jackson with 81.10.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ar_by_year.htm
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:00 AM 01-23-2020
If Eli Manning was any good, he would have succeeded in San Diego. Instead, his daddy pulled him from the team to put him onto a stronger team that could carry him.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:01 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If one more person brings up the regular season ima lose it. Championships are ALL that matter.
if true, why is Dan Fouts in the Hall?
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:04 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Technically... no, realistically, you're not correct. There are 11 times a QB ended the season with a league leading best over 80, none greater than 88.5 (Brady in 2007).

And, those 11 ratings over 80 belong to:
Brady (1), Peyton (3), Brees (3), Rodgers (1), Garrard (1), L Jackson (1), Mahomes (1) ... the 11 greatest QBRs in a season belong to 7 QBs, all of whom have careers that benefited by primarily playing in the last 20 years of the pass-happy NFL.

The highest QBR since 2012 was 2019, Lamar Jackson with 81.10.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ar_by_year.htm
I'm talking about the simple official NFL rating where 69.7 is horrendous.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:08 AM 01-23-2020
Unfortunately everyone is judged off of Superbowl wins (a Team stat).

In many cases, this hurts players... but in Eli's case, it's going to help him.

Eli is not the best of the best of his generation, and is not worthy of the HoF imo.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:09 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Championships are ALL that matter.
lol Okay... So lets remove Barry Sanders and Dan Marino and replace them with Trent Dilfer and some shitter RB from a super bowl team?

because Championships, right?

The HoF should be about being the best of the best at an individual level. If players want to celebrate "Championships", they have a Ring and a Trophy to stare at... but not a Bust.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:22 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
lol Okay... So lets remove Barry Sanders and Dan Marino and replace them with Trent Dilfer and some shitter RB from a super bowl team?

The HoF should be about being the best of the best at an individual level. If players want to celebrate "Championships", they have a Ring and a Trophy to stare at... but not a Bust.

Yeah, I would propose that Derrick Thomas is a legitimate a Hall of Famer.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:25 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
All Mannings go into the HOF, whether they deserve it or not.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that every QB who has won multiple SBs is in the HOF, so...
No, Jim Plunkett isn't in and he won two Superbowls.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:26 AM 01-23-2020
I'm talking about the simple official NFL rating where 69.7 is horrendous.
Not sure which number that is... if you go to NFL.com and look at ratings - your number doesn't match.

I believe that 69.7 is Eli's highest QBR per the list I provided.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:27 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

The NFL long ago threw that rule out the window when they started voting in the simply very good, like Floyd Little.

Eli Manning is a borderline case. If it had simply been just the one year where he caught fire and played well in the post season and won a Superbowl, I think he'd have no argument for getting in.

But since he did it twice, and actually played well in other playoff appearances, he's pushed up to that Hall of Very Good that it really is these days.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:30 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Not sure which number that is... if you go to NFL.com and look at ratings - your number doesn't match.

I believe that 69.7 is Eli's highest QBR per the list I provided.
I"m talking about his 2013 season. Of all the qualifying QBs, only Terrelle Pryor and Geno Smith had a lower rating.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:30 AM 01-23-2020
I don't think there is any doubt he will be in the HOF.

Two super bowl wins.
2x Super Bowl MVP
7th in career passing yards and Passing TDs

Plus he's a Manning.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:31 AM 01-23-2020
This isn't even a question. Of course he will be a first ballot HOF'er. New York, 2 time SB MVP and winner, 4 time pro bowler, and New York.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:35 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, Jim Plunkett isn't in and he won two Superbowls.
Eli: 57,023 yards, 366 TDs, 244 INT
Plunkett: 25,882 yards, 164 TDs, 198 INT

Eli>Plunkett
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up