ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:04 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Meh... Eli has two rings (compared to one), about 140 more TDs and 17,000 more yards in 4 more seasons, both appear to be done at this point.

Eli is statistically in the top 7-8 for most of the critical QB markers - Flacco is well below that average.
There's no comparison between Flacco and Manning, that's crazy. Eli Manning would rank alongside the average HOF QB. Flacco is well below any current Hall of Famer and in the neighborhood of people like McNabb, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, etc. who don't belong there.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:15 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
There's no comparison between Flacco and Manning, that's crazy. Eli Manning would rank alongside the average HOF QB. Flacco is well below any current Hall of Famer and in the neighborhood of people like McNabb, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, etc. who don't belong there.
Most HOFers played in a different era. The average QB in the NFL today has a rating of about 90. A few years back in his prime, Eli had a season with a rating of 69.4 in this pass happy era.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 01-23-2020
I wouldn't put Eli in for a myriad of reasons I've spoken about 'round here before. He simply wasn't very good.

That said - he WAS the quarterback of teams that took 2 more SBs away from Belichick and Brady.

So...I mean...we gotta throw him a carrot for that, right? "Thanks for keeping the Patriots from an undefeated season and Brady from having 8 rings. Have this bust in Canton..."

Okay, he can go in.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:28 AM 01-23-2020
His career stats are pretty close to Phillip Rivers. Two rings lends a lot of credibility to his chances of being a 1st ballot HOF'er.

2 SB rings and one of the greatest sack-avoiding-scrambles-turned-incredible-catches that ever happened. And it happened on the greatest stage ever.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:38 AM 01-23-2020
Jameis Winston has a higher career QB rating than Eli Manning.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:42 AM 01-23-2020
Eli Manning was a good not great qb. But make no mistake he was great in 2 super bowl rings. He ran about as an efficient offense as you can ask for. This wasn't Trent dilfer or Rex Grossman backing into a super bowl. Eli was huge in 2 playoff runs. Qb is the easiest position to get in. Not first ballot, but he absolutely deserves a place.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:51 AM 01-23-2020
Two Super Bowl rings puts him at the front of the line for the HOF.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:55 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
All Mannings go into the HOF, whether they deserve it or not.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that every QB who has won multiple SBs is in the HOF, so...
Archie is in the College HOF, the Louisanna HOF and the Saints Wall of Fame- but not in the NFL HOF.

His stats are awful. 125 TD's 173 INT's
[Reply]
tredadda 09:58 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Led his team is a stretch. You know that he was carried by the defense. Biggest crock of shit MVP ever.
Regardless of who led who, he was the QB and will get the credit. How many of Brady’s six rings are due to him and how many because of his defense and Belechick? In spite of that one of the biggest reasons people consider him the GOAT is those rings, deserved or not. Peyton Manning has two rings and both you can say are because of his defense yet he will also be first ballot. There are great players who may never sniff the HOF due to the position they played and then there are others like Eli who might have been more meh than elite who get in because of the position played.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:01 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Jameis Winston has a higher career QB rating than Eli Manning.
imagine comparing Eli Manning to Jameis Winston :-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:15 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
imagine comparing Eli Manning to Jameis Winston :-)
I have no ill-will towards Eli Manning. In fact, he seems to quite the likable guy. I ask you this though: at any point during Eli Manning's career, if someone asked you to name the top 5 QBs in the league, would Eli have made that a single time?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:23 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
He'll get in. I have no doubts about that. And it's all because of the Superbowl wins. Even though he wasn't the reason that they won. It was that defense. Yeah, I know. He was Superbowl MVP. But that was a crock of shit and everyone knows it. He was nothing more than a game manager carried by the defense both times. I couldn't believe that he was actually named MVP.
He wasn't an Alex Smith dink and dunk game manager. He was excellently efficient in those two playoff runs. It's not Brad Johnson or Rex Grossman who were 100% about the defense. The giants won 2 super bowls because of a really well balanced team performance. For those 2 playoff runs Eli was either really good or he was really efficient (almost no turnovers, 50% third down conversions) in most of those games. One of those super bowls with a not so great run game. Granted... Flacco did it once too this way, but unlike Eli, Flacco had a poor resume otherwise. Elis middle part of his career Is at least good enough.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:26 AM 01-23-2020
Where's the "Fuck that crybaby piece of shit" option?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:39 AM 01-23-2020
the hate for Eli clouds your judgment.

First ballot. He beat the GOAT twice - in Brady’s absolute prime. He saved us all from Brady having 8 rings and a perfect season.

If one more person brings up the regular season ima lose it. Championships are ALL that matter.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:43 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I have ill-will towards Eli Manning. In fact, he seems to quite the likable guy. I ask you this though: at any point during Eli Manning's career, if someone asked you to name the top 5 QBs in the league, would Eli have made that a single time?
It's a fair question and a tough one. it's somewhat unique because he did the super bowl thing twice (very rare), he was a major contributor to each (not just a support guy), and he was at least a top 10 qb plenty of times in his career. For the same reasons it'll be hard to not consider big Ben eventually even though I wouldn't call his regular season career HOF.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up