ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Super Bowl LIV - Miami, FL Roll Call Thread
Brooklyn 06:21 PM 01-19-2020
Post up in here if you will be at the Super Bowl on 2/2 in Miami, FL.

I had airline booked and sideline seats in the 300s wrapped up on Monday following the Texans game. Just couldn’t talk about it until it was reality. I’ve come to learn there is no superstition or luck, there is only Mahomes. Eat, wear, do whatever you want because Mahomes is the greatest QB to ever lace ‘end up.

Anyways, as the thread suggests, if you’re going to the game, give a shout. Would be cool to hear the different stuff everyone has planned, where peeps are traveling from, etc. I get on Friday afternoon and fly back to JFK early Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bdj23 05:07 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I'm not rich, and I haven't gotten tickets yet but if I go, and I'm planning to, it will be because I've waited 50 years for it and I think it is worth it. Some people buy motorcycles, or jet skis, or boats for more money than that, it is just a matter of what you want to spend on.
I understand that... but it's a ton of money to come up with in a short amount of time. Are most people just saying f it and throwing it on the credit card? I have my honeymoon coming up in a few months, and we will spend two weeks in Europe for less than the price of 1 ticket.

We were half joking about canceling the trip to Europe and going to the Super Bowl, until we saw ticket prices. Oh well, got to see the AFC championship game live. I'll never forget that.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:08 PM 01-21-2020
I'm not rich, and I haven't gotten tickets yet but if I go, and I'm planning to, it will be because I've waited 50 years for it and I think it is worth it. Some people buy motorcycles, or jet skis, or boats for more money than that, it is just a matter of what you want to spend on.
I'd feel the same way if any of my KC buddies wanted to go. But none of them do so I'm not shelling out $8k to sit by myself.
[Reply]
splatbass 05:28 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'd feel the same way if any of my KC buddies wanted to go. But none of them do so I'm not shelling out $8k to sit by myself.
My fiancee wants to go with me, it was actually her idea.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:11 PM 01-21-2020
When you're buying from tickpick, or any place I suppose, you're picking up the tickets on site in Miami, correct?

I'd trust Stubhub, but a lot of these places are selling tickets they don't actually yet have possession of...they're selling tickets they PLAN ON buying from someone else. Especially if you're not buying an exact seat location but seats in a "zone" you can be pretty sure the reseller doesn't yet have the tickets.

They may not necessarily be out to scam you, but it is not unheard of for people to arrive at the SB to get their tickets from a reseller and they simply don't have them because they ended up not being able to obtain them. You'll probably get your money back, but you won't have tickets.

Just sayin be careful out there...
[Reply]
splatbass 06:47 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
When you're buying from tickpick, or any place I suppose, you're picking up the tickets on site in Miami, correct?

I'd trust Stubhub, but a lot of these places are selling tickets they don't actually yet have possession of...they're selling tickets they PLAN ON buying from someone else. Especially if you're not buying an exact seat location but seats in a "zone" you can be pretty sure the reseller doesn't yet have the tickets.

They may not necessarily be out to scam you, but it is not unheard of for people to arrive at the SB to get their tickets from a reseller and they simply don't have them because they ended up not being able to obtain them. You'll probably get your money back, but you won't have tickets.

That is a good point and absolutely true. The agent I'm buying mine from won't sell them until he has them in his possession, but there are many who will go ahead and sell them before they have them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:47 PM 01-21-2020
BOOM, Coming to Miami, 2 EVENTS, 2 DAYS OF AWESOME look on Eventbrite for tickets, we will sell out! #IAMKCBS #superbowl #arrowheadSouth

Tickets and more details to come tomorrow
Attached: B2F56B4C-B620-4FF3-B1EC-CF4CD9F4D30C.jpg (106.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:57 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm not trying to be judgmental, or a cheap ass or anything, but how does the regular Joe afford to go to this game? I could never afford to pay 6k a ticket to go to the game. Props to those who are, I'm very jealous, but the average NFL fan is priced out.
Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, and it's not my business how others spend their money. But if you're 25 years old and you put that $6,000 in a retirement account at 8 percent annual interest, it'll be $130,000 by the time you're 65. Adjusting for inflation, that'll be about 8 to 10 months of retirement income. So for the average young person, the tradeoff is to work 8 to 10 months longer to go to the game.

And no, I'm not just an old fogey killjoy now. Even at 25 I was an old fogey killjoy.
[Reply]
splatbass 07:00 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, and it's not my business how others spend their money. But if you're 25 years old and you put that $6,000 in a retirement account at 8 percent annual interest, it'll be $130,000 by the time you're 65. Adjusting for inflation, that'll be about 8 to 10 months of retirement income. So for the average young person, the tradeoff is to work 8 to 10 months longer to go to the game.

And no, I'm not just an old fogey killjoy now. Even at 25 I was an old fogey killjoy.
What if you are 58 years old and already have a good nest egg?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:01 PM 01-21-2020
What if you are 58 years old and already have a good nest egg?
Then you're golden.
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:02 PM 01-21-2020
I won't win $5000.00 a week for life until late february:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:52 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:

Tickpick is as known nationally and is legit as stub hub, ticketmaster, etc. They just have less fees. Random ticket brokers are where you could have these very real issues like the SB in Arizona a few years ago. You can also buy the exact row and seat on tickpick or a section buy... they do both.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:57 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
How long ago did Super bowl tickets go on sale, and are they any cheaper if you buy before knowing who is playing?
They can be cheaper before. I jumped the gun last year, and bought and broke even with a Rams friend buying mine. Tickets actually went down a little last year after as the Pats and Rams weren't near the draw as the Chiefs and Saints would have been. NO was driving distance to Atlanta, and KC as well, plus the 50 year layoff. This year I found great ticks on Ebay from a long time ebay seller who had gotten the ticks personally. I got a really good deal for great seats and pulled the trigger. They arrived today overnight. I paid about $5k less than they are selling for on any site today for the pair. This is due to KC and SF playing, if it were the Tits and Pack, I think they would be less. It's also a smaller venue. They say 5-7 days out is when the prices trough, and then head back up. This is what I've gathered after 2 years of tracking prices. Good luck!
[Reply]
Monty 08:33 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-)

We are planning a big shindig on Saturday and tailgate on Sunday, Really stepping it up this time. Same team that did Jacksonville. The Miami chapter is running point and I'm involved in the planning just not going down myself. Lots of city council, police, city reqs to maneuver through. Hopefully, we will be ready to announce tonight.
I'm super interested in the shindig on Saturday. We've punted the Hotel Package as we can get around ourselves for significantly less than with the package.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:53 PM 01-21-2020
BOOM, Coming to Miami, 2 EVENTS, 2 DAYS OF AWESOME look on Eventbrite for tickets, we will sell out! #IAMKCBS #superbowl #arrowheadSouth

Tickets and more details to come tomorrow
Definitely looks like something we could do... What are the times for Sun?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:12 PM 01-21-2020
Arrowhead South is planning a KC BBQ tailgate at our Miami Chapter. Its about 10 minutes from the stadium. Same crew that did the Jacksonville tailgate.
Awesome News!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up