ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 30 of 82
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Fish 03:18 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Mike Tyson, never, at any point, was able to "think" boxing.

Someone like Ali, Holyfield, or even Floyd Patterson would out-think or out move him.

The original Lewis (Joe), and best, was a beast. Lead fists and determination no fighter today could dream of...
Exactly. I don't think Tyson is smart enough to beat Lee. Fighting isn't simply about size.
[Reply]
TheUte 03:20 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Exactly. I don't think Tyson is smart enough to beat Lee. Fighting isn't simply about size.
Sometimes is about the physics though, really damn tough to fight someone who has a 100 LBs of muscle on you.

There are weight classes in the martial arts for a reason.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:23 PM 01-30-2014
Mike Tyson, never, at any point, was able to "think" boxing.

Someone like Ali, Holyfield, or even Floyd Patterson would out-think or out move him.

The original Lewis (Joe), and best, was a beast. Lead fists and determination no fighter today could dream of...
Yep Iron Mike couldnt beat Buster, Evander or Lennox Lewis- but supposedly could take out the greatest Martial Artist of all time and the founder of a complete fighting system with one punch-lol :-)

Lee is considered the GodFather of MMA for a reason-he could easily submit tyson-thats if he didn't knock him out first with a powerful kick.

Its amazing Tyson's hype lives on.
[Reply]
blaise 03:25 PM 01-30-2014
What do Buster Douglas or Evander Holyfield have to do with Bruce Lee?
[Reply]
Fish 03:29 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Sometimes is about the physics though, really damn tough to fight someone who has a 100 LBs of muscle on you.

There are weight classes in the martial arts for a reason.
In most controlled competitive fighting, yes. But Lee's versatility, intelligence, experience, and speed overcome the size difference.
[Reply]
MAYHEM 03:31 PM 01-30-2014
It's about size and power when you fight professionally.

Lee didn't fight professionally so he probably had a few more brain cells that Tyson did.

Bruce Lee had tiny hands. On the off chance he wasn't knocked out in the fist 20 seconds, I don't see Lee being able to even grab a forearm or other extremity to pull off a submission move.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:34 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by MAYHEM:

Lee didn't fight professionally so he probably had a few more brain cells that Tyson did.

Bruce Lee had tiny hands. On the off chance he wasn't knocked out in the fist 20 seconds, I don't see Lee being able to even grab a forearm or other extremity to pull off a submission move.
If it's a boxing match Tyson would win.

If it were a current-rules MMA bout Lee would fucking retard his grandkids...
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:38 PM 01-30-2014

Double wut; Wut Wut?
[Reply]
TheUte 03:41 PM 01-30-2014
In most controlled competitive fighting, yes. But Lee's versatility, intelligence, experience, and speed overcome the size difference.
Yeah, I just don't see it. The 19-20 year old was a just such a beast.

Too bad we will never know.
[Reply]
MAYHEM 03:46 PM 01-30-2014
If it's a boxing match Tyson would win.

If it were a current-rules MMA bout Lee would ****ing retard his grandkids...
Pack on another 40 lbs and grow bigger hands, maybe.

I think Lee would get his ass kicked by the top MMA fighters nowadays especially at bigger weight classes.

I think Tyson in that format would have steam rolled like Chuck Lidell used to.

[Reply]
Fish 03:48 PM 01-30-2014

I think Lee would get his ass kicked by the top MMA fighters nowadays especially at bigger weight classes.

Crack is whack, yo.
[Reply]
MAYHEM 03:49 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Double wut; Wut Wut?
Give Lee a pool stick and some brass knuckles. Then it would be a fair fight.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:50 PM 01-30-2014

Tyson was never an MMA fighter...

You don't understand the sport then.

MMA requires even more training, discipline, and intelligence than boxing...
[Reply]
TheUte 03:53 PM 01-30-2014
https://shootafairone.wordpress.com/...-myth-vs-fact/

Kareem Abdul Jabbar spoke about how Bruce’s size deficit was too much for Bruce Lee to overcome against him, even though Jabbar accepted Lee as the master martial artist; when they toiled around in the gym, Bruce Lee couldn’t do much to the 7’2 student.
[Reply]
FishingRod 03:53 PM 01-30-2014
But who could beat
Attached: betty.jpg (5.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 30 of 82
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up