ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Jet Chip Wasp added to NFL LIVE playbooks today.
Wallcrawler 02:41 PM 02-20-2020
The trademark Superbowl play from 3rd and 15 has been added to Madden 20 in the latest title update.

When selecting playbooks before a game, switch NFL LIVE playbooks on, and select Andy Reids playbook.

Use formation : GUN TREY Y-FLEX WK

Jet Chip Wasp can be found here.

Sadly, this cannot yet be used in custom playbooks, or used without an online connection to the EA servers.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:14 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The trademark Superbowl play from 3rd and 15 has been added to Madden 20 in the latest title update.

When selecting playbooks before a game, switch NFL LIVE playbooks on, and select Andy Reids playbook.

Use formation : GUN TREY Y-FLEX WK

Jet Chip Wasp can be found here.

Sadly, this cannot yet be used in custom playbooks, or used without an online connection to the EA servers.
I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about.
I will bounce it off my sons
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:43 PM 02-20-2020
And everyone will try to run it in real life....and fail

Because Mahomes.
[Reply]
FAX 06:17 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
And everyone will try to run it in real life....and fail

Because Mahomes.
The Chiefs have several plays that would be extremely difficult for other teams to duplicate simply because they lack the specific skill sets necessary to execute or even attempt ... or design.

Wasp is probably one. (Especially if you're requiring your QB to retreat 25 yards in the pocket and throw the ball across the field 60 yards.)

Another that is far more difficult to replicate is the famous 15-yard curl by Tyreek Hill right down the middle of the field. Hill hits that mark so quickly that defenders have absolutely no chance to cover (because they have to protect against a "go") at that depth. Unless, perhaps, the enemy is running a Tampa-2-style zone.

To make things even more difficult, the Chiefs have run this play from a 3-step drop. It's ridiculous play design. 3 steps and fire the ball with accuracy and high velocity 15-yards downfield before Hill even executes the curl. The ball hits him right between the 1 and the 0 just as his curl is completed.

Nobody else can run that play.

Nobody has the speed to reach a 15-yard curl target in the 2-seconds (or less) it takes to drop 3 steps and throw. No other combination of players (that I'm aware of) have the synergy, timing, and trust to even attempt it.

Speed kills. However, speed plus all-universe arm talent kills worse.

FAX
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:57 PM 02-20-2020
On the Chiefs, obviously having Mahomes and Hill is a must. I have not tried the play with any other team.

Running the play, with Hill at 99 speed, you need a solid 3 seconds of pass protection for Hill to make his break to the corner.

You must block your RB, identify the Mike, and make your proper protections before the snap.

Against an inferior d line, its pretty easy to get off, however running wasp on the near side of the field has caused several incompletions due to the route carrying Hill out of bounds on the catch.

So you want to run this on the far hash, and if you know a blitz is coming, or you have an x factor rusher on the other side, consider changing Kelces route to a drag or slant, just so you have a hot read option in the instance someone gets beat like a drum. Generally, id just check out of the play if you know a heavy rush is coming, unless youre in a gotta have it situation.

Running this play with a receiver that is just a regular speed guy, 88-90 or so with another team, im not sure you could have time to get it off. Its a super deep route.

I did score with it the first time I ran it however, in a 3rd year franchise game against the panthers, a 56 yard catch n run on 2nd and 16.
[Reply]
Up