ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let’s talk about LB’s
RunKC 11:58 AM 02-16-2020
After watching the Super Bowl for the umpteenth time, I came away seeing how our LB’s got torched. A lot of the misdirection worked in large part bc Shannahan knew our LB’s were our weakest part of the team when it came to speed.

I think secondary is a partial concern, but if we do much better there with Ward, Fenton, Landlord and Thornhill coming back (I think we keep Dirty Dan too).
But man. Our LB’s need a lot of work.

Is there a possible Darius Leonard or Zach Cunningham in this draft? Surely there’s a few guys in FA, bc damn I think this is our weakest position on the entire team.

Keep in mind that Henry is good, Denver will surely be trying to get Fant more involved and Waller is no joke so a speed backer with coverage ability will come in handy big time.

Who do we have in mind?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 02-16-2020
I think getting one of these guys in the first 2 days is a must:

RD 1: Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, Zack Baun

RD 2: Jordyn Brooks, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Josh Uche

RD 3: Logan Wilson, Troy Dye, Malik Harrison
[Reply]
kccrow 01:23 PM 02-16-2020
I'd add David Woodward (Utah State) and Justin Strnad (Wake Forest) to staylor's list in Rd 4 or 5.

Edit: I like Strnad alot in the same way I do Isaiah Simmons. He's small, but he's ultra-athletic and gets the job done. He's that coverage prototype safety hybrid that's so popular. Woodward makes plays but he's a bit on the slow side for me.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:28 PM 02-16-2020
Sleeper guy might be Mykal Walker (Fresno State) early day 3.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd add David Woodward (Utah State) and Justin Strnad (Wake Forest) to staylor's list in Rd 4 or 5.

Edit: I like Strnad alot in the same way I do Isaiah Simmons. He's small, but he's ultra-athletic and gets the job done. He's that coverage prototype safety hybrid that's so popular. Woodward makes plays but he's a bit on the slow side for me.
Funny that you mention him, because I’m a little late on Strnad but Jeremiah just posted some clips of him today that were very impressive.

Going to have to do some more digging on him now.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:52 PM 02-16-2020
Interesting prospects. I knew about Murray, Brooks and of course the Clemson kid who will go top 10. It’s early but my favorite right now is Jordyn Brooks.

Also, I think we should really explore bringing back Kevin Pierre-Louis. That guy was not made for a 3-4, but he is nice as a 4-3 LB. Dude has legit speed at 4.5 and he’s a nice contributing player. He was making plays when we saw him in Chicago.

He doesn’t have to be a starter, but I’d like to get some like him for depth.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:46 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think getting one of these guys in the first 2 days is a must:

RD 1: Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, Zack Baun

RD 2: Jordyn Brooks, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Josh Uche

RD 3: Logan Wilson, Troy Dye, Malik Harrison

This has the Chiefs taking Murray in the first round.

[Reply]
Dante84 12:19 PM 03-24-2020
This was a fun watch. Insane closing speed.

[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:07 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:

I’ve gone back to watch more LB film and I am super impressed with Strnad. His instincts and 1st step jump out, and he closes fast in coverage.

With news the Chiefs were in on Vigil in free agency, a coverage linebacker has to be a draft priority to get the right personnel for Spags. Strnad had a solid combine, and I bet he goes within the top 100-110 picks. Would be stoked if he was selected by KC.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:52 PM 03-28-2020
Anybody have any thoughts on Davion Taylor LB Colorado Buffalos? If we don't get Murray, Baun, Queen, etc I think he might be worth looking at maybe late on day 2.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:44 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting prospects. I knew about Murray, Brooks and of course the Clemson kid who will go top 10. It’s early but my favorite right now is Jordyn Brooks.

Also, I think we should really explore bringing back Kevin Pierre-Louis. That guy was not made for a 3-4, but he is nice as a 4-3 LB. Dude has legit speed at 4.5 and he’s a nice contributing player. He was making plays when we saw him in Chicago.

He doesn’t have to be a starter, but I’d like to get some like him for depth.
I’d sign KPL after the compensatory pick formula deadline.

Edit: signed with the Skins on the 27th.
[Reply]
Up