ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Ranking Our Needs
Direckshun 12:44 PM 01-25-2021
My armchair assessment.

1. OT

On roster: Lucas Niang, Martinas Rankin, Eric Fisher (injured), Mitchell Schwartz (retiring?)
RFA:
UFA: Mike Remmers
? Prince Tega Wanogho (can't figure out if he's under contract for 2021)

2. DE

On roster: Frank Clark, Mike Danna, Tim Ward
RFA:
UFA: Tanoh Kpassagnon, Alex Okafor, Taco Charlton, Demone Harris
? Austin Edwards

3. WR

On roster: Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman
RFA: Byron Pringle
UFA: Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Dieter
? Maurice Ffrench, Jody Fortson, Tajae Sharpe

4. LB

On roster: Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr., Emmanuel Smith, Dorian O'Daniel
RFA: Ben Niemann, Darius Harris
UFA: Damien Wilson
? Omari Cobb

5. IOL

On roster: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Nick Allegretti, Yasir Durant
RFA: Andrew Wylie
UFA: Austin Reiter, Kelechi Osemele, Stefen Wisniewski, Daniel Kilgore, Bryan Witzmann
? Patrick Omameh

6. CB

On roster: L'Jarius Sneed, Rashad Fenton, Bopete Keyes
RFA: Charvarius Ward, Alex Brown
UFA: Bashaud Breeland, Antonio Hamilton, Deandre Baker
?

7. S

On roster: Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Armani Watts
RFA:
UFA: Daniel Sorensen
? Chris Lammons

8. TE

On roster: Travis Kelce
RFA: Nick Keizer, Deon Yelder
UFA: Ricky Seals-Jones
? Evan Baylis

9. DT

On roster: Chris Jones, Tershawn Wharton, Derrick Nnadi, Khalen Saunders
RFA:
UFA: Mike Pennel
?

10. RB

On roster: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson
RFA: Darrel Williams
UFA: Le'Veon Bell
? Elijah McGuire

11. QB

On roster: Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne
RFA:
UFA: Matt Moore
?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
WR and TE after LB and RB.

:-)
And doesn’t have center on the list.
[Reply]
Toad 12:08 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Andy Reid's stategy to building a team from way back in his Philadelphia days.

Andy Reid told Philadelphia, I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out.

The fact that both Fisher and Schwartz may have already played their last snaps here would tell you where our focus will be, especially since we have all the other wants on that list.
Spot on...
That will be the strategy and focus. Hopefully the OT and/or DE players on the team’s board will fall accordingly in rounds 1-3. WR will be up there as well.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 02:53 PM 01-26-2021
WR and TE after LB and RB.

:-)
We have a Tyreek, a Kelce, and a Mahomes, anything more than that is sick. I'm pretty sure we'll have a new WR next year and there will be lots of talent to choose from. I'd just prefer to adding juice to the run game and run D .
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:28 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I'd just prefer to adding juice to the run game and run D .
Why?

The team revolves around the pass game and the pass D.

LB and RB are overvalued positions in general but even moreso on this team, especially LB. We spend something like 40% of snaps with only 2 LB's on the field in nickel base.

That's not a great way to spend resources.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 05:26 PM 01-26-2021
This team does revolve around the pass but when it's time to run the results are woeful....... As great as our pass offense is you have to protect it with a decent running game. And I like Clyde....I just wish we had another decently talented back to spell him. I like D Will but I think we can do better there. And as far as the LBs.....I'm not exactly John Madden with the football knowledge( I just play a lot) but do we play go with nickel packages for scheme or lack of talent? Out of all the teams in the playoffs this year I think the Browns were the scariest matchup because of how physical their offense was and how light we play on defense
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:29 PM 01-26-2021
This team does revolve around the pass but when it's time to run the results are woeful....... As great as our pass offense is you have to protect it with a decent running game. And I like Clyde....I just wish we had another decently talented back to spell him. I like D Will but I think we can do better there. And as far as the LBs.....I'm not exactly John Madden with the football knowledge( I just play a lot) but do we play go with nickel packages for scheme or lack of talent? Out of all the teams in the playoffs this year I think the Browns were the scariest matchup because of how physical their offense was and how light we play on defense
We play like that for scheme. If they wanted to play more 4-3, they would. They just don't. The like having guys like Sorenson out there in hybrid formations.

And it works. We shut down the Browns.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:30 PM 01-26-2021
As for the running game, continuing to invest in the offensive line will help that and the passing game at the same time, at least theoretically, so it's a better value than taking a RB.

Where we are now, we don't need to draft a RB at all this year. Next year will be a different story with Damien Williams being a likely goner.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:36 PM 01-26-2021
We have a Tyreek, a Kelce, and a Mahomes, anything more than that is sick. I'm pretty sure we'll have a new WR next year and there will be lots of talent to choose from. I'd just prefer to adding juice to the run game and run D .
The Chiefs can never have enough Skill Position weapons.

Teams aren't going to beat the Chiefs on the ground, which should be evident now after watching the Mahomes led Chiefs for the past 3 years.

Investing more in the Linebacking corp, especially when they're almost always in a 5-2 front, is a waste of valuable resources.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:54 PM 01-26-2021
1A: OT
1B: WR
3: DE
4: C
5: TE
6A: S
6B: CB
8: LB
9: DT
10: OG
11: RB
12: QB/K/P

Is how I see it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:02 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
1A: OT
1B: WR
3: DE
4: C
5: TE
6A: S
6B: CB
8: LB
9: DT
10: OG
11: RB
12: QB/K/P

Is how I see it.
Pretty close to how I see it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:09 PM 01-26-2021
I think with the amount of WR talent hitting the open market this year combined with the COVID cap crunch should leave a couple of them having to settle for below market value. Chiefs should easily be able to sign one of them to be another weapon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:10 PM 01-26-2021
We should start a senior bowl thread, but since we haven’t yet, I’ll throw this in here now:

Landon Dickerson’s stock is probably going to skyrocket.

His measureables today were off the charts - 95th percentile and up on all of them, and his sprint speed at C was the 8th best of all linemen. He also has experience at T, is equally effective in pass and run pro, and has leadership skills galore.

He’s the type of C you would create in a lab. Only knock is his injury history.

Honestly, they need T help, but I would be fine with a plan that addresses T in free agency and frees them up to draft Dickerson in the second.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think with the amount of WR talent hitting the open market this year combined with the COVID cap crunch should leave a couple of them having to settle for below market value. Chiefs should easily be able to sign one of them to be another weapon.
That would certainly be a good thing and would give them some more flexibility.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We should start a senior bowl thread, but since we haven’t yet, I’ll throw this in here now:

Landon Dickerson’s stock is probably going to skyrocket.

His measureables today were off the charts - 95th percentile and up on all of them, and his sprint speed at C was the 8th best of all linemen. He also has experience at T, is equally effective in pass and run pro, and has leadership skills galore.

He’s the type of C you would create in a lab. Only knock is his injury history.

Honestly, they need T help, but I would be fine with a plan that addresses T in free agency and frees them up to draft Dickerson in the second.
They're going to need a FA OT regardless, they need more than one.

But they absolutely need a C if they let Reiter walk and I'm guessing his price tag will necessitate it.

A C in the 2nd would be a good pick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:55 PM 01-26-2021
As for the running game, continuing to invest in the offensive line will help that and the passing game at the same time, at least theoretically, so it's a better value than taking a RB.

Where we are now, we don't need to draft a RB at all this year. Next year will be a different story with Damien Williams being a likely goner.
Why would KC draft another RB? We have CEH, who's going to be our RB1 next season, period. Then we have Damien coming back next season, unless he decides he wants to go elsewhere. And we have Darrel and Darwin. Adding yet another RB to the stable seems completely unnecessary? We're not even a running team . . .
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up