Jalen Mayfield, T, Michigan
Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:55 AM 01-29-2021
Sounds like Toney has the dropsies at the Senior Bowl. Anyone know if this was an issue at FL or not?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The Chiefs can recoup the 3.75m if he retires and have 0 dead cap.
From what I've read, they can get the $3.75 back but they still have to account for it in the cap. This is from reading stories about Luck, Kuechly, and others. The cap hit is already there so even if they get the bonus back, it just goes into their cash reserves, it doesn't come out of the cap.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:19 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
From what I've read, they can get the $3.75 back but they still have to account for it in the cap. This is from reading stories about Luck, Kuechly, and others. The cap hit is already there so even if they get the bonus back, it just goes into their cash reserves, it doesn't come out of the cap.
It will count against the cap until the bonus is officially recovered from the player when it will become a cap credit.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 01-30-2021
Updated. Added Cosmi and Radunz. Removed Leatherwood.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 05-02-2021
When I first started this thread in December I had a list of about 15-20 guys.

Just remembered Bolton, Humphrey, and Smith were all on it.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:56 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Updated. Added Cosmi and Radunz. Removed Leatherwood.
The Raiders put him back on the list. LOL
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:57 PM 05-02-2021
When I first started this thread in December I had a list of about 15-20 guys.

Just remembered Bolton, Humphrey, and Smith were all on it.
That makes it so much sweeter. Love it
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM 05-02-2021
I don’t expect them to take a LB in the 1st either, but it’s still possible considering it’s still one of our biggest needs for the future.

Collins or Bolton just might be BPA.

The Chiefs, under Reid, have a history of drafting for future departures the following year. Remember, even CEH wasn’t supposed to be the starter this year. Replacing Hitchens is a lot on the mental side, so it’s possible that they could want to get ahead of it and draft their guy a year early. That way when Hitchens is gone, you have 2 good young LB’s. You could also play Gay and the rookie a lot more in subs so we don’t have to see Niemann on the field anymore and avoid Hitchens in coverage as much as possible.

Again, I agree that it’s unlikely, but it’s absolutely possible.
It was always to easy to see the logic in going LB early again, even if I didn’t think they actually would. This made even more sense as it was pick 58 as opposed to 31.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up