ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2280 of 3903
« First < 1280178021802230227022762277227822792280 228122822283228422902330238027803280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:03 AM 06-01-2020
The Russians aproved a new antiviral for use. It's still in larger trials

Originally Posted by :
Avifavir is Russia’s first Covid-19 drug and has shown high efficacy in treating patients with coronavirus during clinical trials. Avifavir has received a registration certificate from the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Thus, Avifavir has become the first Favipiravir-based drug in the world approved for the treatment of Covid-19,” they said in the statement.

According to data received from an earlier clinical trial of the drug, 65% of the 40 patients tested negative for coronavirus after five days of treatment, which was two times higher than in the standard therapy group, RDIF and ChemRar said last month.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:43 AM 06-01-2020
Stereotype thousands of protestors as thugs :drake bad

Stereotype millions in fear for their livelihoods as wanting haircuts :drake good
[Reply]
cdcox 05:46 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Stereotype thousands of protestors as thugs :drake bad

Stereotype millions in fear for their livelihoods as wanting haircuts :drake good
Most people can practice all four infection control practices I mentioned while they are working.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:59 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I’m still in my house 95% of the time and am isolated most of the remaining 5%. The people protesting have a very legitimate point about inequities in the US. I don’t agree with their violent behavior or their measures to protect public health.
Same and honestly haven't paid much attention to the protests. It will be interesting to see how much Covid spreads with these protests but at least they are wearing masks for the most part. There is no way I would be out there though especially in NY. The virus is still here.

For me personally just like you I don't go out in public unless I have to, wear a mask everywhere in public and probably won't go back into the office much until a vaccine.
[Reply]
notorious 06:17 AM 06-01-2020
England has lost it’s mind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...093127804.html
[Reply]
Spott 07:01 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
England has lost it’s mind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...093127804.html
I wish we could permanently do that to the French.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:28 AM 06-01-2020
I didn't realize Gov Parsons extended our Phase 1 until June 15th.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:30 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Same and honestly haven't paid much attention to the protests. It will be interesting to see how much Covid spreads with these protests but at least they are wearing masks for the most part. There is no way I would be out there though especially in NY. The virus is still here.

For me personally just like you I don't go out in public unless I have to, wear a mask everywhere in public and probably won't go back into the office much until a vaccine.

Masks yes, but the whole social distancing part of it, not so much. I haven't been following the Rona thing much lately, but isn't the distancing part at least as important as a mask? In any event we should know a lot more in about two weeks.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is not over.

People should be wearing masks and distancing themselves. It's sound public health.

There is also a degree of difference in gathering in large groups to demonstrate anger over someone being murdered by a police officer and gathering in large groups to get drunk or bitch about a haircut, but continue with the false equivalency.
I gotta ask....does Covid realize I am rioting and not infect me but if it sees me having a beer in a bar or getting a hair cut then it's game on?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:44 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I gotta ask....does Covid realize I am rioting and not infect me but if it sees me having a beer in a bar or getting a hair cut then it's game on?
People in a pool are evil because they are white red necks. People burning, stealing and destroying shit is all good because their black. - John " Ill put a bag of shit on your porch" Matrix.
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 06-01-2020
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2370OQ

Well, this would be nice.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:03 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
He is correct that the right not to have a anyone kneel on your ****ing throat slightly supersedes anyone’s right to get a haircut, regardless of any COVID measures or non-measures, period.
Sorry, but that makes you a complete hypocrite.

nice "wording" by the way.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:05 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Masks yes, but the whole social distancing part of it, not so much. I haven't been following the Rona thing much lately, but isn't the distancing part at least as important as a mask? In any event we should know a lot more in about two weeks.
I think social distancing is more important, especially if the people wearing masks are screaming, yelling etc ..
I am not a big fan of any protests in general I understand why but They often turn to shit and nothing gets fixed.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:16 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think social distancing is more important, especially if the people wearing masks are screaming, yelling etc ..
I am not a big fan of any protests in general I understand why but They often turn to shit and nothing gets fixed.

Thanks!

The last information I had seen on subject would defiantly back up your statement on distancing, but like I said, it been awhile since I tracked much information on the subject.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:28 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2370OQ

Well, this would be nice.
It seems like we get conflicting info a lot. Brazil is seeing way higher issues for people under 60 than most places. I think I read their numbers under 60 are 6x Italys which mainly had old people dying. Maybe that's just healthcare differences
[Reply]
Page 2280 of 3903
« First < 1280178021802230227022762277227822792280 228122822283228422902330238027803280 > Last »
Up