ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez says "the Chiefs have done plenty of background on" Mahomes.
Pasta Little Brioni 08:21 AM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No question I'd do that, but I'd rather try to get a second back this year by giving up this years first and fourth for next years first and a second this year.

Maybe throw in Allen Bailey as a sweetener.
This isn't Madden :-) THROW IN A GUY TO RAISE THE INTEREST BAR BRUH!!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:05 AM 03-19-2017
This is great news. Terez had us taking Chris Jones is his mock last year.
[Reply]
rico 10:35 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is great news. Terez had us taking Chris Jones is his mock last year.
Really? I'm assuming he had them taking him in the late first?

Guy has always seemed to have a general scoop on what the Chiefs are planning to do...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Really? I'm assuming he had them taking him in the late first?

Guy has always seemed to have a general scoop on what the Chiefs are planning to do...
Yea it was in the 1st. He's the best in terms of having any clue what Dorsey is going to do.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:05 PM 03-19-2017
Yea it was in the 1st. He's the best in terms of having any clue what Dorsey is going to do.
How awesome would it be if Mahommes fell to us at 27, then we could trade up in he second using our comp picks to get watt!!!

#WetDream
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 05:36 PM 03-19-2017
Terez is legitimately one of the best in the business, I think many are taking him for granted. It's going to suck whenever he leaves for bigger things.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:44 AM 03-19-2017
If none of the top QB's are available, I wouldn't be opposed to trading away our first again. And the idea of getting a first rounder for next year sounds pretty good considering the draft class of QBs. I would think that a second this year and next year's first would be a fair trade. Of course that would be subjective, based on who we trade with. Trading with the Pats would not be such a good deal for us. Trading with the Browns or the Rams would be a great trade for us, but too high of a price for the other team. I mean, could you imagine having a top 5 pick in next year's draft? Yeah, the Browns could win the Superbowl and the Pats could go 1-15. But I doubt it. It's more likely that KnowShit would question a Donk move. But, I'm sure that this discussion is moot. I just don't see us trading for a 2018 first round pick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:04 PM 03-19-2017
I've been critical of Mahomes I believe his mechanics are garbage but I'll say this dude has the biggest arm since Favre. If Dorsey drafts him I'll hope on board.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:00 PM 03-19-2017
And if it turns out we DON'T like Mahomes and will just pass totally on a real QB this year, then just wait another year. Don't fuck around with next year and shit you can't control just yet.

Make the trade when you need to. Go full Ricky Williams. But do it when it's smart to do so.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:12 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And if it turns out we DON'T like Mahomes and will just pass totally on a real QB this year, then just wait another year. Don't **** around with next year and shit you can't control just yet.

Make the trade when you need to. Go full Ricky Williams. But do it when it's smart to do so.
It makes me sad that Doug Pederson did this right off the bat as a HC and we won't get rid of Alex.

And it fucking worked beautifully. They got rid of Bradford and got a 1st rd pick this year.

Just once I want us to get one of these guys.
[Reply]
-King- 06:41 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It makes me sad that Doug Pederson did this right off the bat as a HC and we won't get rid of Alex.

And it fucking worked beautifully. They got rid of Bradford and got a 1st rd pick this year.

Just once I want us to get one of these guys.
You think they planned that? It was just pure luck that Bridgewater broke his leg and Vikings were stupid enough to give up a 1st for Bradford.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
O.city 07:04 PM 03-19-2017
That 5th year option is a big deal. If they like someone at 27, take them their. That option is worth more than another oick
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
That 5th year option is a big deal. If they like someone at 27, take them their. That option is worth more than another oick
I'm looking forward to having this conversation with people in 3 years when they point out how pissed off I was over the trade-down that yielded Jones. "THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE HIM IN THE FIRST AND THEY GOT A FREE PICK INSTEAD!!!!"

Free don't exist in the NFL. They traded a year of cost control for a 4th rounder. That's gonna be a big time oops in the very near future.

You absolutely, positively, do not EVER trade out of the 1st unless you're getting at least an additional 2nd in return and don't have to move down more than 10-15 spots for the privilege of doing so. It's a poor decision in the long-run.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:07 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm looking forward to having this conversation with people in 3 years when they point out how pissed off I was over the trade-down that yielded Jones. "THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE HIM IN THE FIRST AND THEY GOT A FREE PICK INSTEAD!!!!"

Free don't exist in the NFL. They traded a year of cost control for a 4th rounder. That's gonna be a big time oops in the very near future.

You absolutely, positively, do not EVER trade out of the 1st unless you're getting at least an additional 2nd in return and don't have to move down more than 10-15 spots for the privilege of doing so. It's a poor decision in the long-run.
Not only did they get Jones they got a starting guard and DJ White who I still think could be good. Totally worth it.
[Reply]
ct 12:25 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Not only did they get Jones they got a starting guard and DJ White who I still think could be good. Totally worth it.
28 1-28 Chiefs/49ers

Traded • 2016 second round pick (#37-Chris Jones) • 2016 fourth round pick (#105-Parker Ehinger) • 2016 sixth round pick (#178-D.J. White) to Chiefs for • 2016 first round pick (#28-Joshua Garnett) • 2016 seventh round pick (#249-Prince Charles Iworah) on 2016-04-28

already looks like a terrific trade. keep the 5th year option, i'll take the extra two potential starters.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up