ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who will start at Left Tackle on Week 1?
Wanya Morris 20 13.25%
Donovan Smith (re-signed) 69 45.70%
Kingsley Suamataia 40 26.49%
Darian Kinnard 0 0%
Lucas Niang 0 0%
Jawaan Taylor 7 4.64%
Chukwuebuka Godrick 1 0.66%
A veteran interior offensive lineman currently on the roster 1 0.66%
One of the new rookie interior linemen (C.J. Hanson or Hunter Nourzad) 0 0%
Some veteran free agent not listed elsewhere 8 5.30%
Some rookie free agent not listed elsewhere 0 0%
Eric Fisher 0 0%
Mike Remmers 1 0.66%
Orlando Brown, Jr. 1 0.66%
Left tackle? Mahomes don't need no stinkin' left tackle 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will be the Week 1 starter at Left Tackle?
The Franchise 10:03 AM 04-29-2024
T - Taylor, Kingsley, Morris
G - Thuney, Smith, Nourzad
C - Creed

Those are your locks.

Caliendo is probably back based on experience. You could include Niang as well. That's 9 right there.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:09 AM 04-29-2024
Wouldn’t David Bakhtiari be an improvement over Donovan smith? I know he’s injured but Donovan smith is often injured also. As long as Bakhtiari is ready the playoffs, we are fine. Let Kingsley or Wanya play in the regular season?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:44 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Wouldn’t David Bakhtiari be an improvement over Donovan smith? I know he’s injured but Donovan smith is often injured also. As long as Bakhtiari is ready the playoffs, we are fine. Let Kingsley or Wanya play in the regular season?
Didn’t Bakhtiari get his leg amputated?
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 04-29-2024
If you ok with inconsistent or bad, just save the money and play the young guys.
[Reply]
srvy 10:28 AM 04-29-2024
What happened to Prince Tega Wanogho? The Nigerian Prince was more mysterious than Lucas Niang.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:40 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
What happened to Prince Tega Wanogho? The Nigerian Prince was more mysterious than Lucas Niang.
Finally got busted for all those emails.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:30 AM 04-29-2024
Week one I don't think you throw Wanya or Kingsley out there unless you have to. Andy traditionally rolls with Veterans early.

Let's roll the dice on Donovan one more time. Seasoned vet who buys us a little time.
[Reply]
493rd 10:31 AM 04-29-2024
Wanya gonna turn some heads in training camp and be running with the 1s!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 AM 04-29-2024
If it is Wanya Morris we failed
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 04-29-2024
Braxton Jones was a 5th round pick who hasn’t been horrible at LT.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Braxton Jones was a 5th round pick who hasn’t been horrible at LT.
The reason I used Bahktiari is because he did that for Aaron Rodgers...the other 2 examples we have here in Dawkins and Jones literally were protecting on awful teams with shitass QBs.

It's a lot easier to make that call when the franchise isn't back there.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:11 PM 04-29-2024
The only FA option for the Chiefs is Smith IMO. He knows the system, he's only 30, and he is exactly what we need, a little stop gap insurance policy. Otherwise, I think the Chiefs are going to roll with Kingsley. They are going to give that kid every opportunity to win the job and I'm all for it.

I also think C.J. Hanson and Hunter Nourzad both make the roster. Allegretti's absence provides space on the roster for both these cats, and frankly, Lucas Niang probably gets cut or traded if Morris or Kingsley look good in camp.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The only FA option for the Chiefs is Smith IMO. He knows the system, he's only 30, and he is exactly what we need, a little stop gap insurance policy. Otherwise, I think the Chiefs are going to roll with Kingsley. They are going to give that kid every opportunity to win the job and I'm all for it.

I also think C.J. Hanson and Hunter Nourzad both make the roster. Allegretti's absence provides space on the roster for both these cats, and frankly, Lucas Niang probably gets cut or traded if Morris or Kingsley look good in camp.
Well yea the Eagles signed Becton which I find annoying.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:36 PM 04-29-2024

I asked Brett Veach about interest in bringing back a Donovan Smith or Mecole Hardman:

His response is to use the OTA period to let the young guys complete. If the Chiefs bring them back, the decision could extend into training camp depending on how young guys perform.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 29, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 04:43 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Why in the fuck would you even ask about Mecole Hardman, Matt? Don't even try to speak that shit into existence. That chapter is over. Let him ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

Just ask about Donovan Smith like a normal fucking human being.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up