ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 151
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:16 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So I rewatched the KU vs UNC Final Four game from 2008 today. I hadn’t seen it in awhile, so it was fun to watch a beat down laid on UNC by the best KU team ever.

A few things stood out to me:
-Aldrich was super active
-Our guards made theirs look like they were running in quicksand
-Hansbrough was easily frustrated and stifled by 4 bigs that were all bigger and much more athletic than him
-And speaking of which, holy shit. Hansbrough got the ultimate star treatment from the refs in that one. UNC could’ve been down 40 in the first half had Hansbrough not gotten several calls to go his way.
-I forgot just how smooth Rush was at everything. The game looked so easy for him that it almost looked like he wasn’t trying.
The fucking that KU took at the hands of the refs was as bad as I’ve ever seen. I used to know the numbers but I think it was like the calls were 6 straight charges that he took. Nobody. Ever. In the history of man fucking kind takes that many charges cleanly. Especially his slow ass.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's basically elevated his defense to peak Withey level now other than doing that. He likes to make them dramatic.
As a guy that’s had more than one shot blocked in his basketball career it can get in a guys head, especially if you put together a good move and the defender is so much better than your best he sends it to the third row. It’s better (usually) to keep it in play but I know why he does it. Especially as horrifying as he is anyway.

Dominating Hansbrough in that game was maybe the most satisfying time I've ever had watching KU basketball.
Best part is when we sent some no-nothing freshman white guy in there and ate his soul. I used to have a picture from above of Aldrich blocking his stupid ass and the look on his face is one of the most gratifying things I’ve ever witnessed.

You can tell he’s thinking “alright Kaun, Arthur and Jackson aren’t around. We need this bucket. Watch this, fool. ...WHAT THE FUCK?” :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I talked some shit on on Self and the state of you guys' program, post the unspeakable outrage a few weeks ago. Self corrected your team, I shouldn't be surprised. He is a good coach when it's all said and done. Yes, he has some real nba talent on the roster front to back where Duke has only Vernon Carey and maybe Cassius Stanley, but self is the reason you guys will win it all this year. K.U. deserves it because you guys are sticking together through some bullshit and buying into the message. I still feel like Duke prepares their players better for whatever comes after Division 1 BB, be it the nba, coaching or pro basketball outside of the U.S. That said, when you guys got a real team and buy in it's way more dominant. The programs have the same ultimate goal, but they go about their business differently. Good luck next month and I'm definitely rooting for you guys unless you face Duke. In which case not even god will be able to help you.
First...:-)Second **** Duke and Self is a "good" coach:-)

Okay, I feel better now.

Just because your team has a HOF coach doesn't mean we don't also have a HOF coach. Duke almost always has more pure talent than KU. Yet, Self consistently gets more out of his players than Duke. We don't need God's help to smack your team around this year in the tournament. Your going to be toast. Go:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:48 AM 02-24-2020
I'm going to the Oklahoma State game tonight at Allen Fieldhouse. Someone help me out on a place to eat that isn't The Wheel. Something a little better than bar food but not 5-star dining.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:55 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm going to the Oklahoma State game tonight at Allen Fieldhouse. Someone help me out on a place to eat that isn't The Wheel. Something a little better than bar food but not 5-star dining.
Burgers: Burger Stand @ Casbah (on Mass St)
Street Tacos: Taco Zone (8th St between Mass and New Hampshire)
Wood-Fire Pizza or Sandwiches, etc: Limestone Pizza (on Mass St)

Also, Free State Brewery rarely serves anything bad + ya know, their beer
[Reply]
Lzen 08:58 AM 02-24-2020
EJ had a lot more raw offensive talent. Agbaji is very stilted when he tries to make offensive moves generally. As long as he guards and hits his open shots while creating spacing for Dotson/Garrett drives and Udoka posts/PnRs, I'm fine with what he's doing though.
Except for the turnovers. He is kind of a bonehead sometimes. A lot of people are bashing him (and he did have a bad game at Baylor) but I think he's gonna be a good player. He just seems to be having a bit of a sophomore slump.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:02 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:

Free State, FTW!!
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Except for the turnovers. He is kind of a bonehead sometimes. A lot of people are bashing him (and he did have a bad game at Baylor) but I think he's gonna be a good player. He just seems to be having a bit of a sophomore slump.
Needs to work on his footwork and dribbling and passing. Pretty much anything on offense where he doesn't have a straight line drive to the hoop or a catch and shoot three. The talent is there, but he seemed to be most worried about improving his shooting in the offseason. There is plenty of time for that. Being more skilled would help him improve alot more.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:17 AM 02-24-2020
I talked some shit on on Self and the state of you guys' program, post the unspeakable outrage a few weeks ago. Self corrected your team, I shouldn't be surprised. He is a good coach when it's all said and done. Yes, he has some real nba talent on the roster front to back where Duke has only Vernon Carey and maybe Cassius Stanley, but self is the reason you guys will win it all this year. K.U. deserves it because you guys are sticking together through some bullshit and buying into the message. I still feel like Duke prepares their players better for whatever comes after Division 1 BB, be it the nba, coaching or pro basketball outside of the U.S. That said, when you guys got a real team and buy in it's way more dominant. The programs have the same ultimate goal, but they go about their business differently. Good luck next month and I'm definitely rooting for you guys unless you face Duke. In which case not even god will be able to help you.
Big Duke/Patriots/Yankees guy I'm guessing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:31 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:

I would also recommend Free State.

715 Restaurant (Mass St) is supposed to be pretty good. I haven’t had it though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:35 AM 02-24-2020
Thanks I guess.

Kansas will annihilate Duke if we’re lucky enough to to draw Duke as our 2-seed. Can’t wait to knock K out in the Elite 8 again.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:18 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would also recommend Free State.

715 Restaurant (Mass St) is supposed to be pretty good. I haven’t had it though.
715 is good, but he said we wasn't looking for anything 5-star. Not that they are necessarily 5-star, but 715 is more like a "date night" spot, rather than a beer and dinner spot before a KU game.

A few other spots to consider (if looking for good beer + food) would be Lawrence Beer Co (warehouse district - 7th and Pennsylvania) OR Fields & Ivy (right off of 23rd st, just past Haskell on the north side of 23rd)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:21 AM 02-24-2020
The Louisville Cardinals will win it all this March! Both Women and Mens!
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:51 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
The Louisville Cardinals will win it all this March! Both Women and Mens!
Yeah. That's not gonna happen.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:23 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Along with Burger Stand (it's where I go every time I'm back in Lawrence), I'd recommend The Mad Greek, Zen Zero, Encore Cafe, Rudy's (if you're in the mood for Pizza) and if you're looking for some Tacos (and drinks after the game), I'd highly recommend Fuzzy's. It's a chain, but I spent a lot choice 2 am nights there in college - good times.

If you're staying tomorrow morning I'd recommend going across the bridge and checking out Levee. Great breakfast food.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:17 PM 02-24-2020
Anyone ever get tix in the general admission section? I found cheap tix and thought I would take my son and daughter. Just don't want to be sitting in a madhouse. I'm too old for that.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 151
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Up