ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 3903
« First < 200250290296297298299300 3013023033043103504008001300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 10:43 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are just going to have it at a rural venue outside of a city limit. Would be difficult to restrict gatherings outside city ordinances.
Yeah, those country bumpkins are so stupid they are going to sacrifice their community for some uppity JO jackasses and their wedding party.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:47 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
It's flu season my friend and Italy's average age is up there and their country was caught with their "collective public health pants down" not prepared for an outbreak that has not been seen. Same for the rest of the world and you can see the difference in preparedness of countries as this thing goes forward.
And are you saying the US will be okay because our "collective public health pants are up"?

If so, (and mods please don't boot me) besides comments from Trump what would give you that idea?

The country's ability to test and even find out where the virus is at is way behind China, Europe, and even places like Vietnam.

Doesn't seem reassuring.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:48 PM 03-15-2020
My bidet arrives tomorrow. Anyone want to buy some toilet paper?
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:53 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Also, Menorah has asked my mom to not “say anything about this, as they don’t want to scare off the public.”

So, ya know, fuck Menorah.
This isn't the first story of suppression of testing, or of information that I've seen posted. That's a good way to create panic as well.

And to be clear, I'm not talking about you posting it, that's good. I'm talking about her employer and whoever issued the gag order.

[Reply]
jd1020 10:54 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
My bidet arrives tomorrow. Anyone want to buy some toilet paper?

[Reply]
muddyjello 10:55 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Educate yourself buddy. This virus is spreading at an exponential rate. It arrived to America much later than Europe and of course China. The virus caused 368 deaths in 24 hours in the country of Italy alone yesterday. Italy is on full blown lockdown. If you dont take drastic measures this thing is going to spread like fricken wildfire and result in hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths in America. The United States will be placed on mandatory national lockdown within 24-48 hours mark my words.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/
You really think we'll be locked down by mid week? Doubt that.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:56 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Id say stray away from Twitter bloggers before your brain turns to jelly. It's probably too late though.
The thing that bothers me about these Twitter posts is I have no idea who the hell most of them are and therefore have no idea how credible their information is. So I disregard nearly all of them.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:59 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Pretty smug attitude.
Reflection would be very good for you.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:00 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The thing that bothers me about these Twitter posts is I have no idea who the hell most of them are and therefore have no idea how credible their information is. So I disregard nearly all of them.
Smart !! A lot of "pot stirring attention whores" out there for sure.:-)
[Reply]
srvy 11:02 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Thats me also.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:07 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
23% of Italians are over 65. For the US it is 15%.

And the Italian health care system has collapsed in the sense they are doing triage to decide which patients to turn their backs on.
whats the % of the elderly in Spain?

Spain's trajectory is worse than Italy's pic.twitter.com/lZZ0o5ncOZ

— Tim Carney (@TPCarney) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 11:14 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
whats the % of the elderly in Spain?

42.7 median age in Spain vs 45.5 in Italy. Pretty old still.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:18 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
In a study of 24 passengers eh?
Well it shows some people are definitely asymptomatic and shedding a lot of the virus - even more than the people who were symptomatic. So testing people with thermometers may not be that helpful.

I read a different study on a small population that showed the same thing. I'll post it when I find it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:22 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Suzzer... I like you. You seem like a good person. But your doom and gloom is growing tiresome.
FFS it's not gloom and doom to try to figure out how this thing is spreading. If we know asymptomatic people are shedding more virus than symptomatic people we can act accordingly and make better policies.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:25 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
FFS it's not gloom and doom to try to figure out how this thing is spreading. If we know asymptomatic people are shedding more virus than symptomatic people we can act accordingly and make better policies.
Oh come on, how hard can it be to find some good news? We're only talking about a worldwide pandemic here.
[Reply]
Page 300 of 3903
« First < 200250290296297298299300 3013023033043103504008001300 > Last »
Up