ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 3903
« First < 96146186192193194195196 1971981992002062462966961196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:53 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Before everyone freaks out let's provide some perspective...

Governor Kelly announced a man in his 70’s from Wyandotte County has died from COVID-19. He did have underlying health issues. Officials said he was in a long-term care facility.
My mom is in her 70s and has underlying health issues.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:55 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
He clearly meant perspective that focuses solely on you and nobody else. Just pete things.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:57 PM 03-12-2020
Right now I'm more concerned about the economy collapsing than the virus. Just think of the billions in lost revenue from all the cancelled sporting events alone, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. How long until public transportation in major cities shuts down?

This shit is scary.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:58 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He clearly meant perspective that focuses solely on you and nobody else. Just pete things.
I'm just trying to make him realize that it's not as simple as "derp Im fine cuz I'm not the olds"

Lots of people have loved ones who can't afford to get sick. And a few people seem hell bent on being the asinine voices of reason who lack any ability to reason.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:00 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There are 40 total deaths in the entire U.S....
100k is speculation, right? So let’s speculate that 3,500 have died in the past few months but the deaths were attributed to maladies that make this virus so dangerous such as asthma, COPD, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

The bottom line is that we just don’t know very much at this point in time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 03-12-2020
Most popular game in the arcade these days
Attached: E712D516-7EEC-4908-8314-03D9B1784559.jpg (54.7 KB) 
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:07 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
100k is speculation, right?
Numbers are mostly speculative at this point thanks to the shitty response.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Right now I'm more concerned about the economy collapsing than the virus. Just think of the billions in lost revenue from all the cancelled sporting events alone, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. How long until public transportation in major cities shuts down?

This shit is scary.
they need to act like this is a health crisis instead of a financial one. The Fed threw $1.5 TRILLION at the problem today and the market didn’t bat an eye.

Fix the health crisis and there’s no reason why the stock market and the economy wouldnt go back to what it was before the Coronavirus.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:14 PM 03-12-2020
She's at an increased risk then.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:15 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
100k is speculation, right? So let’s speculate that 3,500 have died in the past few months but the deaths were attributed to maladies that make this virus so dangerous such as asthma, COPD, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

The bottom line is that we just don’t know very much at this point in time.
Just do the math on what you're saying. If there were 100k people infected in Ohio, that would be somewhere in the range of 40 TIMES WORSE THAN ITALY on a per capita basis. Their entire healthcare system would be in a state of chaos if it were anywhere in the same universe as that.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:18 PM 03-12-2020
I'm just trying to make him realize that it's not as simple as "derp Im fine cuz I'm not the olds"

Lots of people have loved ones who can't afford to get sick. And a few people seem hell bent on being the asinine voices of reason who lack any ability to reason.
I think you are taking what I said completely out of context. The ability to reason is to point out who is dying when someone dies. No one wants anyone to die. But the media is playing their sick game where they thrive on tragedy and a death toll is something they drool over.

So it's important to keep perspective. No one is saying fuck old people. Or I don't care cause I am not old.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:22 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they need to act like this is a health crisis instead of a financial one. The Fed threw $1.5 TRILLION at the problem today and the market didn’t bat an eye.

Fix the health crisis and there’s no reason why the stock market and the economy wouldnt go back to what it was before the Coronavirus.
At a certain point the panic and hysteria start becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Panic breeds market sell offs. Market sell offs breed panic And round and round it goes.

A good part of the media is exploiting this for political reasons. A good part of it is exploiting it for ratings.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:26 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just do the math on what you're saying. If there were 100k people infected in Ohio, that would be somewhere in the range of 40 TIMES WORSE THAN ITALY on a per capita basis. Their entire healthcare system would be in a state of chaos if it were anywhere in the same universe as that.
Italy isn't testing everyone - just sick people. S. Korea is the closest to testing everyone.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:29 PM 03-12-2020
Is it overkill at this point if drastic measures were taken to the level of:

Suspend all air travel
All interstate travel is shut down
Require all non essential businesses to suspend business
Encourage everyone to stay at home
Ban all groupings of a certain amount of people
[Reply]
petegz28 10:30 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Italy isn't testing everyone - just sick people. S. Korea is the closest to testing everyone.
The problem with testing is it's only good for that particular moment in time. I can test negative and 10 minutes later be exposed to someone who has the virus and there you have it.

We need to test but there is a lot of overrated expectations right now about what pre-emptive testing like what SK did really gets you.

Unless you lock everyone up and release them one by one as they test negative then large scale testing is going to be overrated.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 3903
« First < 96146186192193194195196 1971981992002062462966961196 > Last »
Up