ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 84
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:19 PM 08-07-2015
This is one of the best films out there about SETI. Some of it is obvious BS, but some is really hard to dismiss.

Prof. Robert Jacobs is either the best liar I've ever seen, or he's telling the truth about ETs zapping that test warhead out of the air.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:54 PM 08-07-2015
Got the urge to dig into the Phoenix Lights this weekend....probably my favorite UFO story/encounter.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:58 PM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I tried it in my bathroom last night. Nothing happened.
Betcha won't call Candyman.

If you don't post anymore we'll know what happened to you.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:44 PM 08-08-2015
The Black Knight Satellite has peaked my interest. It's pretty crazy to think a satellite that isn't from our planet but tracks our planet hasn't been checked out more thoroughly.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:08 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The Black Knight Satellite has peaked my interest. It's pretty crazy to think a satellite that isn't from our planet but tracks our planet hasn't been checked out more thoroughly.
piqued :-)

I'm sure it has. That doesn't mean we will hear shit about it.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:48 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
This is one of the best films out there about SETI. Some of it is obvious BS, but some is really hard to dismiss.

Prof. Robert Jacobs is either the best liar I've ever seen, or he's telling the truth about ETs zapping that test warhead out of the air.
Almost 100% of that is agenda pushing and the other bit is science struggling to identify a baby monkey.

It's a shame these guy all seem to swerve off to the absurd at the end of theri careers...
[Reply]
Rausch 02:49 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
piqued :-)

I'm sure it has. That doesn't mean we will hear shit about it.
It's probably not from here either...:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:29 PM 08-08-2015

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:03 AM 08-09-2015
bpearthwatch is like the tea party for ufos. Zero science, all end of the world biblical stuff.

As far as planet x goes it's been coming for most of my life. It was going to **** stuff up in the 80's, it was on the way in the 90s, it was definitely going to kill us all in 2000 and it's what the Mayans warned about in 2012.

I'll never understand the obsession folks have with the world ending. Everybody alive in the western world for the turn of a century for the thousand years or so has been certain that the events of their day embodied revelations. And it's somehow good and Christian to root on the end of the world and, at least today, cheer the idea of the death of billions of non-believers. I've always thought it a bit sick myself, but I guess this is moving out of paranormal into dc territory so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, if nibiru really is coming, it's sure taken its time. And you'd think more people would see it - there's plenty of amateur astronomers out there looking to the skies, in whatever hemisphere it's supposedly approaching from. I don't think this is the kind of thing that could practically be hidden by a conspiracy. We're not talking a ufo that pops into existence for short a period of time that would only be visible to a limited number of witnesses, we're talking about a permanent celestial object.

The latest story is that some civilization killer asteroid is going to hit in September and the recent meteors seen in the skies as well as recent earthquakes are a precursor to that.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:20 AM 08-09-2015
I just get a kick out of the YouTube vids - "Planet X on the way and it's REALLY HAPPENING THIS TIME. AGAIN". I've heard one theory that Planet X is on a 3600 year orbit arc with our sun, and while the nine (eight) planets all rotate on one "plane" around the sun, Niribu is like 90 degrees separated from the plane of the other planets in the solar system, so when it shows back up it goes right through the path of our planets or others, potentially fucking everything up. Some say Niribu is responsible for the asteroid belt, that it smashed through a planet there and kept on rolling (at half the size, presumably). Whatever, it sounds too far fetched for me. I'll buy the theory of a planet killing asteroid hitting us before I'll buy the Planet X theory.

And IMO, the world ending theories come straight from some place filled with fear from man. Fear from him not having total control of himself and the environment around him. And nothing would be more ironic than to hear the holy rollers scream I TOLD YOU SO as Niribu gave us the Melancholia treatment.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:36 AM 08-09-2015
I had some guy in actual real life try to tell me that planet X was coming. SMFH.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:53 AM 08-09-2015
Black Knight Satellite, you say?

Sounds a bit farfetched.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:01 PM 08-09-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
bpearthwatch is like the tea party for ufos. Zero science, all end of the world biblical stuff.

As far as planet x goes it's been coming for most of my life. It was going to **** stuff up in the 80's, it was on the way in the 90s, it was definitely going to kill us all in 2000 and it's what the Mayans warned about in 2012.

I'll never understand the obsession folks have with the world ending. Everybody alive in the western world for the turn of a century for the thousand years or so has been certain that the events of their day embodied revelations. And it's somehow good and Christian to root on the end of the world and, at least today, cheer the idea of the death of billions of non-believers. I've always thought it a bit sick myself, but I guess this is moving out of paranormal into dc territory so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, if nibiru really is coming, it's sure taken its time. And you'd think more people would see it - there's plenty of amateur astronomers out there looking to the skies, in whatever hemisphere it's supposedly approaching from. I don't think this is the kind of thing that could practically be hidden by a conspiracy. We're not talking a ufo that pops into existence for short a period of time that would only be visible to a limited number of witnesses, we're talking about a permanent celestial object.

The latest story is that some civilization killer asteroid is going to hit in September and the recent meteors seen in the skies as well as recent earthquakes are a precursor to that.

IIRC, the end of the world signifies the return of Jesus and, basically, the complete eradication of evil and the devil's influence over the world.

People aren't rooting for the death of billions of non-believers so much as they're awaiting the return of their savior and the end of pain, suffering, etc.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 PM 08-09-2015
At least that's what i know about Christian end times. Someone feel free to check me if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
beach tribe 12:10 PM 08-09-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Black Knight Satellite, you say?

Sounds a bit farfetched.
It was launched by Wayne industries in the late 2000's.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 84
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up