ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 84
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Jerm 06:39 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Read a very brief overview of the Finnerty thing in kegs post above, high strangeness... waddya got on it?
I haven't got too deep into it yet but from what I've read and heard through interviews, etc. it def. is weird.

It intrigues me because I do believe Sasquatches were involved....
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:42 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I haven't got too deep into it yet but from what I've read and heard through interviews, etc. it def. is weird.

It intrigues me because I do believe Sasquatches were involved....
What have you read that leads you that way? he said two men were following him.

One common theme that Paulides kept coming back to in Rausch' post was this weird habit of people shedding clothes for no apparent or logical reason at all, even in some of the worst kinds of weather, and this Finnerty guy did the same thing.

Very strange.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:43 PM 02-25-2015
I've ranted about this several times, but this is what really pisses me off about the media.

Straight story about a Chinese rocket booster, they put in x-files music and get in a good laugh at UFO's and conspiracy theorists....who of course would all agree this is a Chinese rocket booster.

(edit: fucking video autoplays, you can see it here)

This is the kind of shit I mean when I talk about how difficult it is for anybody who studies anything paranormal to be taken seriously. Just constant mockery in the mainstream.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:50 PM 02-25-2015
What have you read that leads you that way? he said two men were following him.

One common theme that Paulides kept coming back to in Rausch' post was this weird habit of people shedding clothes for no apparent or logical reason at all, even in some of the worst kinds of weather, and this Finnerty guy did the same thing.

Very strange.
Well in a lot of the mainstream media reports it claims he said two men were following him...Paulides himself, and I've seen this elsewhere, say that he was being followed and there were "two of them".

A nearby resident even claimed he had spooked some Squatches and they were tracking him....his cell phone pings were very weird and very erratic, all over the place in very short amounts of time...something had to have been moving very quickly with him and his phone or just his phone for that to occur.

He also apparently died of exposure and hypothermia, which again is odd...he basically stayed in the woods until he died. Now what could've scared him to the point where he basically just gave up and stayed there. I believe he spooked them or impeded on their territory, they started tracking him, waited him out until the night and just flanked and surrounded him until he died...they will do that at night.

I mean I could totally be off base but a lot of things are eerily similar to things that have happened to people that have encountered Sasquatches.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:51 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've ranted about this several times, but this is what really pisses me off about the media.

Straight story about a Chinese rocket booster, they put in x-files music and get in a good laugh at UFO's and conspiracy theorists....who of course would all agree this is a Chinese rocket booster.

(edit: fucking video autoplays, you can see it here)

This is the kind of shit I mean when I talk about how difficult it is for anybody who studies anything paranormal to be taken seriously. Just constant mockery in the mainstream.
Yeah it sucks, being a paranormal investigator and an avid Sasquatch and extraterrestrial believer is even tougher...people really think you're kooky lol.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:52 PM 02-25-2015
Oh oh, the former football player. Where did I just hear a long interview about that?
[Reply]
Jerm 06:54 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Oh oh, the former football player. Where did I just hear a long interview about that?
Yup....Fox Sports even ran a story about him and his disappearance, dug that up on YT the other night.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:54 PM 02-25-2015
"Behind the scenes, high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about ufo's. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that the unknown flying objects are nonsense." - Roscoe Hillenkoetter, former head of the CIA.

That is whats behind the constant sneering of the msm in regards to the subject, even when it isnt necessary such as this chinese rocket instance... the media is strongly encouraged to make light of anything to do with the subject.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:09 PM 02-25-2015
"Behind the scenes, high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about ufo's. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that the unknown flying objects are nonsense." - Roscoe Hillenkoetter, former head of the CIA.

That is whats behind the constant sneering of the msm in regards to the subject, even when it isnt necessary such as this chinese rocket instance... the media is strongly encouraged to make light of anything to do with the subject.
The irony of that is that UFOs were taken much more seriously in the mainstream during his day as CIA head. Blue Book used to run radio clips talking about cases back when it started in the 50s.

The mainstream media now is the CIA. We've almost reached a point where they're literally embedded in newsrooms. And news presentation now has become the CIA (or NSA) sending out the stories they want covered, the talking heads talking about those select stories for a few days, and no follow up. It amazes me how most of the populace seems utterly clueless that it's going on. Actual journalism is all but dead at this point. Public perception in the United States right now is being completely and totally manipulated by the intelligence community.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:35 PM 02-25-2015
Keg, you find that interview yet? Interested as to what it is....
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:40 PM 02-25-2015
I've been looking but can't figure out what it was. I'm pretty sure the case was mentioned in the binall of america podcast I linked, but that's not the podcast I'm thinking of. It was with a well-known UFO researcher and was talking about how there were two witnesses (fishermen in a boat as I recall) who saw a UFO hovering over powerlines and then what looked to be a man in his underwear being brought up into the air toward the UFO. I'll link it if I can ever find it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:06 PM 02-25-2015
I give up. Spent an hour digging through every podcast I listen to and couldn't find anything. It'll show up eventually.

On an entirely different note, if you want to get really disturbed, spend a night googling human mutilation (think cattle mutilation, but people).
[Reply]
Jerm 08:19 PM 02-25-2015
Some of that is supposedly going on at Dulce plus a lot of other dark, terrible shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:19 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Some of that is supposedly going on at Dulce plus a lot of other dark, terrible shit.
It's supposedly going on everywhere, albeit not in large numbers, and is the most hidden, suppressed aspect in basically all of the paranormal.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:34 PM 02-26-2015
After doing some reading on Collen Finnerty, I'm not so sure that its has anything to do with the paranormal. What I've been seeing says he was found to have a degenerative brain disease, possibly brought on by football, and that he'd had another fit of paranoia once in Detroit where he thought people were following him.

I'd really like to see what Paulides came up with that led him in the paranormal direction. While my mind remains open, sometimes things like this just happen to people.

But even though thats the case, I dont think it kills Paulides research, I'm sure there are certainly stories he's collected that make far less sense.

One thing I will say about the national park angle, is that I'm pretty sure that people get a false sense of security in those places... "I'm in a national park, people all over the place and so I can just go do whatever" if you know what I mean... they're on vacation and let their guard down, forgetting that mountainous woods are still dangerous even just 20 feet off the road.

I dont say that to poo-poo Paulides or the clusters of disappearances in very unusual circumstances either, just throwing out a little bit of "the woods can be dangerous" reality.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 84
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up