ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 80
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:33 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Really it came as a surprise a Georgia beatdown? Coach Drink has done great in his first year. Now if he can turn around recruiting and start getting some blue-chippers regularly out of the deep south we will be ok. If we don't then I see Drink being open to job offers and moving on.
You can bet he is flexible.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:33 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is what happens when a team that recruits in the top 10 every year, with an emphasis on the OL and DL, runs into a team that has recruited very poorly on the lines and been devastated by injuries.

UGA’s offensive line has NFL players at every spot (and has most years under Smart. If you’re not good enough to get drafted, you aren’t good enough to start).

Missouri doesn’t have a single future pro in its front four right now. Maybe Byers makes a practice squad or something.

Scheme and tricks can keep you close for a 1/2...
There was a stretch in the game, from Bazelak's injury to the second TD, where the D played with a nastiness and attitude I've seldom seen. After Georgia scored at the end of the half, the team lost all its fight. I don't disagree about Mizzou being outclassed up front, but aside from the spark in the second quarter, that also looked like a mail in performance.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:03 AM 12-13-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:03 AM 12-13-2020

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:15 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There was a stretch in the game, from Bazelak's injury to the second TD, where the D played with a nastiness and attitude I've seldom seen. After Georgia scored at the end of the half, the team lost all its fight. I don't disagree about Mizzou being outclassed up front, but aside from the spark in the second quarter, that also looked like a mail in performance.

The emotion ramped up and Walters made a good switch in playcalling, amping up the run blitz. Just didn’t have the horses to make that work long-term, IMO.

I mean, when you’re running up against one of the 5 best OL in college football and your #3 DT is a true freshman who was recruited as an OL... not set up for success defending interior runs.

It also wears on the LB and S to have to continually fight IOL on the second level to stop ball carriers.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:08 AM 12-13-2020
Overmatched tip to tail I agree. Makes me like Drink more he’s getting all you can out if this group. Miss St is winnable 6-4 or 5-5 is remarkable given the over under for wins was IIRC 2-3ish.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:57 AM 12-14-2020
Bowl Projections by different sources.

Jerry Palm:

Outback Bowlvs. Northwestern

ESPN:

Outback Bowl vs. Iowa

247 Sports:

Outback Bowl vs. Iowa

Athlon Sports:

Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern

Sporting News:

Gator Bowl vs. Miami

Looks like the overall thinking is Outback Bowl for Mizzou. :-)
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:36 PM 12-16-2020
Mizzou’s class is currently ranked #20 by Rivals. That’s as good as Pinkel did (I think) and much better than Odom’s classes in the upper 40’s. Got several 4* from ESL and some highly rated kids from Indianapolis. Drink has the program moving in the right direction.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:51 AM 12-17-2020
He does.

There is a boatload of in-state talent in 2022. If he can build another top 20 class on the back of that, Mizzou will be in really great shape.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:55 AM 12-17-2020
I was going to ask how signing day went, I seen a few East StL kids and a few Florida kids signed. No idea how good any of them are.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:02 AM 12-17-2020
Thank God we didn't go with some of the other coaching candidates floated out there. Can't wait to see what Drink can do with a team not permeated by Odom's stench.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:30 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
I was going to ask how signing day went, I seen a few East StL kids and a few Florida kids signed. No idea how good any of them are.

They got a really dynamic QB and WR from EStL. Tyler Macon was an Elite 11 QB, is a big-time winner at HS, and has the ability to make plays with his arm or his legs. Nice arm, too.

Tyler Lovett is a WR they flipped from Arizona State last week. He’s very fast and shifty.

There is a lot of premium talent coming up in that program, too, for 2022 and 2023. Will be a fight, but this is a strong start.

Also, having an out-of-state school treat Lovett like they did (Arizona State started slow-playing him) won’t be forgotten around there, either.

Oklahoma and Ohio State are the new thorns in the side in St. Louis. For a long time, that was Nebraska. There are a few big-time 2022 recruits (Luther Burden and a DE whose name escapes me at the moment) who are either committed to or leaning to OU.

They’ve made up ground with Burden and have a good shot to flip him. Sounds like the DE is announcing soon and likely for Ou.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:21 AM 12-17-2020
I question some of the stars and recruits sometimes. Illinois signed this tackle that moved down here to the Lake from DeSmet in St. Louis. Rated #1 OL in the state. Got 2nd team all conference. Pinkels step son was also on the line. Got 1st team all conference.
[Reply]
jjuliajul11 09:24 AM 12-17-2020
There is a boatload of in-state talent in 2022. If he can build another top 20 class on the back of that, Mizzou will be in really great shape
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:33 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They got a really dynamic QB and WR from EStL. Tyler Macon was an Elite 11 QB, is a big-time winner at HS, and has the ability to make plays with his arm or his legs. Nice arm, too.

Tyler Lovett is a WR they flipped from Arizona State last week. He’s very fast and shifty.

There is a lot of premium talent coming up in that program, too, for 2022 and 2023. Will be a fight, but this is a strong start.

Also, having an out-of-state school treat Lovett like they did (Arizona State started slow-playing him) won’t be forgotten around there, either.

Oklahoma and Ohio State are the new thorns in the side in St. Louis. For a long time, that was Nebraska. There are a few big-time 2022 recruits (Luther Burden and a DE whose name escapes me at the moment) who are either committed to or leaning to OU.

They’ve made up ground with Burden and have a good shot to flip him. Sounds like the DE is announcing soon and likely for Ou.
OU and OSU have been the biggest problems in St. Louis for about 10 years now. Nebraska's reach since the Daniel years was into KC, but as Pinkel left, Odom largely disregarded that portion of the state. That was the area where I always felt Andy Hill helped (before he was way over the hill the last few years).

To the other poster, this is better than any Odom class, and one can easily make an argument that it's the best class since 2010.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 80
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up