ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:30 AM 03-03-2020
RIP, FMB
[Reply]
Al Czervik 12:16 PM 03-03-2020
Very Sad news....
Quality dude....

RIP FMB
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:59 PM 03-03-2020
Excellent. Thanks Luv.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:19 PM 03-03-2020
I always got the feeling in his posting of his high character. I’m very glad to hear that was him in real life. I hope his wife has a good support system.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:32 PM 03-03-2020
I know I have him friended on FB, but can't think of his real name for the life of me. At one time, he lived in the same small town as me, in fact within a mile of each other. I never did get the chance to meet up with him before he moved away.
[Reply]
luv 01:38 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I know I have him friended on FB, but can't think of his real name for the life of me. At one time, he lived in the same small town as me, in fact within a mile of each other. I never did get the chance to meet up with him before he moved away.
Check your rep. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:42 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Check your rep. :-)
Thanks, but I guess I didn't have him in my list.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:11 PM 03-03-2020
I guess there's no harm in that. It was "signed" but I left that part off.
Awesome. Thank you for sharing..
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:21 PM 03-03-2020
I guess there's no harm in that. It was "signed" but I left that part off.
Thanks for sharing luv. RIP FMB, you will be missed.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:45 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.
Ummmm...that doesn't agree with what I have been told. I will defer to any scholarly medical personnel on here but what I have been told the above is not always true.

I eat well.....no sugar, no sodas and stay away from foods that are not good for me. Drink decaf unsweetened tea and water....mostly eat chicken and seafood...alot of green veggies....follow my Dr's orders religiously and check my blood sugar 2 times a day.

Was told that even with all the above there is no reversing my Type 2 Diabetes
[Reply]
luv 04:52 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Ummmm...that doesn't agree with what I have been told. I will defer to any scholarly medical personnel on here but what I have been told the above is not always true.

I eat well.....no sugar, no sodas and stay away from foods that are not good for me. Drink decaf unsweetened tea and water....mostly eat chicken and seafood...alot of green veggies....follow my Dr's orders religiously and check my blood sugar 2 times a day.

I'm thinking maybe he meant to say managed instead of reversed. My mom is type 2, and she does not follow a correct diet. She has to take insulin and complains because she's apparently insulin resistant. I keep telling her that, if she would just follow doctor's orders, she wouldn't need insulin.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:57 PM 03-03-2020
I read this when it posted....had to take a day to think about it because of the illness that took him.

When I first was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and posted about it and my ancillary health issues he sent a private message that helped me realize that it wasn't doom and gloom. He talked about his issues and how he still managed to enjoy life in his own way....just altered to live within his capacity.

We weren't close by any means, but this still hits hard and reminds me of my own mortality.

Rest in Peace FMB....go to your eternal reward knowing you helped others with all your positives.

And will say a prayer for Mrs. FMB for strength....and remember to send a local donation to the Diabetes Foundation.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:01 PM 03-03-2020
I'm thinking maybe he meant to say managed instead of reversed. My mom is type 2, and she does not follow a correct diet. She has to take insulin and complains because she's apparently insulin resistant. I keep telling her that, if she would just follow doctor's orders, she wouldn't need insulin.
One of the biggest frustrations my Dr will talk about is his frustration with his patients who are Type 2 and don't follow their prescribed diets. It just shortens their time even more.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

In these cases, it sounds like it's genetic, in which Type II will eventually become Type I.

I have a friend who's father died from diabetes Type I in his early 60's. My friend has been on Metformin for years on end as a Type II diabetic but he's closing in on Type I, despite diet and exercise. It will happen eventually, if not soon, as his AIC is 7.4.

Those with Adult Onset/Type II diabetes can generally be reversed with weight loss, diet and exercise but if there's a family history of Diabetes Type I, the Type II could very likely become Type I as the person ages.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:08 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In these cases, it sounds like it's genetic, in which Type II will eventually become Type I.

I have a friend who's father died from diabetes Type I in his early 60's. My friend has been on Metformin for years on end as a Type II diabetic but he's closing in on Type I, despite diet and exercise. It will happen eventually, if not soon, as his AIC is 7.4.

Those with Adult Onset/Type II diabetes can generally be reversed with weight loss, diet and exercise but if there's a family history of Diabetes Type I, the Type II could very likely become Type I as the person ages.
Not in my case....my mom was Type 2 late onset into her 60's when it started. And she is the only person in my family both on my paternal and maternal side.

My Dr has never said anything about this becoming Type 1

Not saying you aren't right Dane...just never been something that has been imparted to me.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up