ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 461 of 791
« First < 361411451457458459460461 462463464465471511561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t think Ramsey will take less than $20M per.
I'm sure he will.

"The Trade" doesn't have to be Ramsey, but at least impact-caliber.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm sure that's part of it.

That's why the Ford trade sucked. We need the compensation to be picks THIS year. A pick NEXT year is fall less enticing to a team that's looking to trade a rookie contract player.
I know Houston’s cap number is high, but if the draft pick for Ford is ne t year, why not keep Houston for another season? You can then cut him for relatively nothing next year.

Now there’s talk about trading up to get the edge player from Texas when we desperately need a good linebacker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:11 PM 03-13-2019
I agree with you on Ward, and i also agree that we can see a pick used on a DB. But fuck man, look at that front 7. It's brutally bad.

I believe the Chiefs will invest heavily in the front 7 during the draft, and likely look to land a blue chip DE to play opposite Speaks.

We needed Ford's trade compensation to consist of 2nd/3rd round picks THIS year. Then we could flip a combination of picks to score a corner, and still have draft ammo to get a blue chip DE.

Now we have to choose one or the other.
I agree - I said I see a MORE pressing concern on our defensive line than at CB.

The DL is dogshit. The entire box is trash at this point. Because...well, you know...
[Reply]
RunKC 12:12 PM 03-13-2019
I’m officially more worried about the Raiders than the Broncos. Heh
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:12 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The pick we got for Ford has to be packaged with a pick this year for any team to get value from losing that player. Veach messed up there because as it sits, we have nothing to show for trading Ford this year except for what we saved by not franchising him.
Right.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t think Ramsey will take less than $20M per.
Well the good news is that if a player costs money to retain, you evidently only need to surrender a 2nd round pick the following season to acquire him, even if he's coming off an elite season. And frankly the Jags and their fans would be idiots to not be elated at that return.

So everything's coming up Veach, right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:15 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I know Houston’s cap number is high, but if the draft pick for Ford is ne t year, why not keep Houston for another season? You can then cut him for relatively nothing next year.

Now there’s talk about trading up to get the edge player from Texas when we desperately need a good linebacker.
I believe that Veach wanted a clean slate to build the D in his vision. That means creating as much cap space as possible and loading up on picks.

The ball is completely in his court now. He has everything he needs to rebuild the D. There's no excuses.

He created the cap space. He has ample picks. He has a defensive roster that needs literally everything. And the imminent releasing of Berry will give him even more room.

He has set himself up. Now he needs to execute.
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well the good news is that if a player costs money to retain, you evidently only need to surrender a 2nd round pick the following season to acquire him, even if he's coming off an elite season. And frankly the Jags and their fans would be idiots to not be elated at that return.

So everything's coming up Veach, right?
I see what you did there.
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 03-13-2019
I believe that Veach wanted a clean slate to build the D in his vision. That means creating as much cap space as possible and loading up on picks.

The ball is completely in his court now. He has everything he needs to rebuild the D. There's no excuses.

He created the cap space. He has ample picks. He has a defensive roster that needs literally everything. And the imminent releasing of Berry will give him even more room.

He has set himself up. Now he needs to execute.
This years first to the Texans for Clowney, resign him.

A 2nd and a fourth to the Jags for Ramsey.

I just fixed the star power on the defense.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 12:19 PM 03-13-2019
I’d be really pissed if I was a Colts fan. They should have been players for Bell.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:19 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

It's just that easy huh....
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:20 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Browns and Rams sure make it look that easy.

And for the Rams it parlayed into a SB appearance.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Pretty much.

The Chiefs have a qb on a rookie deal. Time ot make a move.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:21 PM 03-13-2019

Yeah you really think the Jags are trading Ramsey for a 2nd and a 4th.....?

Ok.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:21 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Clowney is so overrated man. I don’t think paying him is a good idea.
[Reply]
Page 461 of 791
« First < 361411451457458459460461 462463464465471511561 > Last »
Up