ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 290 of 382
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:50 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:
KCUnited is the best Chicago beer resource around!
Ha, you should see the algorithm. Thursday, 1:48 CDT, Hop Butcher should be dropping their new IPA Beef Dipped at the Lincoln Park Binny's within the next 5-10 minutes depending on where they stopped for lunch. That's a 7 minute drive give or take construction.

Heading that way in 3..2..1
[Reply]
scho63 12:59 PM 08-29-2019
I've recently started seeing some beers priced at $10-12-15 and even $20 a bottle!

This craft beer stuff is getting crazy expensive.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:24 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ha, you should see the algorithm. Thursday, 1:48 CDT, Hop Butcher should be dropping their new IPA Beef Dipped at the Lincoln Park Binny's within the next 5-10 minutes depending on where they stopped for lunch. That's a 7 minute drive give or take construction.

Heading that way in 3..2..1
Back before my screensaver kicked on AND got my same parking spot back. Still wet from the canning line.

The game made me this way.

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I've recently started seeing some beers priced at $10-12-15 and even $20 a bottle!

This craft beer stuff is getting crazy expensive.
Cant tell if this is a serious post or not.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:47 PM 08-29-2019
Back before my screensaver kicked on AND got my same parking spot back. Still wet from the canning line.

The game made me this way.

This is why I love trading boxes with ya, buddy!
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:06 PM 08-29-2019
This is why I love trading boxes with ya, buddy!
Heck yeah, man!
[Reply]
scho63 03:13 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Cant tell if this is a serious post or not.
Very serious. A few different 4 packs of Dogfish are pushing $12-13 a bottle. Saw another brand's beer at Total Wine for $18 a bottle :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:46 PM 08-29-2019
Very serious. A few different 4 packs of Dogfish are pushing $12-13 a bottle. Saw another brand's beer at Total Wine for $18 a bottle :-)
This has been going on for 8 -10 years.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:50 PM 08-29-2019
KCUnited is the best Chicago beer resource around!
Can confirm.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:05 PM 08-29-2019
Are you from the 60s? :-)

Seriously though, $12 is nothing these days (granted, I don't spend $40 on a 4 pack very often at all). I'll spend $18 every single time I see something like a 750ml Stone Mikhail on the shelves.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:08 PM 08-29-2019
Beer Temple is amazing, both a bar with an amazing tap list and bottle shop. I live nearby so they're in my regular rotation of stops. Their website is a good resource for what you can expect. Pro-tip if driving, parking lot is tiny but you can street park for free on Elston.

http://craftbeertemple.com/blog/

I could give you a ton of suggestions if you're staying in the city. Right near Beer Temple is the Revolution taproom, their barrel program at a minimum rivals Goose, could be argued it's better. Their website is kept up to date and they sell to-go options as well.

https://revbrew.com/visit/brewery/tap-room-dl

Maplewood is also nearby Beer Temple. Their taproom is small and typically overcrowded with hipsters, but their Cuppa line of pastry stouts would be right up your alley. They have Cuppa 'Nilla pouring right now.

http://www.maplewoodbrew.com/menus

Find a Binny's. Every Binny's is amazing, but if you're in the city, the Lincoln Park Binny's is awe inspiring. They have a full bar and the best selection in the city. Beer Temple being 2nd. It's also directly across the street from the original Goose brewpub which will often have something great pouring.

This is a great and accurate Chicagoland resource. You can't go wrong with anything on this list. It includes city and burbs.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...thread.601977/

If you tell me what dates you'll be here, I can tell you if there's anything special being released or any events that may be worth it to you.
:-)

Thanks, man... if I get shot, I won't even care.

re: the game, I've never completely gotten into it, since there's so much great stuff out there that's readily available. Then I drink something like that Modern Times Devil's Teeth and think.... well, I could drive 12 hours round trip for that. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:42 AM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

Thanks, man... if I get shot, I won't even care.

re: the game, I've never completely gotten into it, since there's so much great stuff out there that's readily available. Then I drink something like that Modern Times Devil's Teeth and think.... well, I could drive 12 hours round trip for that. :-)
I'm a Modern Times fan as well. I'll be at their Dankness Dojo LA location in a week, which will be a first for me. Pretty excited.
[Reply]
scho63 07:40 AM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Are you from the 60s? :-)

Seriously though, $12 is nothing these days (granted, I don't spend $40 on a 4 pack very often at all). I'll spend $18 every single time I see something like a 750ml Stone Mikhail on the shelves.
Well smack my ass and call me Sally because I'm certainly behind the times on the high pricing. :-)

I started buying craft maybe 5-6 years ago and I can't remember seeing such high prices. Maybe what I thought was "craft" was really just boutique small independents. One of the first I had besides Dogfish was Flying Dog as I used to go by their HQ in Frederick MD frequently during my prior job and decided go try them.

I doubt they would be craft anymore with all these super special release beers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 AM 08-30-2019
Well smack my ass and call me Sally because I'm certainly behind the times on the high pricing. :-)

I started buying craft maybe 5-6 years ago and I can't remember seeing such high prices. Maybe what I thought was "craft" was really just boutique small independents. One of the first I had besides Dogfish was Flying Dog as I used to go by their HQ in Frederick MD frequently during my prior job and decided go try them.

I doubt they would be craft anymore with all these super special release beers.
Your taste has probably expanded into more expensive style of beer like the big imperial stouts etc...:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:23 PM 09-27-2019
KCUnited,
Thanks again for the suggestions. We went to Local Option twice the first time through... the food and beer were both top notch, and I'd totally live in that neighborhood. Jackie O's Middle of Nowhere, had to try a Zombie Dust, of course... tried their stout, which was pretty good as well.

Went to the Goose Island nearby, enjoyed a BCS Coffee (2016, IIRC).

On the way back through, went to Mikerphone and sampled practically their entire menu... we ordered Lou's deep dish from there to complete the experience.

Went to the Fulton St Goose Island as well... had the Apple Cart Stout and a few BCS variants, and of course more coffee.

Loved the Lincoln Park area... a little confused as to why Mikerphone is way the hell out by O'Hare, but it was convenient from the airport at least.... sad we couldn't stuff a few in our luggage to bring home.
[Reply]
Page 290 of 382
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Up