ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 48
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
jd1020 11:49 PM 08-08-2014

The 5.5 inch iPhone could be very expensive via full retail.
With a initial retail price of between 999.00 to 1199.00
#iphoneair #iPhone6

— TK Tech News (@tktechnews) August 9, 2014

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:54 AM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
Moto G LTE. Crazy good battery life. I crushed my OG Moto G in a door last month. I got bought three of the LTE version, for me, my Mom, and my MIL. Simply amazing phone for the price ($220 unlocked.)
Mistress in Lay?
[Reply]
Buns 11:20 AM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Mistress in Lay?
Mother in Law
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:24 AM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
Mother in Law
I know. I kid
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Note III is an amazing phone. I have it and I have zero complaint. That said, you might as well wait for the IV unless you want to save money on a III when the IV comes out.
I have a Note 2 and I've been anticipating the Note 4 for what seems like eons. I hear it is being unveiled Sept 3rd or something in Berlin, how long do you think it will be available on Sprint after that?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:35 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have a Note 2 and I've been anticipating the Note 4 for what seems like eons. I hear it is being unveiled Sept 3rd or something in Berlin, how long do you think it will be available on Sprint after that?
Probably pretty quickly. Samsung wants to get it available for sales before the new iPhone announcement and release since they are bumping up the screen size to compete.

Why have you been waiting so long- new Galaxy S has a spring release cycle and the Note in the Fall- typically September, with some carriers delayed til like start of October.

Like I said, Samsung desperately wants as much window to move units prior to the iPhone event, so I'm guessing the announcement to availability this year will be super quick.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:46 PM 08-09-2014
No idea. I won't be in the market for a new phone anytime soon. Maybe Note 5 or something.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 08-09-2014
Probably pretty quickly. Samsung wants to get it available for sales before the new iPhone announcement and release since they are bumping up the screen size to compete.

Why have you been waiting so long- new Galaxy S has a spring release cycle and the Note in the Fall- typically September, with some carriers delayed til like start of October.

Like I said, Samsung desperately wants as much window to move units prior to the iPhone event, so I'm guessing the announcement to availability this year will be super quick.
This iPhone with the big screen is kind of intriguing. I've never used an Apple product outside of my girlfriend's Ipad sometimes. The insanely small screen on the iPhone has always been such a huge drawback, maybe I should wait to test it out. Chances are it still want be a big enough screen for me. Looks to be no bigger than the S4, and when I hold that it seems almost microscopic.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:37 PM 08-09-2014
This iPhone with the big screen is kind of intriguing. I've never used an Apple product outside of my girlfriend's Ipad sometimes. The insanely small screen on the iPhone has always been such a huge drawback, maybe I should wait to test it out. Chances are it still want be a big enough screen for me. Looks to be no bigger than the S4, and when I hold that it seems almost microscopic.
To each his own. I've shown the features and capabilities of the Galaxy phones to both my parents and one of my best friends, all iPhone users, and they all have switched over.

My friend constantly still jokes that I failed him for "not bringing this to his attention sooner", and now gushes over his Note3.

But, different people want different things from their phone. I could never enjoy being locked down and so restricted in how my device is allowed to be used like apple does with their walled garden ecosystem.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 PM 08-09-2014
To each his own. I've shown the features and capabilities of the Galaxy phones to both my parents and one of my best friends, all iPhone users, and they all have switched over.

My friend constantly still jokes that I failed him for "not bringing this to his attention sooner", and now gushes over his Note3.

But, different people want different things from their phone. I could never enjoy being locked down and so restricted in how my device is allowed to be used like apple does with their walled garden ecosystem.
That's kind of where I am. I have a 5S because I didn't want to fuck around with switching. But I think my next one will be a Samsung rig.

I think IOS is a little smoother and more intuitive, but the hardware at half the price is definitely a plus for me.
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:58 AM 08-10-2014
Dont, fuck apple. Im never buying anything apple ever again. lol Once my contract is up in Dec im joining the android army.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:47 AM 08-10-2014
note 4 should come out in october..
[Reply]
jd1020 10:40 AM 08-13-2014
Rumored specs for the Nexus 6:

Originally Posted by :
The Motorola Shamu will not be opting for a Snapdragon 801 chip with Adreno 330 but rather the next big thing from Qualcomm - a Snapdragon 805 chipset with a quad-core Krait 450 processor working at 2,65GHz, 3GB of RAM and the Adreno 420 GPU.

AnTuTu's database has the device under the name Google shamu, which seems to solidify the rumor that this will indeed be the Nexus 6. The device carries a 5.2" QHD (1,440 x 2,560 pixles) display with around 564 ppi for unmatched sharpness.

The camera on the back will be a 13MP unit coupled with a 2.1MP one for the front. Finally the Shamu will be adorned with Android L for good measure - adding even more fuel to the Nexus fire.
http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_6_flau...-news-9327.php

Pretty beastly phone. Not sure how I feel about that resolution, though. I would trade that screen for a 1080p and 64gb of storage any day. It'll be interesting to see the retail price on it. I have a feeling it might not be in line with past Nexus pricing.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 10:54 AM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Rumored specs for the Nexus 6:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_6_flau...-news-9327.php

Pretty beastly phone. Not sure how I feel about that resolution, though. I would trade that screen for a 1080p and 64gb of storage any day. It'll be interesting to see the retail price on it. I have a feeling it might not be in line with past Nexus pricing.
It's a higher resolution than 1080p.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:05 AM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
It's a higher resolution than 1080p.
Thanks for the update.

It's also a battery sucking waste of resources.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 48
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up