ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:20 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

Apparently 200k people have already put down a deposit on one. Granted, it's only $100, and it's fully refundable, so it's a pretty weak gauge of commitment.
Apple fan boy types with more money
Just to reiterate
It ain't a truck
And Musk is bat shit crazy
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:27 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here's the actual page with all the renders.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the camper option... :-)

Yuuuuck.

Don't know how i missed this post. First thing that came to me, Pontiac Aztek:

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:30 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yuuuuck.

I take "it ain't a truck" back
It's a food truck
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:30 PM 11-26-2019
Yuuuuck.

Is your main complaint that it's ugly?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:33 PM 11-26-2019
Yuuuuck.

Put a shitter on That thing and you could feed the homeless and clean up the streets at the same time in SFO
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:35 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Is your main complaint that it's ugly?
Not just ugly, but not functional as a truck.

Like i said earlier, it's an unconventionally designed electric Honda Ridgeline.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:36 PM 11-26-2019
They shoulda marketed as some sort of Truck-SUV hybrid. I think it would be better received as such. But as a Truck? No way.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:38 PM 11-26-2019
Not just ugly, but not functional as a truck.

Like i said earlier, it's an unconventionally designed electric Honda Ridgeline.
This.

And it'll explode/burst into flames if you get into an accident. So it has that going for it as well.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:40 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This.

And it'll explode/burst into flames if you get into an accident. So it has that going for it as well.
There are many legitimate criticisms of this thing. This isn't one of them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:42 PM 11-26-2019
This picture pretty much confirms it: Not functional as an actual truck. Here at the shop we make fun of these short-beds...because, well, you can't actually do much that's work/haul related because the bed is too small.

It's a truck for people who don't actually drive trucks. In short, it's a freakin' Honda Ridgeline.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:43 PM 11-26-2019
Another way to look at it: It's a an SUV with an open cargo area.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:48 PM 11-26-2019
This picture pretty much confirms it: Not functional as an actual truck. Here at the shop we make fun of these short-beds...because, well, you can't actually do much that's work/haul related because the bed is too small.

It's a truck for people who don't actually drive trucks. In short, it's a freakin' Honda Ridgeline.
To be fair, I have to imagine Tesla would be ecstatic if they sold on the level of Ridgelines.

EDIT: Eh, maybe not. Looks like those are only around 30k per year.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 11-26-2019
If that's the case, then they blew it imo. The damn thing still needs to look like a truck, not a Mars rover. It needs to have some sort of appeal to a truck buyer. You can't just say, "ah **** it, Ford guy is gonna buy Ford" and throw your arms up in the air. If you don't think you can compete with them and break into the segment, then why bother in the first place?

How about take a page from Toyota, and build a truck that truck guys want? The new Tundras for example. They weren't in the big truck market until they burst on the scene with their redesign.

Nissan, with the Titan. When that thing first came out you'd see it popping up all over construction sites. That was truck was hot when it was released.

Aggressive styling, comfort, and torque is what you need to pull buyers away from the big 3. It can be done. Nissan and Toyota have demonstrated that.

But that ****ing thing in the OP? It's hard to imagine any working class, truck owning man wanting that.

You say they'll appeal to a different audience, but i can't imagine that thing selling enough to change anyone's mind.
Other than the visuals of the vehicle, I don't know how anyone who owns trucks would not like or see the value in such a automobile...other than just being narrow minded.
[Reply]
srvy 07:05 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Other than the visuals of the vehicle, I don't know how anyone who owns trucks would not like or see the value in such a automobile...other than just being narrow minded.
You have never worked from a truck have you.

Hauling a big screen tv from the entertainment center doesn't count. For people who do its your office tools and equipment while on the road. In my case it also must transport a crew and their gear for out of town work. This Tesla thing is interesting but I wouldnt want to work out of it. My truck needs to be personalised not what a genius thinks works but what I know works. I build my bed box drawers to fit my needs. Id have to see it in person to know if I could configure it to my needs in the field. I have a good relation with our person in charge of fleet vehicles he is agreeable to my needs but Id get laughed out of the office pushing for that thing.
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:12 PM 11-26-2019

That's a pretty big market. Every truck manufacturer makes a truck with a bed that is smaller than the Tesla's.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up