ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 791
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303703 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:27 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
There's truth to both sides, but the thing is is - we don't want to pump out too much for an RB - as A. the answer may already be on the roster w/ Darrel. and B) you can find adequate talent super late in the draft. There's still some questions regarding Carlos. So this time I agree. There always will be ways to make money work though, don't ever let anyone tell you about that cap bullshit, on here - Billay.
Yeah we havent had alot of cap since 2012 since then the most notable cap casualties were Flowers, Hudson and Houston
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:33 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah we havent had alot of cap since 2012 since then the most notable cap casualties were Flowers, Hudson and Houston
I was messing around today - and truly (if we wanted to) we could fairly comfortably sign, Bell (NOT SAYING I WANT TO) - Collins (I WANT TO) and Trey F from NE (not sure if want to) - and still have left over funds. It'd take letting Ford go in a trade w/ picks, letting Houston and Berry go as well. Probably the not that it matters too - such as Sorenson and Ware. we'd have to let them go too. The cap never figures many variables - but these accurate, online tools show just how much flexibility there is - and it's tremendous!
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:55 AM 03-09-2019
Clearly Airwolf re-runs are more important than our Free Agency talk. Take a long, hard look at yourselves in the mirror tomorrow, loosers!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:02 AM 03-09-2019
Clearly Airwolf re-runs are more important than our Free Agency talk. Take a long, hard look at yourselves in the mirror tomorrow, loosers!
I just want those three gone, start fresh with a new coach and get some new blood in
[Reply]
Redbled 02:03 AM 03-09-2019
I was messing around today - and truly (if we wanted to) we could fairly comfortably sign, Bell (NOT SAYING I WANT TO) - Collins (I WANT TO) and Trey F from NE (not sure if want to) - and still have left over funds. It'd take letting Ford go in a trade w/ picks, letting Houston and Berry go as well. Probably the not that it matters too - such as Sorenson and Ware. we'd have to let them go too. The cap never figures many variables - but these accurate, online tools show just how much flexibility there is - and it's tremendous!
What site were you using?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:05 AM 03-09-2019
Collins (I WANT TO)
I must be in the minority in thinking they can fix the Safety position in the draft...and a box safety isn't where you spend your $$. Chiefs were 1 defensive stop away from literally going undefeated..

I would be curious how the new KC defensive coaching staff broke down Sutton's scheme....and how much of that was the real issue last season. Romo was calling out plays in AFCCG before they happened and the Chiefs were out of position.

I also remember when Berry first went down...the defense actually statically improved, 4-5 years ago.

Buy a Corner...draft a Safety(s) in the 2nd or later.

Chiefs dont need the very best at every position...just serviceable.

Chiefs can generate around $28 mil by cutting Houston, Berry and Sorenson loose.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:09 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Buy a Corner...draft a Safety.

Look I'm okay w/ that too. Collins will be fine in 2-deep tho
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:09 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
What site were you using?
overthecap
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:10 AM 03-09-2019
tootle around with it - it'll blow your dick off.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:17 AM 03-09-2019
I must be in the minority in thinking they can fix the Safety position in the draft...and a box safety isn't where you spend your $$. Chiefs were 1 defensive stop away from literally going undefeated..

I would be curious how the new KC defensive coaching staff broke down Sutton's scheme....and how much of that was the real issue last season. Romo was calling out plays in AFCCG before they happened and the Chiefs were out of position.

I also remember when Berry first went down...the defense actually statically improved, 4-5 years ago.

Buy a Corner...draft a Safety(s) in the 2nd or later.

Chiefs can generate around $28 mil by cutting Houston, Berry and Sorenson loose.
That’s exactly the opposite of what we should do. FA safeties are cheap and FA CB’s are expensive and overpaid. Draft CB and sign two safeties...
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:17 AM 03-09-2019
Look I'm okay w/ that too. Collins will be fine in 2-deep tho
Yeah..but not for $12 mil a year. Let some other sucker pay that...

If KC had $100mil in space then, sure, why not...I just dont think the return on the investment will warrant that kind of cash.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:19 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That’s exactly the opposite of what we should do. FA safeties are cheap and FA CB’s are expensive and overpaid. Draft CB and sign two safeties...
Collins will definitely not be cheap...and that was who I was addressing.

I'm fine will landing some cheaper/productive FA safeties.

$12 mil for Collins or spend that for a FA CB...Peterson made $12 million last year (just for reference)
[Reply]
Rausch 02:20 AM 03-09-2019
Yeah..but not for $12 mil a year. Let some other sucker pay that...

If KC had $100mil in space then, sure, why not...I just dont the return on the investment will warrant that kind of cash.
Collins will not get 12 a year.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:24 AM 03-09-2019
there's so many variables this off-season - i feel like either,both instances could work out. Another thing I like about Landon is - he responds well working w/ Steve SpagnuoloCornholio. They've got some tricks that seem to allow him some freedoms and successes. FWIW
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:27 AM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Collins will not get 12 a year.
Maybe not...but that was the rumored asking price.

Chiefs shouldn't tie up too much cash in lesser positions.....How many teams won a SB because of Safety play? Ravens maybe...but they had a lot of other impact players on that defense.
[Reply]
Page 203 of 791
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303703 > Last »
Up