ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio implies that the 49ers should cheap shot Mahomes
Mecca 02:37 PM 01-22-2020

At 7:40, he says 15 yards is worth it and basically says they should take cheap shots if he runs to send a message and knock him out of the game...wow wtf?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:41 PM 01-22-2020
Alot of people are condoning it, lets you realize how little Bountygate actually mattered and how little concussions and potential career threatening injuries matter. But since it's the Super Bowl anything goes, you got the offseason to get surgeries and shit! Right?!
[Reply]
staylor26 04:43 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Florio does really like Mahomes as a general rule.

But dig around a bit - EVERY fanbase thinks Florio hates them. Niners fans are bagging him as much as we do.

The issue isn't really that Florio has a particular animus towards the Chiefs or any specific organization (apart from the Chiefs association with Hill). It's that he a complete prick to ALL organizations who aren't the Patriots.

Like I said, I don't understand why PFT lets him carry their flag. He's a god-awful representative for their brand.
And who do Pats fans hate more than anybody right now? I mean you have fucking Barstool posting about Brittany. They’re obsessed with us and the thought of us taking their spot at the top for the next decade is driving them nuts.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:44 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Did they say to do it outside of the play even if it means getting 15 yards? Saying hit them and hit them illegally are two different things.

And again, stop pretending that we don’t know that he has a clear agenda against the Chiefs. Like I said, he wouldn’t say this about Brady. He ****ing hates us and it’s obvious he’s rooting for that to happen.

So it should be **** Florio for anybody that’s a Chiefs fan but you’d rather be a contrarian pillowbitergot.
He said when he is going out of bounds or starting to slide...He's a fuck... If they do that and injure Mahomes I would tell Frank Clark that Jimmy G is open season for anything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:44 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
He said nothing like that at all though
He literally says to hit him even if he's given himself up going into a slide. You know how much damage that can do when you hit someone going into a slide? That's fucked up.

That fat fuck and the shiny lipped fuck sitting there acting like Mahomes hasn't taken a real hit and will clam up and start second guessing himself the moment he gets hit must have forgotten the Cam Erving days. Mahomes took some big hits earlier in the season because he was hobbled and had a turnstile at LT. He took numerous hits.

Mahomes is one of the toughest players I've ever watched. Hes played through several injuries. He had the ankle injury that seemed to be aggravated every week, dislocated his knee cap and only missed 2 games. He hurt his hand at the beginning of that one game and clearly was in pain after each throw. Fuck Mike Florio and everyone else thinking that Pat cant take a hit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:47 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Florio does really like Mahomes as a general rule.

But dig around a bit - EVERY fanbase thinks Florio hates them. Niners fans are bagging him as much as we do.

The issue isn't really that Florio has a particular animus towards the Chiefs or any specific organization (apart from the Chiefs association with Hill). It's that he a complete prick to ALL organizations who aren't the Patriots.

Like I said, I don't understand why PFT lets him carry their flag. He's a god-awful representative for their brand.
Hes a rosey lipped fuck that probably has his mom's corpse sleep with him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And who do Pats fans hate more than anybody right now? I mean you have fucking Barstool posting about Brittany. They’re obsessed with us and the thought of us taking their spot at the top for the next decade is driving them nuts.
Sure - but again, it's nothing anti-Chief. It's pro-Patriots.

I mean, ultimately we're kinda splitting hairs I guess. It's a cause/effect, Chicken/egg argument. But he often speaks very highly of Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, Clark and several other members of the Chiefs organization.

He isn't someone who dislikes the Chiefs specifically. He just dislikes that the Patriots aren't King Shit anymore and the Chiefs are the reason for it. Combine it with the haughty moral grandstanding he (and every member of the national/local media) did over Hill, and it looks more personal than it is.

Florio's a hack. But he's not a hack that hates the Chiefs. He just loves the Patriots and as such he obsesses over the new boss. And he'll shit on them, the 49ers and anyone else who wins anything important for the next several years until reality sets in that nobody cares about his boys in the northeast anymore.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:48 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Peter King did a good job pushing back on Florio’s narrative about physicality. Mahomes was a very physical player in college. He was not afraid of contact and is still not afraid of contact. Andy Reid has done a good job convincing Patrick to slide and go out of bounds. In college he would lower his shoulder into defenders all the time.

This. Gruden hammered him on it as well on qb camp. Something like, "Hey. Be smart about this now. We need your arm back there throwing passes. We don't need you getting hurt for a couple extra yards."

Mahomes was all super polite "Oh yes sir. Yes sir definitely ill work on it."

This kid isnt small, and he isnt made of glass. This hardcore stud motherfucker was gonna play after a knee dislocation. He honestly expected he was going back in.

I fucking love this guy. Fuck Florio. Stupid faggot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:49 PM 01-22-2020
:-) Why do y'all even bother with -King-
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:50 PM 01-22-2020
I was a little bit surprised that there wasn't an unnecessary roughness call on the hit on Tannehill; I understand that they are a little bit more lenient in the playoffs however Sorenson really smacked him. In the old days, that's what teams did... Take out Namath's knees, helmet in the back of Dawson, etc. That's part of the game; if a player leaves himself open you are allowed to take the shot. What Clowney did in the Philly game was a cheap shot; helmet to helmet driving the QBs head into the ground.

A lot of rules changes have been put in place to help protect the players from what some would consider dangerous blocking techniques (cough cough Broncos cough cough) however if you are going to run and make yourself a runner, then you had better have your head on a swivel and be aware of who is around you...

They aren't playing checkers out there and these are some big, strong and fast men.

Oh yeah, Florio is a moron for saying that. Or is it moran?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:53 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I was a little bit surprised that there wasn't an unnecessary roughness call on the hit on Tannehill; I understand that they are a little bit more lenient in the playoffs however Sorenson really smacked him. In the old days, that's what teams did... Take out Namath's knees, helmet in the back of Dawson, etc. That's part of the game; if a player leaves himself open you are allowed to take the shot. What Clowney did in the Philly game was a cheap shot; helmet to helmet driving the QBs head into the ground.

A lot of rules changes have been put in place to help protect the players from what some would consider dangerous blocking techniques (cough cough Broncos cough cough) however if you are going to run and make yourself a runner, then you had better have your head on a swivel and be aware of who is around you...

They aren't playing checkers out there and these are some big, strong and fast men.

Oh yeah, Florio is a moron for saying that. Or is it moran?
Sorenson's hit on Tannehill was perfectly legal. They couldn't throw a flag for any part of that hit.
[Reply]
notorious 04:54 PM 01-22-2020
It was a form hit. Head up shoulder pads into body.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:54 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sorenson's hit on Tannehill was perfectly legal. They couldn't throw a flag for any part of that hit.
Not that it was illegal; they've thrown flags for less against the Chiefs in the past. Damn, now I sound like a battered fan...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And the very definition of NECESSARY roughness.

If DD tip-toes in there and lets Tannehill so much as dip a shoulder around him, he could've been dragged for a 1st down.

Dan brought the wood because that's what the situation required to end the drive. When that becomes 'unnecessary', the game will be dead.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:57 PM 01-22-2020
I now hope more than ever that Tyreek is Super Bowl MVP...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
It was a form hit. Head up shoulder pads into body.
Y'know I hadn't thought about it until just now, but think about how well coached these guys were this week, especially in the secondary.

To a man they were hitting Henry at/below his thighs. Because...duh. You kinda have to. That's a big man and you want to chop his legs out from under him lest he take your soul.

But when they had shots on smaller dudes like Davis and Tannehill, they stood 'em up. If you hit a guy like that low he'll still go forward for another yard or two. But when you square someone like that up at their chest, they're done.

So the awareness on the field to know that when it's Henry, go low and give up the extra yard of forward progress to ensure you bring him down but when it's someone else, take that aggression and blow their ass up to stop all progress - that's pretty impressive and you had to figure it was drilled into them in during the week.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up