ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It is Wednesday, 11:40am central time and yes...
htismaqe 11:41 AM 01-22-2020
The Chiefs are still going to the Super Bowl. I still can't believe it.
[Reply]
burt 12:58 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
As soon as we won Sunday and the flurry of texts came in, the one that stood out was 'Congrats! Now here comes the longest 2 weeks of your life!'.

So true.
Mike, were you 8 or 9 the last Chiefs SB?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:12 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I just waited until it was safe to return. I didn't want to spend the season endlessly discussing why the defense was terrible or Andy Reid should be fired. :-)
You think Andy Reid should be fired? Dick.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:13 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Mike, were you 8 or 9 the last Chiefs SB?
Yup, 8. I remember when my kid turned 8 and he asked me when the Chiefs last went. I told him, when I was your age. I was 48.

For me it's clicking because I was born in 1960, same year as the Chiefs. We both turn 60 this year, 50 years after their last appearance.

Plus, very similar to the Royals who lost in last game of the season only to win it the following year. And that was exactly 30 years after their last win.

Now factor in the Miami connection: Miami knocking NE from the 2 seed, Matt Moore winning just enough games for us to get home field advantage. Miami hosting 1st Superbowl in 10 years, etc.

It's destiny.
[Reply]
burt 01:19 PM 01-22-2020
For me it's clicking because I was born in 1960, same year as the Chiefs. We both turn 60 this year, 50 years after their last appearance.
Um really??:-) We graduated together, remember???

Plus, very similar to the Royals who lost in last game of the season only to win it the following year. And that was exactly 30 years after their last win.

It's destiny.
I haven't missed a Royals World Series Parade yet. Not gonna miss the Chiefs parade either.
[Reply]
blake5676 01:23 PM 01-22-2020
I have no idea how I'm supposed to do anything even remotely productive over the next 10 days. I literally sit at my desk and CONSUME as many videos, articles, highlights, etc as humanly possible and then go looking for more.

I might as well just drop the coin and go to the game because I'm sure as shit not making any money reading the SF forums and smirking at their predictions. I have no idea if there's a writer, former player, broadcaster who has said anything about this game that I haven't seen.

And it feels so damn good.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:26 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by CityOfKansas:
Last the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl, I was but a zygote in my parent's eyes.
That is a good word to use in Scrabble. :-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:30 PM 01-22-2020
I'm only 46. This is first Super Bowl in my lifetime. :-)
I am 47, right there with you.

Still find myself in shock watching hi-lights from the game...and I was there.

One win away from a Lombardi.

Wow.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:37 PM 01-22-2020
BUMP
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:34 PM 01-22-2020
2:34 p.m. Chiefs are still going to the super bowl!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You think Andy Reid should be fired? Dick.
:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:53 PM 01-22-2020
Every morning since Sunday I have woken up like this.

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:03 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Every morning since Sunday I have woken up like this.

Absolutely THIS. LOL
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:07 PM 01-22-2020
The last Super Bowl I actually watched all the way through was the Saints beating the Colts.

I watched most of the 49ers / Ravens game when the power went out.

Other than that, I haven't seen much. I haven't seen a single Super Bowl that featured the Broncos or Patriots since the Patriots beat the Eagles, which was like 15 years ago, so you get the picture.
The last SB I watched was the Bucs over the Raiders. Hell, I think I've only watched one NFL game in the last three years.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 03:10 PM 01-22-2020
Loooove it.
[Reply]
Monty 05:57 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I know man!!!!

I've been saying it out loud about every other hour...then a big grin & chuckle.

Night before the game, I emceed an Elvis Bash @ Knucks...Monty and I were going around saying 23 minutes till the day we go the Super Bowl...15 minutes till the day we go the SB...to everyone.

:-)
That was greatness! The best part was that we and everyone else believed it!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up