ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>See the Cheap Shot!??
Color Red 04:03 PM 01-21-2020
This ranks up there with the Ben Davidson cheap shot on Len Dawson so long ago.

Look again at Mahomes' Tight Rope Sideline Run from the Titans game. Watch #90 for the Titans, an interior lineman trailing the play until Patrick scored the touchdown. Then watch what #90 does. Tell me what you think.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:45 PM 01-22-2020
Looks fine to me.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:17 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Here ya go

All could watch was #37 coming across the field and just falls down in front of Mahomes, doesn't even have his arms up as he gets near him. Just kind of flops.

I guess he was thinking he'd do a Marcus Peters just-got-paid bump him out of bounds kind of thing.
[Reply]
Cosmos 04:42 PM 01-22-2020
Slammed his hips, full weight on the back of Pats legs.

Saw it at the time and thought it’s was after the play, and intentional.

Yep...
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:45 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I agree with the premise of the OP. Any sort of contact with Mahomes is cheap and should be penalized.
This is an under rated post.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:50 PM 01-22-2020
Honestly it felt to me like Tennessee was pretty classy in that game. They had plenty of chances to do some really cheap late hits on Patrick and they never did it from what I saw. Same thing with Texans. I tip my cap to Vrabel and O’Brien. Patrick is the best and most valuable player in the league. It would be easy for teams to go dirty, especially in the playoffs with a championship on the line.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:18 PM 01-22-2020
Stop it. It wasn't a cheap shot. It was a large fat man that ran down there, saw two of his buddies trying to make the tackle so he basically stopped, the saw Pat trying to lunge into the EZ, and fat guy realized he had to do something, so he lunged at Pat, who by that time was falling into the EZ. And once a 320 lb. guy lunges, there's no stopping all that momentum. So he ends up falling across Pat's lower legs.

That is not dirty. That's a fat guy in motion after reacting late.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:51 PM 01-22-2020
This thread sucks
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:55 PM 01-22-2020
saw it during the game thought it was shady

Mahomie jumped up and flexed on them, fuck the Titans
[Reply]
Color Red 10:58 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I thought it was a cheap shot at first too but then saw it from a different camera angle on Chris Simms' podcast and saw he came down with his elbow down so that his weight wasn't full on Mahomes. I think it was a fat guy who just got done chasing Mahomes for 60 yards and was too tired to do anything other than fall down.
That makes sense. The angle of the TV shot looks like he dives or falls on Patrick's legs. But Pat gets right up after the score and shows no effects of his legs being smashed. So with his elbows #90 held himself off from falling flush on Pat's legs. Good catch.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:00 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's not a cheap shot. That's a very large man whose reaction times are delayed by his mass.
This is a true statement.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:09 PM 01-23-2020
90 thought Pat was gonna get tackled so he was late to the party with his hit. It was a fail any way you slice it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:02 AM 01-24-2020
Early in the first half there was a cheap shot at Mecole Hardman's head that barely missed. I think it was a jet sweep for about 7-8 yards, and as Hardman went down, a defender lowered his shoulder and dove at the back of Hardman's head, and his forearm just barely missed.

I watched it back and it clearly looks like it was intentional, because he doesn't launch himself until Hardman is almost on the ground.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:24 AM 01-24-2020
I think Gronk was really upset with himself after the game. I know that hit was pure shit, but I think he was really not cool with himself
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:41 AM 01-24-2020
I mentioned this in one of the megathreads. It looked like he was trying to "sweep the leg" to me. Extreme prejudice on Pat's lower limbs. We'll never know his intent, and it was legal under the rules. But DaQuan Jones is over 320 lbs. Could have been tragic. Glad it wasn't. Would be interesting to know what the Chiefs' players and coaches might think/say after watching the replay.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 08:39 AM 01-24-2020
He shot straight down the goal line. Looked to me like he was trying to catch Pat before he went in, as the guy trying to strip the ball was slowing him up.

But Pat slipped away & 90 was too late getting there.

Looked like a football play to me.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up