Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>McCoy?
ROYC75 12:34 AM 01-21-2020
What the hell is going on with him?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:07 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
it seemed to me like darwin was focused on his route took the number of steps he was supposed and turned, the pass was very hurried, i dont put that on him.
Kind of the point. He's not supposed to be focused on his route in that situation; he's supposed to be aware of his pass pro responsibilities first and foremost, period. The route is secondary. Maybe even tertiary. If pat had been looking the other way, Darwin's little mental fart could've gotten Pat decapitated.

And I'm not bagging on Darwin. It's a fact that he's a rookie and that Andy's offense is complicated. Hell, it took two years for Pat to download all of it, and Pat is a basic football genius. But Darwin is not ready. Plus, he's going to have the SuperBowl jitters. More than 50% of the time rookies do stupid things in the Super Bowl. Which is why smart HCs don't put rookies in those spots in the Super Bowl.

Darwin should be in the game when he doesn't have pass pro responsibilities, period. Don't put that on him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:13 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He has a long ways to go. On the recovered fumble on the kickoff, he almost stopped because he still thought this was college where you can’t advance a fumble. That’s a red flag.
Wrong. Discussed publicly by the blocker, He says he didn't hear him and wasn't looking at the motion. Maybe its another player covering for him but....

It just looked that way on the TV angle, he knows he cant make it because the defender has the angle, He motioned with the football for a block and yelled at the blocker to get him. If the block is made, he waltzs in.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I could have sworn that somebody here posted a GIF of one of his fumbles where he was holding the ball out instead of tucked in tight to his body (i think it was the GB one), and it was pretty much a consensus that he was not holding the ball securely going through a ton of traffic. From watching the fumble replays when they happened over and over, it looked that way to me.

But either way, mccoy has had a bad habit of holding the ball out like a loaf of bread for years. It was his reputation in philly. Just google image search "lesean mccoy holding the ball out on fumble" and a ton of pics come up with him holding the ball way outside his body with one hand. Maybe it hasn't bitten him in the butt that many times over the many years he's played, but it's a risk we shouldn't take. I'd rather risk darwin missing a hot route or a block b/c that is something that mahomes has a good chance to compensate for. Mahomes can't prevent mccoy from fumbling at an inopportune time.

Outright BS. Shady has 25 fumbles in his entire career. Two less than Barry Sanders. How is 2.5 fumbles per season a ton? Is this a metric ton? A faerie ton? or just a ton of horseshit?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:42 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Outright BS. Shady has 25 fumbles in his entire career. Two less than Barry Sanders. How is 2.5 fumbles per season a ton? Is this a metric ton? A faerie ton? or just a ton of horseshit?
Not surprisingly, you missed the point. My point wasn't that he fumbles so much. In fact, I specifically said that it hasn't bitten him in the butt that many times considering how long he's been playing. The point is that he has a bad habit of holding the ball out away from his body which increases the chances of fumbling.

I really think that earlier in his career, he could get away with it easier b/c he was quicker and could break away from defenders for big gains, but at this point in his career, it's way too risky.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:46 PM 01-21-2020
Not surprisingly, you missed the point. My point wasn't that he fumbles so much. In fact, I specifically said that it hasn't bitten him in the butt that many times considering how long he's been playing. The point is that he has a bad habit of holding the ball out away from his body which increases the chances of fumbling.

I really think that earlier in his career, he could get away with it easier b/c he was quicker and could break away from defenders for big gains, but at this point in his career, it's way too risky.
Nothing but unsubstantiated nonsense, in other words. No actual data to back up your "feeling." Got it.
[Reply]
dls6501 04:49 PM 01-21-2020
I have no issue with how he holds the ball. My issue is that he simply isnt very good anymore.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:50 PM 01-21-2020
Nothing but unsubstantiated nonsense, in other words. No actual data to back up your "feeling." Got it.
It's not a "feeling." Go look at all of the photos of mccoy holding the ball out away from his body with one hand. go read the articles detailing how this is a bad habit of his. It's his reputation, his history and there are photos and video documenting this. It was a CP majority consensus (and may still be) not too long ago. Stop trying to rewrite history by labeling all of this evidence a "feeling."
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:52 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I have no issue with how he holds the ball. My issue is that he simply isnt very good anymore.
If he showed that he could evolve as he has aged and hold the ball more securely, I'd have no problems with him coming in here and there to give williams a breather since his pass pro is pretty good. The problem is that age has caught up with him and he has refused to adjust and take care of the ball better and it has bitten us multiple times this season with game-changing fumbles.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:07 PM 01-21-2020
It's not a "feeling." Go look at all of the photos of mccoy holding the ball out away from his body with one hand. go read the articles detailing how this is a bad habit of his. It's his reputation, his history and there are photos and video documenting this. It was a CP majority consensus (and may still be) not too long ago. Stop trying to rewrite history by labeling all of this evidence a "feeling."

Are these the same article written by the same nitwits that declared that Andy Reid couldn't read a clock?

And "CP majority consensus" is about the least useful measuring stick on Earth. How one could consider CP as evidence . . . Considering how often the 'consensus' flip flops like a fish out of water . . . try again.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:36 PM 01-21-2020
Are these the same article written by the same nitwits that declared that Andy Reid couldn't read a clock?

And "CP majority consensus" is about the least useful measuring stick on Earth. How one could consider CP as evidence . . . Considering how often the 'consensus' flip flops like a fish out of water . . . try again.
These are just a few of the photos. Go look for yourself unless you're too delusional to trust your own eyes.

[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:39 PM 01-21-2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:40 PM 01-21-2020
So I see a photo of Shady running, no fumble there.

A huge chunk of word salad

A second picture of Shady running, no fumble.

More word salad

And finally a single pic of McCoy fumbling.

What should I learn from this?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 01-21-2020
5 pics. One fumble. Fantastic.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:41 PM 01-21-2020

[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:44 PM 01-21-2020
5 pics. One fumble. Fantastic.
As i already explained, my point wasn't about how many times he has fumbled over the course of his career. my point is he has a bad habit of holding the ball insecurely and it's not worth the risk at this point in his career when he no longer had the quickness to get away from defenders before they can cause a fumble. he has 2 game-changing fumbles this year in limited action. not worth the risk.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up