ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 379
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:02 PM 01-24-2020
Willie McGinest on NFLN. Very interesting:

“I feel for Robert Saleh because he’s probably losing sleep over covering this offense with so much speed everywhere. They have a great front but you aren’t going to win and get to the QB every down and against this offense and that QB, it doesn’t matter. All it takes is one play for them to go yard on you.”

He also said he has never seen an offense put so much pressure on a Bill Belichick defense as he did the 2nd half of the AFCCG.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:10 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can anything fall flatter than a 49er fan being condescending?

These guys have had 3 meaningful seasons since Jeff Garcia left town. Yeah, tell me more about your time as NFL royalty back when Reagan was in office...

"Man, if only you guys could've had the feeling of winning with no salary cap and having an owner doing everything he could to win - including go to federal prison..."

Just cuts me to the quick...
Don’t forget that Jerry Rice’s great hands were aided by stick ‘um after it was banned.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:13 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Don’t forget that Jerry Rice’s great hands were aided by stick ‘um after it was banned.
You're not gonna get me to throw darts at the GOAT.

Jerry Rice just flat worked his ass off out there. I know this is the week for "Fuck 49er Forever" but I can't get there with Jerry.

Greatest player in NFL history, stick 'um be damned.
[Reply]
A8bil 01:13 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Final KC practice. They're going to MIA for practice next week.
How are they going to adjust to that warm weather?
[Reply]
Hern 01:14 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is 49ers fan seriously suggesting that his team would be able to waltz up to the #1 overall pick to draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021? "Oh, don't get me wrong, I KNOW how expensive it would be. It would be like... at least a future 1st rounder. Maybe even two!"

Dude, try your entire 2021 draft. And all of 2022's draft. And first rounders in 2023 and 2024. You probably need to also throw in the 2nds and 3rds from those drafts, too. And one of your young DL. Then you MIGHT approach just the POINT VALUE it would take. You have to add on top of that the value of Trevor Lawrence himself.

No, sir. You DON'T understand what it takes to move up that far. By even suggesting it's a possibility, it's clear that you have no clue what it would actually take. And even then, I don't think the team who holds the #1 overall pick would take that deal.
Like clock work these guys come out.

I’m telling you, it never fails.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:15 PM 01-24-2020
Can anything fall flatter than a 49er fan being condescending?

These guys have had 3 meaningful seasons since Jeff Garcia left town. Yeah, tell me more about your time as NFL royalty back when Reagan was in office...

"Man, if only you guys could've had the feeling of winning with no salary cap and having an owner doing everything he could to win - including go to federal prison..."

Just cuts me to the quick...
The last time the 49ers won a SB was in '94 with Young, right? I get the impression that 90% of these trolls weren't even born yet when that happened.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:15 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by A8bil:
How are they going to adjust to that warm weather?
Man, if only they'd have played in it for 12 weeks.

Sure would've been nice if we didn't play the first 3 months of the season in Western Canada. That's gonna really fuck us up...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:17 PM 01-24-2020

Jerry Rice just flat worked his ass off out there. I know this is the week for "Fuck 49er Forever" but I can't get there with Jerry.

I actually really like him too...but fuck him for the next week and a half. Fuck every member of that organization for the next week and a half.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:19 PM 01-24-2020

Jerry Rice just flat worked his ass off out there. I know this is the week for "**** 49er Forever" but I can't get there with Jerry.

Jerry was my favorite player as a kid. 49ers screwed him when they let him go. I can’t believe they forced out two GOAT level players in Joe & Jerry.
[Reply]
A8bil 01:20 PM 01-24-2020
Man, if only they'd have played in it for 12 weeks.

Sure would've been nice if we didn't play the first 3 months of the season in Western Canada. That's gonna really **** us up...
LOL...it's going to feel weird for Mahomes and his receivers when their fingers thaw out.

Serious question here, what did the Colts do right (if anything) to rein in KC in week 5?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:20 PM 01-24-2020
49ers fans posting on their Super Bowl opponent’s message board about wanting to dump their current starting QB for the pipe dream of drafting Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

You just confirmed that Jimmy G is mediocre, congrats.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:21 PM 01-24-2020
Depends on what gets them the lead.

This isn't a game where either team is likely to clearly just overpower the other and run away with it. So if the 9ers find a wrinkle that works and pushes them to a 10+ point lead, I think that's what they have to keep doing.

You have 60 minutes left in your season and nothing you put on tape is going to matter next season. Let it all hang out. If Shanahan finds a way to exploit the the absence of Thornhill and the heavy feet of our LB corps by passing over the middle to build a lead, he should keep doing that, IMO. If he's dialing up runs that are breaking off the edges and THAT'S how they get the lead, then he'll obviously keep doing that.

I'd say the time for switching horses mid-stream is past us and that includes Andy. If you have a 13 point lead in the 2nd half because you were slinging the ball, then keep slinging the damn ball.

The key to milking a lead isn't just running the football and snapping with 2 seconds on the play clock. It's getting 1st downs. And if you're getting those in the air, keep get'n 'em.
I agree. I hope Reid has learned and he keeps his foot on the throttle late in the game. Go get your ring and let Mahomes do what he does.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:23 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I noticed two things about Kyle Shannahan when he was the O coordinator for the skins:

Shanahan had a Tod Hailey-like demeanor. He either overthunk things in crunch time or would whig out like a psycho.

And he SUCKED at game planning during the bi week. I distinctly remember Kyle getting housed-on multiple times coming out of the bi. and when I looked it up the only time he won coming out of the bi with the redskins was when RGIII was quarterback during the magical 2012 season. Otherwise his game plans were poop.

Should bode well for the Chiefs.
Are you illiterate? Or are you LGBT??
[Reply]
DRM08 01:23 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by A8bil:
LOL...it's going to feel weird for Mahomes and his receivers when their fingers thaw out.

Serious question here, what did the Colts do right (if anything) to rein in KC in week 5?
They messed up Mahomes’ ankle. And they didn’t have to face Tyreek Hill or Sammy Watkins. Both of them were out with injury. Mahomes was still moving the ball and making plays until his ankle got screwed up in 2nd quarter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:27 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Jerry was my favorite player as a kid. 49ers screwed him when they let him go. I can’t believe they forced out two GOAT level players in Joe & Jerry.
Yeah, I was a Jerry Rice fan before I was a Chiefs fan. My parents weren't big sports folks but my dad was a big 'have his friends over for a barbecue and a party' guy. So we had SB parties since as far back as I can recall; really the mid-80s.

Watching him vivisect the Bengals in the SB is really my first clear football memory and so I loved the guy from there through the mid-90s. The '90 Chiefs w/ Okoye and Word are really the first team I can clearly recall watching/remembering so I date my true Chief fandom to 1990, but I was a Jerry Rice fan before that and there's just no way I can ever bag on the guy even if pictures emerge of him placing bets against the 9ers and shooting straight horse steroids into his ass at halftime.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 379
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Up