ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Super Bowl LIV - Miami, FL Roll Call Thread
Brooklyn 06:21 PM 01-19-2020
Post up in here if you will be at the Super Bowl on 2/2 in Miami, FL.

I had airline booked and sideline seats in the 300s wrapped up on Monday following the Texans game. Just couldn’t talk about it until it was reality. I’ve come to learn there is no superstition or luck, there is only Mahomes. Eat, wear, do whatever you want because Mahomes is the greatest QB to ever lace ‘end up.

Anyways, as the thread suggests, if you’re going to the game, give a shout. Would be cool to hear the different stuff everyone has planned, where peeps are traveling from, etc. I get on Friday afternoon and fly back to JFK early Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
hoops886 07:04 AM 01-23-2020
Anyone see this watch party? No idea how legit it is, but it looks awesome

ht tps://w ww.tailgatepartycommittee. com/events-sb54

(Been a lurker for 9 years, so still can't hyperlink :-))
[Reply]
Seanachie 07:13 AM 01-23-2020
Heading to Miami to enjoy the experience from Dublin. Found a Irish Pub that’s showing the game. They said it’s a Chiefs pub. It’s called Stout can’t be be that bad with a name like that!!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:14 AM 01-23-2020
Let’s get this kid to Miami.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dustin-to...uper-bowl-2020

Community rallies behind life-long special needs Chiefs fan to get him to Super Bowl

VERSAILLES —

Many people in Versailles consider Dustin Pryor to be the biggest Chiefs fan they know.

Pryor has Down syndrome, but he's still known around his community for being a hard worker and a dedicated Chiefs fan. And now the Versailles community is dedicated to getting Dustin to the Super Bowl to see his favorite team take on the San Francisco 49ers.

Heidi Rayl, a resident of Versailles, knew of Dustin's love for the Chiefs and started a GoFundMe page to send him and a loved one to Miami for the Feb. 2 game.

"Heidi saw it and posted it and got the ball rolling before we even knew what was going on," Chuck Pryor said.

As of Wednesday night, it had raised almost $8,000 out of their $15,000 goal.

The father and son Chuck and Dustin Pryor duo were at the AFC Championship game in Kansas City Sunday when the Chiefs won against the Tennessee Titans -- the final game that would qualify them for the Super Bowl matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.

You would think a Pryor family photo foreshadowed the 2020 Superbowl match-up. In the old photo, Dustin throws a football while one of his brothers is in a San Francisco 49ers sweater and his father in a Kansas City Chiefs sweater.

Foreshadowing maybe? Dustin shared this picture of himself and his brothers and father playing football. His father had on a Kansas City Chiefs sweater and his brother had on a San Francisco 49ers sweater. The two teams are set to play in the Super Bowl Feb. 2.

Even though the team was losing during the beginning of the AFC Championship game, Dustin said he had faith.

"I know he will pull out to the end," Dustin said. "I know he will do it, no matter what. Mahomes knows how to work every downs. He always talks to the players and I hope he want to be my friend some time."

But for Dustin, his father Chuck Pryor said it's been a lifelong love for football and for the Chiefs that makes him so special, and it's something, he said, is why he believes the community is rallying behind him.

"When the Chiefs play, they can be down by 20 points with two minutes left, and he still thinks they're going to win," Chuck said. "He never gives up on them."

But besides his love for football, Chuck said his son Dustin has a love for people and for his community as a whole.

"He's always wanting to give somebody something and help somebody," Chuck said. "It's kind of a humbling thing to have that many people care about your son."

Pryor said his son has worked at the local Walmart for more than 20 years and, in his time there, has taken over 25 of his coworkers to their first Chiefs game.

"We grew up being Chiefs fans," Chuck said. "I was ten years old when I went to the Superbowl the last time. It was crazy then and it's gonna be crazy now."

For the Chiefs, Dustin had a couple of things he wanted them to know.

"You are number one in my life," Dustin said. "You guys need to win all the way to get the Super Bowl forever. If you win the Super Bowl, I go nuts."

But, Dustin made it clear that wherever he will be watching the Super Bowl, the entire team will have his support.
[Reply]
DanT 12:24 PM 01-23-2020
I'll be there with my older brother, in Section 320 (about the 20-yard line, on the San Francisco sideline), row 8. Should have pretty good views from there. Probably be the only Super Bowl I ever see in person, but I figured if Mahomes is going to win about ten of them for my beloved Chiefs, I might as well see the first. :-)
[Reply]
splatbass 12:30 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by DanT:
I'll be there with my older brother, in Section 320 (about the 20-yard line, on the San Francisco sideline), row 8. Should have pretty good views from there. Probably be the only Super Bowl I ever see in person, but I figured if Mahomes is going to win about ten of them for my beloved Chiefs, I might as well see the first. :-)
That was my reasoning for going. They might go many times with Mahomes, but this one will be special because it is his first we haven't been in 50 years. I don't know where I'm sitting though, haven't seen the tickets yet.
[Reply]
DanT 12:49 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by splatbass:
That was my reasoning for going. They might go many times with Mahomes, but this one will be special because it is his first we haven't been in 50 years. I don't know where I'm sitting though, haven't seen the tickets yet.
It's awesome you're flying all the way from Hawaii! I am hoping for a boring game, with the Chiefs dominating. :-)
[Reply]
splatbass 12:58 PM 01-23-2020
It's awesome you're flying all the way from Hawaii! I am hoping for a boring game, with the Chiefs dominating. :-)
Me too! But I think the 49ers will make it a close game.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:59 PM 01-23-2020
I'm in 321 row 2. Hope to see you there!
[Reply]
DanT 01:04 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I'm in 321 row 2. Hope to see you there!
Awesome! I think we're in seats 8 and 9.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:40 PM 01-23-2020
https://twitter.com/britchiefuk/stat...143075329?s=21
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:59 PM 01-23-2020
Awesome! I think we're in seats 8 and 9.
15 and 16... You going to the Chiefs fundraiser Sat. night?
[Reply]
DanT 07:27 PM 01-23-2020
15 and 16... You going to the Chiefs fundraiser Sat. night?
No, I land near midnight on Saturday, like 11:20 pm. It will be a whirlwind trip. I'm flying from Sacramento via Denver (where I chronically get stuck on flights). If all goes well, my brother will have landed at the airport (flying in from KC via Dallas) about an hour before me. We'll probably just go straight to the hotel and sleep and then spend most of Sunday at the event and then grab a little bit of sleep for our early flights home Monday morning. Such a short trip, I'm not even going to bother with a rental car, just use the hotel airport shuttle and Lyft, probably.

If this game goes like Game 7 of the 1985 World Series--which my older brother and I worked as food vendors in the stands, after also working the Chiefs game earlier that day--or like Game 5 in 2015 World Series, I'll be way too excited to get much sleep...I will just want to read and watch all the stories about how great the team from KC is! :-)
[Reply]
splatbass 07:32 PM 01-23-2020
No, I land near midnight on Saturday. It will be a whirlwind trip. I'm flying from Sacramento via Denver (where I chronically get stuck on flights). If all goes well, my brother will have landed at the airport (flying in from KC via Dallas) about an hour before me. We'll probably just go straight to the hotel and sleep and then spend most of Sunday at the event and then grab a little bit of sleep for our early flights home Monday morning. Such a short trip, I'm not even going to bother with a rental car, just use the hotel airport shuttle and Lyft, probably.
Same for me, whirlwind. I fly overnight Friday from Hawaii landing Saturday morning, then Saturday afternoon go to the Super Bowl Experience (package tour - meals, events, transportation are all included). Then on Sunday the game then fly out after the game at 0200 Monday. Less than 48 hours in Miami. In between they take us around to various sites and to sample the local food.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:33 PM 01-23-2020
No, I land near midnight on Saturday, like 11:30 pm. It will be a whirlwind trip. I'm flying from Sacramento via Denver (where I chronically get stuck on flights). If all goes well, my brother will have landed at the airport (flying in from KC via Dallas) about an hour before me. We'll probably just go straight to the hotel and sleep and then spend most of Sunday at the event and then grab a little bit of sleep for our early flights home Monday morning. Such a short trip, I'm not even going to bother with a rental car, just use the hotel airport shuttle and Lyft, probably.

If this game goes like Game 7 of the 1985 World Series, which my older brother worked as food vendors together, after also working the Chiefs game earlier that day, or like Game 5 in 2015 World Series, I'll be way too excited to get much sleep...I will just want to read and watch all the stories about how great the team from KC is! :-)
I'll come over and say hi at the game. Travel safe!
[Reply]
DanT 07:58 PM 01-23-2020
I'll come over and say hi at the game. Travel safe!
I'll look forward to it. Safe travels!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up