ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 64
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:29 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I was making the point that Mahomes is not considered the best QB in the NFL by many people, including in the media.

That's....i completely disagree. Far, far faaaar more people do in fact believe he's the best, many think it's not even close and you're focused on a very small minority who, quite frankly, are drawing that conclusion for reasons no based on football.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:31 PM 01-16-2020
Lamar is far more successful than I thought he would be. Also, his improvement from year 1 to year 2 I didn't think would happen. He deserves credit for that.

But the OP isn't off base on anything other than the RB for the Chiefs crack.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:31 PM 01-16-2020
Okay, so with 6 games left in the season then. :-)

Lamar and the Ravens had been built up as unstoppable. Their ground game was historic this year, but they did have some major flaws, which the Titans exposed.
The media's job is to hype though. It's not really their job to explain to you weaknesses and matchup. Some do, obviously. And we've absolutely gotten more than our share of praise. I've been soaking in every minute of it too.

But they mostly exist to get fans hyped and tuned in for the ratings.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:34 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Lamar is far more successful than I thought he would be. Also, his improvement from year 1 to year 2 I didn't think would happen. He deserves credit for that.

But the OP isn't off base on anything other than the RB for the Chiefs crack.
The OP is very far off base because A) he's a bitch, and B) he's mistaken made-for-T.V-debate with what people ACTUALLY think. I mean, Scarecrow just posted his evidence and every fucking one of them in each video took Mahomes.

It's ok to acknowledge that Jackson did some special shit this year. He did.

But when push comes to shove 99% of the people out there are taking Mahomes. The "evidence" supplied in this thread proves it. There's really no argument here. There never was.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:38 PM 01-16-2020
Show me THIS video for Lamar Jackson. Where is it? Is there even anything like this out there for Lamar Jackson?

Fuck no. GMAFB. There's never been a legit debate about this. Piss off Wallcrawler, bitch ass bitch.

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:43 PM 01-16-2020
All the OP states is that the media was putting Jackson in the same league as Mahomes, not that he was actually better. They pretty clearly were, granted most put Mahomes as better, but the fact that the conversation was happening at all was a little silly.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:51 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's....i completely disagree. Far, far faaaar more people do in fact believe he's the best, many think it's not even close and you're focused on a very small minority who, quite frankly, are drawing that conclusion for reasons no based on football.
To me it seems that Mahomes is put to different standards by the media than Lamar or Watson.

Stuff like- Mahomes has never beaten Brady and Belichek - getting shut out for a half in two separate games. Then when Mahomes wins- its - well Brady does not have the same weapons. The goalpost always get moved.

Even on here, people were posting that Mahomes was having a down year after he came back from injury, even though we kept winning and the field conditions were terrible for several games in a row.

Now the bar is set at a Superbowl birth. Then a win.

Once he gets that first ring- the conversation will change from best now- to one of the best ever. It should be a fun debate.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:25 PM 01-16-2020
Looks like I got all up in Detoxing's feels. Posted quite a bit while i was at work I see.

For someone who likes to sling the word Bitch around as much as you, you sure do get redassed really easily lmmfao.

A thread got made on the internet you didnt agree with, you posted complete ignorance of the topic, and got called on it. Pretty simple.

This thread, while clearly massively offensive to you, was a statement of opinion about all the Lamar or Mahomes, who do you want shit.

I posted it here, because its a football topic. Now, while you would love to have everyone believe that me seeing this type of thing is the most offensive thing ive ever seen and just cant take it, mostly because of a little bitchass overreaction on your part to getting called out for posting pure ignorance in a thread you didnt even feel was necessary, yet somehow could not stop yourself from posting in, that's simply not the case and was a simple statement that all that horseshit discussion over who would you take can cease.

I've been here for the duration of your time on this board, Detoxing, and for the most part, your 44+ thousand posts has done little more than contribute to the loss of brain cells of those stumbling across your bullshit.

Now, hopefully when you finish gettin your titties in and your hormones level off, you can calm your ass down.

Or, keep posting your feels. Its funny in a sort of "I'm going to hell for laughing at this ****ing retard, I'm sure he cant help it/hey man, its not his fault" sort of way, but screw it. Ill laugh anyway.

Pro tip, try to know sonething about a topic before you deem it unnecessary, and post proof youre doing nothing but talking out of your ass.

Your feels will thank you. Now dry those eyes, and run tell everyone what a BITCH Wallcrawler is.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:28 PM 01-16-2020
Lamar is a gimmick. It's over
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:33 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
All the OP states is that the media was putting Jackson in the same league as Mahomes, not that he was actually better. They pretty clearly were, granted most put Mahomes as better, but the fact that the conversation was happening at all was a little silly.

Exactly.

I forgot my crayolas to draw it out for the special needs class. King and Detoxing head up that very special group of little troopers.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 10:14 PM 01-16-2020
You guys have got stop being so insecure.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:26 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Looks like I got all up in Detoxing's feels. Posted quite a bit while i was at work I see.

For someone who likes to sling the word Bitch around as much as you, you sure do get redassed really easily lmmfao.

A thread got made on the internet you didnt agree with, you posted complete ignorance of the topic, and got called on it. Pretty simple.

This thread, while clearly massively offensive to you, was a statement of opinion about all the Lamar or Mahomes, who do you want shit.

I posted it here, because its a football topic. Now, while you would love to have everyone believe that me seeing this type of thing is the most offensive thing ive ever seen and just cant take it, mostly because of a little bitchass overreaction on your part to getting called out for posting pure ignorance in a thread you didnt even feel was necessary, yet somehow could not stop yourself from posting in, that's simply not the case and was a simple statement that all that horseshit discussion over who would you take can cease.

I've been here for the duration of your time on this board, Detoxing, and for the most part, your 44+ thousand posts has done little more than contribute to the loss of brain cells of those stumbling across your bullshit.

Now, hopefully when you finish gettin your titties in and your hormones level off, you can calm your ass down.

Or, keep posting your feels. Its funny in a sort of "I'm going to hell for laughing at this ****ing retard, I'm sure he cant help it/hey man, its not his fault" sort of way, but screw it. Ill laugh anyway.

Pro tip, try to know sonething about a topic before you deem it unnecessary, and post proof youre doing nothing but talking out of your ass.

Your feels will thank you. Now dry those eyes, and run tell everyone what a BITCH Wallcrawler is.
Dude, you need to take a deep breath.everyone here knows mahomes is better than Lamar. Our main focus is the afc championship game right now
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude...it's very, very obvious that their roles are to play heel to Shannon and Wright's over the top homerism.
Uhh... I guess how do we define homerism? Don't you have to be a fan of the team to be a homer?

Shannon is still no fan of the Chiefs. He talks them up because he loves him some Mahomes. But I wouldn't call him a homer.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 11:59 PM 01-16-2020
To me it seems that Mahomes is put to different standards by the media than Lamar or Watson.
Because he's better than they are.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 AM 01-17-2020
People bitch at me for shitting on Deshaun Watson a lot. But the media just plays into that. Why does Watson "just win games" but Mahomes is some fucking chump who plays like Andy Dalton in big moments?

It seems to me that Patrick Mahomes is the far more "clutch" QB so far in their respective NFL careers. Are people STILL fucking talking about Watson and when he was at Clemson? Jesus Christ, that's fucking idiotic.

Gimme Josh White, Ken Dorsey, and Greg McElroy! Those guys are just winners, man, let me tell you! Couldn't beat'em in college!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 64
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up