ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 64
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:15 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don’t think that “perfect” comment is true. Saw a quote from Harbaugh that he had a great conversation with Lamar after the playoff loss. They discussed the areas Lamar needs to improve. Harbaugh said Lamar was pretty self-aware about the flaws in his game. So I think they have the right attitude about it. He will get better as a passer.
Doubtful. He's not going to catch the NFL unaware again. Defenses will catch up before he's able to improve or compensate enough. Not saying he'll suck, but he's also not going to put up nearly the same numbers. And he's already ran the ball 300+ times I'm the NFL, the big hit is coming soon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 01-24-2020
Pretty rough showing in accuracy drills at the Pro Bowl for Lamar. Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson showing what a real passer looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FQUrPhJDo
This was just cringeworthy, man...

I've been calling the guy the best passing runningback in the league....guess I should've considered WRs in that group.

The kid can't throw the football and I could not possibly care less what his completion % says. You just have to watch him sling it and there's no other conclusion to reach.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:19 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
..as was Booger McFarland's commentary...
[Reply]
DRM08 10:23 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Doubtful. He's not going to catch the NFL unaware again. Defenses will catch up before he's able to improve or compensate enough. Not saying he'll suck, but he's also not going to put up nearly the same numbers. And he's already ran the ball 300+ times I'm the NFL, the big hit is coming soon.
Oh yes, I agree on the stat regression. He can be a better passer next year and still come up well short of 36 passing TDs. Just look at the stat regression for Mahomes, and I think Pat is definitely a better QB right now compared to a year ago.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It can be improved. Just watching him throw at the Pro Bowl skills contest shows me he needs to improve his footwork, which would help a lot.

I mean, he'll never be Joe Montana, but he can be better than he is now, as far as throwing mechanics and being more accurate. However, as pointed out, his mental game is probably not ever really going to improve much. He is what he is, but that doesn't mean he can't improve.
Throwing accurately is all about repeatable mechanics. And repeatability is almost always about biomechanics.

MLB pitchers are the best examples of it; so few of those guys ever truly find additional accuracy beyond their baseline at about 22 years old. Some guys like Randy Johnson struggle with it because they have these crazy body types that it takes time to figure out, but if you're a 6'2'' righty, you're just not gonna add any additional accuracy to speak of over time. Your body simply lacks the biomechanics to repeat your delivery.

Yes, Jackson can refine his footwork so that at least THAT part of his platform is stable, but his upper body just isn't built to be an accurate passer. It's not going to happen for him.

He'll always be fighting his consistency because his body isn't built for the kind of precision that someone like Brees is. And Patrick Mahomes is simply the exception that proves the rule.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:27 AM 01-24-2020

I've been calling the guy the best passing runningback in the league....guess I should've considered WRs in that group.

The kid can't throw the football and I could not possibly care less what his completion % says. You just have to watch him sling it and there's no other conclusion to reach.
Me after watching Jackson: "Ah, c'mon that must be difficult for a lot of guys. Must be some wind howling around too"

And then Kirk Cousins threw.... :-) @ Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Me after watching Jackson: "Ah, c'mon that must be difficult for a lot of guys. Must be some wind howling around too"

I mean what the hell is that delivery? That's something you do when you HAVE to. You don't do that flat-footed side-whip when you're standing there throwing at targets.

And on the deep balls he just couldn't get it there. Guy's flat coming up short on targets that are, what, 30 yards downfield?

And people want to actually argue with you when you say that he can't throw outside the hash. That's a 20 yard gain if he puts it where he wants, right? 30 at most?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:42 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:42 AM 01-24-2020
I mean what the hell is that delivery? That's something you do when you HAVE to. You don't do that flat-footed side-whip when you're standing there throwing at targets.

And on the deep balls he just couldn't get it there. Guy's flat coming up short on targets that are, what, 30 yards downfield?

And people want to actually argue with you when you say that he can't throw outside the hash. That's a 20 yard gain if he puts it where he wants, right? 30 at most?
[Reply]
UK_Chief 11:15 AM 01-24-2020
Anyone who disagrees is and idiot
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:17 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Of course the media was on his jock the whole year. He scored 43 ****ing touchdowns. The highest in the league. He was the biggest playmaker in the NFL this season. Why wouldn't they be on his jock?
I believe that you also have been all over his jock. Wasn't it you that came in here calling him Lamarvelous?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:20 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I believe that you also have been all over his jock. Wasn't it you that came in here calling him Lamarvelous?
King wants to be Lamar Jackoff's private ball washer. He's got a hard-on for the Ravens. He wants to be the bread in a Lamar, Ingram, and Peters sammich.

Makes me wonder why he isn't posting on a Ravens forum.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:24 AM 01-24-2020
So I'm thinking of Mahomes' contract in the context of what happened with Aaron Rodgers many years ago. Deshaun Watson has leaked to the media that he is going to use Mahomes' contract to squeeze an even bigger salary from the Texans. Given what we saw this past weekend, I think the Texans should tell him to jump off a cliff. But they won't. They'll end up paying him more than Mahomes and they'll be stuck with a QB who isn't the best in the world. Same thing with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. He will squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Jones after Mahomes pushes the market above $40M.

Years ago, Aaron Rodgers set the market at $22M. Before you knew it, the likes of Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Jimmy G, and Kirk Cousins were at $25-29M while Rodgers was still at $22M. Similar situation is about to play out with Mahomes. I know a lot of folks on this forum want Mahomes to give the Chiefs a big discount. But the reality is they are getting a massive discount to begin with. If they pay him $40M per year and we see another 5 inferior QB's go above that number in the next few years, then the Chiefs can sit back and laugh their butts off at the rest of the league...same as the Packers did with Rodgers at $22M.

Relative to his peers, Rodgers was worth a hell of a lot more than that $22M number. Same statement is true with Mahomes at $40M. If Dak and Deshaun are gonna get paid $40M, Mahomes' real value is more like $60M. That's a big win for the Chiefs in the grand scheme. The other team that can laugh their butts off is Seattle. Russell Wilson at $35M is a massive steal when you start thinking about a Dak Prescott at $40M.
It would be hilarious if Mahomes said, hey, I don't have to be the highest paid QB in the league. Give me $25 million per year and use that extra $15 million to build a better team around me. Prescott and Watson would be screwed, and the Chiefs would be setup beautifully. Of course that's not going to happen. But it would be great if it did.
[Reply]
FAX 11:25 AM 01-24-2020
I just noticed that Lamar scored a "Blazing Two Points" at the Pro Bowl Precision Passing event. He blamed the wind.

Nowhere to go but up for the leader of the Jacksons 11.

FAX
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:27 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by :
y

[Reply]
Page 11 of 64
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up