ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 301
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:20 PM 05-28-2019
This team is actually worse than they were last year.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 08:28 PM 05-28-2019
I know it's probably Witt this year...is there a generational talent projected next year so we can at least enjoy this crap festival and look forward to getting a superstar?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:33 PM 05-28-2019
Fangraphs thinks the Royals should take Andrew Vaughn..yeah ok.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Definitely a potential comp. Witt is a much better athlete though.
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Brandon Wood was the best minor league player I ever seen play not named Alex Gordon. Damn he was good. I saw him hit a moon shot at Hammons Field.

What exactly happened to that guy? I’d read he was the next Ripken, next thing he’s bouncing around as a bench player then cut
[Reply]
BWillie 08:38 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Fangraphs thinks the Royals should take Andrew Vaughn..yeah ok.
I think so. I feel like Bobby Witt Jr has a big bust rate. I hope Orioles take Witt or Vaughn so we can get Ruschman but Vaughn looks to be a legit bat who can help us 3 years quicker than Witt. Just kind low value to draft a 1B as a #2 overall pick who can't play anywhere else.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:38 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Definitely a potential comp. Witt is a much better athlete though.
I just want to say I really appreciate your baseball takes; I really don't understand or appreciate the sport enough, and you seem pretty keyed in...

Thank you sir
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:00 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think so. I feel like Bobby Witt Jr has a big bust rate. I hope Orioles take Witt or Vaughn so we can get Ruschman but Vaughn looks to be a legit bat who can help us 3 years quicker than Witt. Just kind low value to draft a 1B as a #2 overall pick who can't play anywhere else.

If the Orioles take Vaughn, the Royals would still take Witt over Rutschman based on what’s being chatted about in the prospect community.

I don’t agree with it, but they’re in love with Witt. They’d take him 1-1 if they had the top pick, according to Twitter.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What exactly happened to that guy? I’d read he was the next Ripken, next thing he’s bouncing around as a bench player then cut

It’s hard to explain. His K rate wasn’t that bad in the minors. Just couldn’t hit major league pitching well enough.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:08 PM 05-28-2019
Vaughn is short for a first baseman. That's a major red flag.
[Reply]
sondevil 09:44 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I know it's probably Witt this year...is there a generational talent projected next year so we can at least enjoy this crap festival and look forward to getting a superstar?
Spencer Torkelson from Arizona State would be a great option. Kid is a hitting machine.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:30 PM 05-28-2019
I watched Joakim Soria pitch against the Angels in the 9th tonight. Predict his outcome.
Soria gets the first two outs in the inning and then does he?

A. Allow La Stella to single, bringing up Mike Trout
B. Walk Trout
C. Throw a wild pitch
D. Allow Ohtani to single, driving in two runs
E. All of the Above

I know he got a hard time in his second stint with KC, but woof, that inning brought up an all too real recurring horror while he was here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:40 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

If there was that type of talent in next year’s draft, we’d know more about him right now.

But that doesn’t mean there can’t be a Casey Mize or Rutschman/Vaughn.

There are a few college arms from UGA/UF and Torkelson that will be projected at the top of the draft. Lot can change between now and then.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:11 AM 05-29-2019
Can't embed on my phone (for whatever reason), but here's that beautiful first pitch in case you missed it :-)

https://mobile.twitter.com/FSKansasC...0%2Fframe.html
[Reply]
Mecca 06:13 AM 05-29-2019
Torkelson is yet another first baseman.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:11 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Can't embed on my phone (for whatever reason), but here's that beautiful first pitch in case you missed it :-)

https://mobile.twitter.com/FSKansasC...0%2Fframe.html

Let's just say there was some shaky command on tonight's ceremonial first pitch at Guaranteed Rate Field.#Royals | #WhiteSox pic.twitter.com/c3YT5YsH3o

— FOX Sports Kansas City (@FSKansasCity) May 28, 2019

[Reply]
Coogs 07:21 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
This team is actually worse than they were last year.
And we still "trail" those pesky O's by a game and a half in the standings this morning.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 301
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up