ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 791
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201601 > Last »
The Lounge>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 02:35 PM 03-04-2019
I agree with htis in that if they aren't going to extend him just try and tag and trade.

Not because I necessarily think he'll get hurt but moreso because you're going to lose him next year anyway so take that money and invest it in someone who'll be here longer.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:37 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
We have no clue if they do or not. We haven't seen them play in it
Well they played the positions in college in 4-3 systems, so we can safely assume that Speaks, KPass, DOD, they all fit better now positionally.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:38 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree with htis in that if they aren't going to extend him just try and tag and trade.

Not because I necessarily think he'll get hurt but moreso because you're going to lose him next year anyway so take that money and invest it in someone who'll be here longer.
Does 2019 not matter then? Because if you just give Ford away, you may as well say that you aren’t really trying that hard to win this year. They aren’t going to find anyone better to replace him with this upcoming season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:38 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree with htis in that if they aren't going to extend him just try and tag and trade.

Not because I necessarily think he'll get hurt but moreso because you're going to lose him next year anyway so take that money and invest it in someone who'll be here longer.
If they feel they are one step away from winning the SB, I could reason why they would rent him for one more year than let him walk in FA aftet and collect a 3rd round comp.
[Reply]
O.city 02:41 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If they feel they are one step away from winning the SB, I could reason why they would rent him for one more year than let him walk in FA aftet and collect a 3rd round comp.
Yeah, i'd solely trade him though based on having someone else lined up to play the spot and give me some production.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:43 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, i'd solely trade him though based on having someone else lined up to play the spot and give me some production.
Who are they going to get that's going to fit what Spags is looking for?
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Who are they going to get that's going to fit what Spags is looking for?
Sadly, that's probably the issue.

First off they're gonna have to get some production from their younger drafted players or they're probably fucked anyway.

But other than that i'd probably try and shore up the secondary and hope my staff could scheme up some pass rush.

I dunno.
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 03-04-2019

#Browns LB Jamie Collins is likely to be cut, traded or have his deal restructured soon, per @MaryKayCabot. Collins carries a nearly $12M cap number for 2019.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 4, 2019



Could he play the SAM?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:51 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Does 2019 not matter then? Because if you just give Ford away, you may as well say that you aren’t really trying that hard to win this year. They aren’t going to find anyone better to replace him with this upcoming season.
I disagree.

I think that Ford is a really excellent speed rusher but is below average in every other aspect.

I think a better rounded player, while maybe not putting up as many sacks will actually make your overall defense better, and there are guys that will not cost what Ford will that fit that description.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:



Could he play the SAM?
Yea, he’d be a good fit there.

I wouldn’t want to overpay, but it would be a solid move
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, he’d be a good fit there.

I wouldn’t want to overpay, but it would be a solid move
I think he would.

He just seems like a headcase or something.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I disagree.

I think that Ford is a really excellent speed rusher but is below average in every other aspect.

I think a better rounded player, while maybe not putting up as many sacks will actually make your overall defense better, and there are guys that will not cost what Ford will that fit that description.
There are only two aspects. Pass rush and run defense.

He’s excellent at one and below average at the other (though not as bad as people make it sound). Even if you think Ford only gets it done with his speed rush, which wasn’t the case in 2018, by all measures he was elite in that department.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:00 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sadly, that's probably the issue.

First off they're gonna have to get some production from their younger drafted players or they're probably fucked anyway.

But other than that i'd probably try and shore up the secondary and hope my staff could scheme up some pass rush.

I dunno.
You gotta have guys that can be a threat in his nascar packages. Breeland Speaks and Tanoh Kpassagon aren't going to really frighten an Offensive Coordinator.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:04 PM 03-04-2019
Trade/cut Houston, Ford, Berry. Too much DL/Edge talent in this year's draft. Get a CB in the first, pick up an edge rusher in the 2nd and beyond. Sign a veteran f/a safety to lead the defense for a few years: E. Thomas/L. Collins. Maybe pick up a veteran mid-tier edge rusher for a reasonable salary. Someone to help lead the youngsters on the field.

Short term pain in dead money, but great overall overall savings. This is the year to get D linemen in the draft.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:07 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Trade/cut Houston, Ford, Berry. Too much DL/Edge talent in this year's draft. Get a CB in the first, pick up an edge rusher in the 2nd and beyond. Sign a veteran f/a safety to lead the defense for a few years: E. Thomas/L. Collins. Maybe pick up a veteran mid-tier edge rusher for a reasonable salary. Someone to help lead the youngsters on the field.

Short term pain in dead money, but great overall overall savings. This is the year to get D linemen in the draft.
Thomas wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. No thanks
[Reply]
Page 101 of 791
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201601 > Last »
Up