ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1772 of 2686
« First < 772127216721722176217681769177017711772 17731774177517761782182218722272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:29 AM 01-24-2020
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...terrify-49ers/

I apologize, fucking autoplay
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:56 AM 01-24-2020
Here you go 49er fans.

Originally Posted by :
Jimmy Garoppolo‘s 2018 season ended in Week Three in Kansas City, when he tore his ACL in a loss to the Chiefs. After the game, Garoppolo got an unexpected visit from Patrick Mahomes.

As he and Mahomes prepare to face each other in Super Bowl LIV, Garoppolo recalled this week that Mahomes made a point of checking on him after the game, something Garoppolo appreciated.

“I didn’t even know Pat at the time,” Garoppolo said. “For him to come out of his way after the game and wish me luck and everything, just a real class act. The guy is awesome on the field, off the field, he does it all.”
Garoppolo said he and Mahomes haven’t really gotten to know each other since then, but that one act gave Garoppolo plenty of insight into Mahomes’ character.

“For him to do something as simple as that, it went a long way,” Garoppolo said.

There is nothing but respect between the starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl LIV.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:05 AM 01-24-2020
Scary thought...

“Patrick’s just 24 years old,” Stroupe said. “He has not reached his athletic peak in any metric that we can think of. He’s going to get better physically every year for the next several years. Until he’s 30 years old, we’re climbing. When he becomes 30 years old, his power will be less of a priority than strength, but right now we have a lot of power and speed and stability and mobility that we can attain. That’s going to stick with him for a long time during his career.

“I know that’s going to be bad news for the league,” he said. “He’s not close to being fully-developed.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...239511233.html
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:32 AM 01-24-2020
Courtesy of espn:

He is 5-4 (55%) in his career during games in which the Chiefs trailed by at least 10 points. The rest of the league during that time -- 67-405-3 -- winning 14% of the time.

And the Chiefs scored 40, 51, 31 and 31 points in Mahomes' four losses when trailing by double digits. They came back to lead during the fourth quarter in three of those games.

Mahomes' 35 starts without losing by more than seven points is the second longest to start a career among Super Bowl era quarterbacks behind Russell Wilson's 38. His eight career losses are by three, three, one, seven, six, six, seven and three points.

When his team is trailing, Mahomes is first in QBR (87) and TD percentage (8.7), second in yards per attempt (8.6) and third in passing touchdowns (33).
[Reply]
DRM08 10:38 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Courtesy of espn:

He is 5-4 (55%) in his career during games in which the Chiefs trailed by at least 10 points. The rest of the league during that time -- 67-405-3 -- winning 14% of the time.

Mahomes' 35 starts without losing by more than seven points is the second longest to start a career among Super Bowl era quarterbacks behind Russell Wilson's 38. His eight career losses are by three, three, one, seven, six, six, seven and three points.

When his team is trailing, Mahomes is first in QBR (87) and TD percentage (8.7), second in yards per attempt (8.6) and third in passing touchdowns (33).
Is that Russell streak with the Legion of Boom defense? Mahomes’ streak is pretty impressive considering how terrible the KC defense was last year.

Also at least 2 of the 4 losses were against Patriots and Mahomes dragged KC into the lead LATE in both games. Defense choked away both of them.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:38 AM 01-24-2020
Courtesy of espn:

These still piss me off! :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:40 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Is that Russell streak with the Legion of Boom defense? Mahomes’ streak is pretty impressive considering how terrible the KC defense was last year.

Also at least 2 of the 4 losses were against Patriots and Mahomes dragged KC into the lead LATE in both games. Defense choked away both of them.
Yes, wilson started his career with the legion of boom I'm pretty sure. And one of the paragraphs I intended to paste in my post got lost so I added it, which is about the 4 losses when trailing by 10 points.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:48 AM 01-24-2020
Yes, wilson started his career with the legion of boom I'm pretty sure. And one of the paragraphs I intended to paste in my post got lost so I added it, which is about the 4 losses when trailing by 10 points.
Yeah, Rams game. I blame Mahomes for that one. Gave the Rams 21 points on big turnovers. Goff delivered 14 to the Chiefs on big turnovers. So that was the difference in a 3 point game. But that game is another example of Mahomes fighting back hard when the team gets down. At one point very early, it appeared the Rams would blow out the Chiefs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:54 AM 01-24-2020
If Scandrick can catch an easy INT we win the Rams game.

But the second to last turnover was definitely on Mahomes. The last one is understandable given 25 seconds left or w/e. I still wish he'd have just heaved it 70 yards to the end zone to where Hill was streaking to the corner. I was seated behind that end zone, and I'd have the story of a lifetime.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:17 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The argument that Alex Smith's last season stats were similar to Mahomes stats this year is a bad one IMO. It's an interesting nugget but the holes in that are that Mahomes played in 1.75 less games and had a 1,300 yd rusher in Kareem Hunt. Kareem Hunt was also amazing in the passing game.

It was sooo much easier to chuck it deep that year with the presence of Kareem Hunt. You saw this offense with Kareem Hunt + Mahomes and it was frightening. Mahomes averaged 37 points a game with Kareem Hunt.
Terrible argument. No one is mentioning the crucial situational areas that Mahomes made this offense much better in like 3rd down offense and redzone offense. Alex was always below average in both while we've been the best 3rd down O in football for 2 years now under Mahomes. And while redzone O was down compared to last year's, it's obvious the lack of running game and Mahomes not being healthy was a key culprit to that this year...and the redzone O has been flawless in the playoffs.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:22 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The argument that Alex Smith's last season stats were similar to Mahomes stats this year is a bad one IMO. It's an interesting nugget but the holes in that are that Mahomes played in 1.75 less games and had a 1,300 yd rusher in Kareem Hunt. Kareem Hunt was also amazing in the passing game.

It was sooo much easier to chuck it deep that year with the presence of Kareem Hunt. You saw this offense with Kareem Hunt + Mahomes and it was frightening. Mahomes averaged 37 points a game with Kareem Hunt.
Alex Smith's last season in KC stats were the ceiling/highs of his career and he couldn't sustain that level of play throughout the season (see when the Chiefs lost 6 of 7 games during the middle of the 2017 season when Alex Smith played like shit), capped off with the choke job in the playoffs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:35 AM 01-24-2020

A friend of mine tried to make a Mahomes snowman. NAILED IT
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 AM 01-24-2020
Mahomes threw 34 TD in 16 games this year.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:05 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
These still piss me off! :-)
Why? The only loss that matters is the AFCCG loss last year. Other than that one, those losses mean nothing. Both last season and this season, KC got a first round bye and hosted the AFCCG. If any of those losses had caused them to lose the bye and go on the road, I could see being upset. But, in the end, they didn't matter one bit.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:28 PM 01-24-2020

[Reply]
Page 1772 of 2686
« First < 772127216721722176217681769177017711772 17731774177517761782182218722272 > Last »
Up